New To Hummer H2

Welcome & Introductions

New To Hummer H2

Postby sjhdad » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:47 pm

I have never owned a Hummer but have always wanted one. I am buying my first one tomorrow but I keep hearing what a mistake it is. Can someone help me with issues I have heard. I hear how the front wheels can fall off and how brake line are bad. I keep hearing that they have a lot of issues that are expensive to repair
sjhdad
New User
New User

Vehicle: H2

Re: New To Hummer H2

Postby clean slate » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:12 pm

Sorry buddy The H3 is my thing. I can tell you though that these vehicles are not unlike any other. Every thing, everything depends on how you or the previous owner cared for this H2. Welcome!
clean slate
Club Vice President
Club Vice President

Vehicle: 2007 h3

Postby sjhdad » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:28 pm

this H2 is like new inside and out, you can tell someone really took care of it. Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow
sjhdad
New User
New User

Vehicle: H2

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Not sure who is giving you this info but they don't know what they are talking about. Just with any vehicle there can be some repairs that are expensive but in general the H2 and H3 are pretty reliable vehicles. Have never heard of issue with the front tires falling off or the brake lines being an issue. You will love the H2, congratulations.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Signal25 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:57 pm

Im willing to bet the people telling you that have never owned a Hummer, seen a front tire fall off in person, or seen a brake line fail.
"A buddy of mine heard from a guy that he drinks with that read online..........................."
Signal25
New User
New User

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Sounds about normal for negative comments about Hummer, people that don't know what they are talking about, happened to a friends cousins boyfriends best friend's uncle.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

New To Hummer H2

Postby big2dabank » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:52 pm

Trust me, I have a well used H2 with 187,000 miles and it has been awesome. I keep up with all my maintenance and the truck is still running strong. I'll be keeping it for a lot longer and am actually starting to put together a parts list for when my engine starts to go. But, I expect to get around 225,000 or 250,000 miles first and then I'll rebuild a new motor from the block up with some power adder mods along the way. Just remember, they don't make these H2s any more, so they will be harder and harder to come by and the ones you can find will most likely be the lemons that no one wants.

Sure there are lemons out there, because the fact is, some people don't take care of mechanical issues and maintenance and then are quick to blame the vehicle for their abuse and lack of care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIG2DABANK
05 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

big2dabank
Chapter Vice President - Florida
Chapter Vice President - Florida

Vehicle: 05 H2 SUT

Postby Swampwood » Fri May 01, 2015 1:07 pm

Mines got over a 150K and still a smooth, fast, strong beast.. Wheels are still on too :)
Swampwood
New User
New User

Vehicle: 2006 H2

Return to Welcome