New H3 Owner, looking for advice!

General Discussion

New H3 Owner, looking for advice!

Postby PEAK_PerformanceH3 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Hello gang!

I am a new H3 howner, 2006 H3 Lux Edition.

Basically just looking for advice to get this thing more offroad and trail ready. Extreme as well.

I did throw my 20 inch wheel with 35 inch tires on there when I got it because it had terrible rims when i bought it.
But what else do you guys suggest i do? Lift kit? etc. ANY ADVICE IS HELPFUL! - George
Attachments
h3.jpg
h3.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
PEAK_PerformanceH3
New User
New User

Vehicle: Hummer H3

Re: New H3 Owner, looking for advice!

Postby jphh20 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Most folks start with torsion bar crank to 23.5" gender lip to hub center, under carriage protection, rock sliders and upgraded shocks. It really depends on what you have plans to do with your rig.

I am running rancho lift, 1" day star body lift, PCM tune, Bilstein shocks, air doc intake, Arb snorkel, ucp, ext trans cooler, rocky road sliders and 35" tires. I do occasionally wheel it and perform all routine maintenance. I would start to see what type of maintenance has been done with your mileage. Diffs, trans, transfer case fluids should all be on your list of not already done

Joe
jphh20
New User
New User

Vehicle: Hummer H3

Re: New H3 Owner, looking for advice!

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:10 pm

Congratulations on the H3 and welcome to HXC. Good looking rig. I would second on most everything jphh20 said. Need to figure out what you want too do with it. I bought both my H3s specifically to wheel them so that has always been the focus but will you wheel it much and what kinds of trails would you do or will daily drivability and comfort be more important. If it were me the first to go would be the steps to be replace with rock rails, then I would beef up the skid plates/under carriage protection. Since you didn't mention it had it I would guess it's not a LUX with the adventure package and a rear locker? That would be a big upgrade but stock with 35s will get you places that most stock rigs can't get to. If you plan on wheeling a lot you might want to look into a winch mount or bumper as well. I have done a lot to mine with all mods geared toward improving it's off road capabilities or it's functionality as an overland vehicle. You can check out my build thread for ideas if you want to see what I have done to this H3.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15598
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Return to General