HXC AZ CHAPTER first run. Sedona, March 10th (updated)

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

HXC AZ CHAPTER first run. Sedona, March 10th (updated)

Postby JOSE D. » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:53 pm

Rod and I have been talking about it and we have decided to do a run on March 10th, in Sedona. He will be driving down friday and stay the night in Sedona and I will be up there first thing in the morning on Saturday. I will head back home on Saturday, if I can get Sunday off from work then I will probably stay the night up there and head back home sunday morning . We can hit the first trail after breakfast. the first trail will probably be Broken Arrow and find a spot for lunch somewhere along this trail. More info on where to meet will be posted later. Hope to see many of you there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update.
Here is the info for the hotel

Kings Ransom Sedona Hotel
771 Highway 179
Sedona, AZ 86339
http://www.kingsransomsedona.com/

When making reservations tell them you're with the Hummer X Club. They have set aside 8 rooms for a group rate of $79 per room per night. You must call the hotel directly to ensure your reservation.

We found a large parking lot to meet at, it is located on highway 179 in between the I17 and 89, north side of the street from the google map it looks like a backwords E and you can see the ramp leading to the parking lot. Its a strip mall with lots stores, its actually located in Oak Creek here is the link of the google map for it. I figured we can have breakfast and meet at the parking lot around 9AM and wait for every body to show up then hit the trails.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe= ... 1&t=k&om=1

I will also drive up on Friday and I was able to get that sunday off so I will stay Saturday night and leave Sunday morning(night run?) 8) .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sedona Red Rock passes will also be required when we stop at any trail
and when we stop for luch. you can buy them online and pay shipping or you can buy them that day at any of the stores listed on the link.

http://www.redrockcountry.org/passes-an ... hase.shtml
Last edited by JOSE D. on Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hummer X Club Arizona Chapter
Photo of the week
JOSE D.
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 07 H3 100%bling free

Postby Rod » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:01 am

It's a plan and my family is stoked! I'll let the Vegas crew know.

For those that haven't been to Sedona, be prepared for some of the most amazing scenery you'll ever see. Sedona is, IMHO, second only to the Grand Canyon when it comes to eye candy.

My wife is researching hotels and should have something to report in the next few days.

Vegas folks ... we'll have a nice drive home Sunday. There are some trails we can take part of the way, maybe stop in Jerome for lunch, it'll be great. 8)
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '99 HMC4 | '05 SUT

Postby beavis » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:04 am

What is the trail rating for this event?
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Spyder Kar

Postby Toots » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:05 am

We may need to join you on this one. Just need to see how busy we are closer to the trip. Breeding season is coming up soon and work has started up again so we'll have to see. I've never been to Sedona.
Toots
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: FJ TRD SE

Postby beavis » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:17 am

i too would LOVE to be there for the 1st inugural Arizona run :yup:
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Spyder Kar

Postby Rod » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:26 am

beavis wrote:What is the trail rating for this event?

Jose will have final say on what trails we run so take this FWIW ...

trails.com wrote:Broken Arrow Trail

Preview: This extremely popular short trail encompasses the best of Sedona— panoramic views, red rock formations, and a challenging 4WD trail. You won’t find solitude along this trail. It is heavily used by individuals and by Pink Jeep Tours, one of Sedona’s popular Jeep tour companies. Pink Jeep Tours helps to maintain the trail in conjunction with the Coconino National Forest. Although this trail is very short, it is extremely rugged; the main challenge comes from the extensive slickrock. The trail is best suited to small or mid-sized SUVs with high clearance. Vehicles with long overhangs will probably connect with the slickrock ledges—and vehicle underbodies bend before slickrock does. Special Attractions: Challenging and scenic sand and slickrock trail; Submarine Rock and other prominent rock formations; Exceptional views from Chicken Point and all along the trail; Devils Dining Room—a natural sinkhole. Skilled, experienced four-wheel drivers only. This trail includes very challenging sections with extremely steep grades, loose surfaces, large rocks, deep ruts, and/or tight clearances. Mud or sand may necessitate winching.
Attachments
stairs.jpg
stairs.jpg (70.14 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Toots » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:29 am

I like it!! :yup:
Toots
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: FJ TRD SE

Postby Rod » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:40 am

It gets better! Looks like there must be some optional obstacles on the Broken Arrow trail. Found this report on the web.

Broken Arrow is a fun trail with great scenery. A stock Jeep can make this run and there are areas for those with built rigs to test and flex their suspension, such as the Crack. Pay attention to the signs, as part of this trail is a one-way loop.

The Devil's Staircase is fun, and some members have been known to run it bottom-to-top. If you do, please post a look-out at the top to prevent someone from coming down while you are trying to go up.

It usually takes a couple of hours to make the loop, which allows ample time for pictures and a stop at Chicken Point for lunch (you did bring lunch, didn't you?)

Enjoy and remember to TREAD Lightly!
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:20 am

Sounds like a great inaugural run. Can't wait to see the pics and hear the trail reports.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Ipe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:10 am

That looks like it will be an amazing run. Like Newbie said, I can't wait for the pics/report! :yup: 8) :D
Last edited by Ipe on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hummer X Club Northeast Chapter
northeast@hummerxclub.com

Rob Sutter aka: Ipe - Say Ip-ee ........2008 Member Tread Lightly
Ipe
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:38 am

Ipe wrote:That looks like tit will be an amazing run.

:duh: ;)
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Ipe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:45 am

HummerNewbie wrote:
Ipe wrote:That looks like it will be an amazing run.

FIXED :lol:
Hummer X Club Northeast Chapter
northeast@hummerxclub.com

Rob Sutter aka: Ipe - Say Ip-ee ........2008 Member Tread Lightly
Ipe
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby JOSE D. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:00 am

Ipe wrote:
HummerNewbie wrote:
Ipe wrote:That looks like it will be an amazing run.

FIXED :lol:

LOL

Another trail that Rod metioned was Cliffhanger aka Oak Creek Homstead
its a short trail, 8miles difficulty level: Moderate Mostly easy except for a couple of rocky streches. One short section of the ledge road is crossed in both directions and requires careful tire placment coming back up. Route-finding can be confusing at times.
Photo of the week
JOSE D.
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bondage » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:09 am

HummerNewbie wrote:Sounds like a great inaugural run.

It really does! The timing may be tricky, but we'll certainly do everything we can to try to get there to support our AZ allies! :lol: 8) :yup:

This club's growth and commitment to WHEELING is amazing. The Forum is a madhouse combo of silliness and great tech info - but no one can argue the fact that we WHEEL! This has gotta be the most active club - on a nationwide level - there is in the wheeling community! 8) :yup:

Congrats, Mr. President, on your inaugural planning! 8) With the Supreme Allied Commander-in-Chief at your side, it's sure to be a fine event! 8) :yup:
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston
Vehicle: BLACK H2

Postby JOSE D. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:15 am

I agree with you Bondage.
Hope you can make it to Sedona.
Photo of the week
JOSE D.
Club Member
Club Member

Next

Return to Club Events