HXC Graphics usage policy

General Discussion

HXC Graphics usage policy

Postby Ipe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:37 pm

To protect the image of the Club for all members and future members, HXC is instituting a new graphics usage policy.

This policy requires that approval for use of the HXC name, graphics, logo, etc. be obtained for any non-official graphic production. Vendors selling HXC branded merchandise may sell only to HXC members and HXC forum users, and in no way will HXC branded merchandise be sold to the general public unless specific approval has been granted.

Approval can be obtained by submitting designs to Rob Sutter (Ipe).
Hummer X Club Northeast Chapter
northeast@hummerxclub.com

Rob Sutter aka: Ipe - Say Ip-ee ........2008 Member Tread Lightly
Ipe
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Bellvis » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:51 pm

:yup: :D
Miss you Rich! Thank's for all the memories!
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: The Boobicon

Postby Rich » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:52 pm

Bellvis wrote:
Does this mean that I have to get my new HXC tattoo approved? :D

good question. :lol:
Blow off responsibilities, growing up, and all the boring things in life and do something cool.
Rich
Chapter President - NorCal

Vehicle: 04 HMCS Adv.

Postby Bellvis » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:11 pm

I used to want "Hummer" tattooed across the front of my chest. Then I discoved beer and kinda forgot about it. I dont think it would look good now. :lol:

I cant wait untill I get my official stickers. Im sure there are many others who want to use the sides of their Hummers to show support. Its amazing how many people inquire about the club now. HXC's future looks great.
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:32 pm

The attitude everyone has about wanting to promote the club is incredible and very much appreciated. I hope that everyone understands that this is in no way an attempt to stifle the enthusiasm, just a way to keep consistency. If you have any ideas, we definitely what to see/hear them :yup: 8)
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Rich » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:38 pm

So if we want to start working on something bigger (readable from a distance) how do we begin that process?

Maybe form a small committee to come up with design?

I know most poeple don't want something bigger, but I also know others do. IMO they could be something sold to members rather than freebies.
Blow off responsibilities, growing up, and all the boring things in life and do something cool.
Rich

Vehicle: 04 HMCS Adv.

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:53 pm

We have been working on a lot of designs over the past several months. I think everyone wants something more visible too. If you have ideas, send Rob (Ipe) a PM or email with either a sample of your idea or description.

I personally am not a fan of stickers on my vehicles so I don't want anything much larger that is permanent but definitely more visible. One thing that I have research (but getting few answers on) is the static cling decals. BTW, thanks for posting the info the vendor, I believe it was Bellvis. I would like to have something that will cover at least a good portion of the side rear windows that I can put on for events then take off and store for future use. Would have been perfect yesterday or in two weeks for happenings.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Alec W » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:02 pm

I like to write on people’s dusty truck windows. Normally I write something appropriate like “gay boy” or something similar, however, should I decide to write HummerXClub would I need approval?

If so, will we be provided with a 24*7 call in number (with weekend coverage)?

Thanks
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Unlimited Rubicon

Postby Bellvis » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Ooohhhhhh a fellow dust writer huh? I once drew an entire sunset with waves and palm trees on my friends car that was filthy. He kept it on there for weeks!
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Alec W » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:08 pm

Bellvis wrote:Ooohhhhhh a fellow dust writer huh? I once drew an entire sunset with waves and palm trees on my friends car that was filthy. He kept it on there for weeks!

Cool. I wrote “gay boy” and drew a picture of the male organ on Adam's truck once and he kept it on there for about an hour. He then peed on my bumper :/ :lol:
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Alec W » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:16 pm

To better illustrate my question I thought I’d better provide an example 8)
Attachments
untitled (Medium).JPG
untitled (Medium).JPG (67.63 KiB) Viewed 7673 times
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Ipe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:50 pm

Rich wrote:So if we want to start working on something bigger (readable from a distance) how do we begin that process?

Maybe form a small committee to come up with design?

I know most poeple don't want something bigger, but I also know others do. IMO they could be something sold to members rather than freebies.

Rich, no you don't need to form a committee. :lol:
I will be open and receptive to most anything provided it fits with the spirit and theme of the club. Can I define that? Sorry, unfortunately I can't. :duh: But I will know it when I see it. You got an idea? I wanna see it! :yup:

You've got a great idea there. The plan was to sell alternative stickers and graphics. These will ultimately help fund the club to provide who knows what in the future.

Alec W wrote:I like to write on people’s dusty truck windows. Normally I write something appropriate like “gay boy” or something similar, however, should I decide to write HummerXClub would I need approval?

If so, will we be provided with a 24*7 call in number (with weekend coverage)?

Thanks

Wow Alec! I see we're in rare form tonight! :o :P ;)

Ipe wrote:This policy requires that approval for use of the HXC name, graphics, logo, etc. be obtained for any non-official graphic production.

Alec, while dust writing can be graphic, and in some cases it can be a production, it does not constitute a graphic production. In the case of this policy you can constitute a graphic production to equal something in a print media, be it a web page, a sticker, printed text on paper or other tangible media, etc.

Dust writing is in my mind akin to sidewalk chalk art and more of a free form non-permanent art media. You will not need to contact me for one of your dust writings. However, should you derive a monetary gain from said dust writing you would be in violation of the Clubs graphics policy unless an agreement were reached beforehand where you payed an agreed percentage of that gain to the club. Please see the following quote:

Ipe wrote:Vendors selling HXC branded merchandise may sell only to HXC members and HXC forum users, and in no way will HXC branded merchandise be sold to the general public unless specific approval has been granted.

Finally, if any of you really feel you need a 24/7 contact line your dust writings or other transient art I'll provide you with my cell number, but PM's should suffice as I typically check the forum seven days a week. ;) :p

Now that all this has been said... I've just come from the dentist, my head is killing me and I'm not hanging out long tonight. Fun is great and all that, but this is serious. Please bear with me folks... Okay? :yup: Thanks! :D

Ipe
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Alec W » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:56 pm

Ipe wrote:Alec, while dust writing can be graphic, and in some cases it can be a production, it does not constitute a graphic production. In the case of this policy you can constitute a graphic production to equal something in a print media, be it a web page, a sticker, printed text on paper or other tangible media, etc.

I’ll be testing the new policy in a couple of weeks and will provide an example of how far I can take dust writing.

Now, what about a sticker made from a picture of dust writing?

Thanks.
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Ipe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:09 pm

Alec, the above was written in jest as I'm sure that you and everyone else here can understand. I am in pain and in no condition to spar tonight. Please be constructive and helpful, not destructive and inflammatory with your comments. :) :yup:

Good night everyone! :)

Ipe
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Alec W » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:13 pm

Ipe wrote:Please be constructive and helpful, not destructive and inflammatory with your comments. :) :yup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

:yup: :yup: :P
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Next

Return to General