Go Pro camera and accessories

Everything to do with the great outdoors

Re: Go Pro camera and accessories

Postby big2dabank » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Hunner, now you just need to rig up some projectiles to fire out of that thing, maybe a .380 with a laser and a light trigger pull. :lol:
BIG2DABANK
05 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

big2dabank
Chapter Vice President - Florida
Chapter Vice President - Florida

Vehicle: 05 H2 SUT

Postby Hunner » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 pm

Thanks Mark, I did video productions my last 15 or 18 years at work and sort of had some practice with remote controlled cameras and somehow managed to pull that off with this thing. It was not as good as it could be but a great way to learn. Creative editing and some dissolves may spruce it up.
I think of course the longer you make the mount the more movement. Those GoPro plastic mounts have some wiggle from the jarring movement of the H3.

big2bank
I did spec out a green laser today!

I also made the mistake of going to the hobby shop to get one more battery, aannnnnd not only did they not have any but I got side tracked so to speak and ran across the first in person 1/12 model truck I have seen. I always thought those 1/10 were too big. Unfortunately there does not seem to be an H3 shell for it. I was wanting to paint it white and black to be my ground scout.
It's 4wheel drive of course and water proof cause I know I'm gonna get it wet. In fact ran it in the rain today. I hope to get some offroad video tomorrow.

So since this is the GoPro thread I had to mount it on the truck. I guess I did not get the part about these things doing stunts. I was going at a good clip and decided to max the accelerator and the damn thing did a flip, with the camera mounted. Fortunately I had it in the case. It got some asphalt skid marks but survived.
Seems it goes 45mph with a 2 cell 7v battery and 65 with a 3 cell 11.1. I think I will pass on that one.
This one seemed to me the best built. It's solid and has some weight to it.
I did pop a tie rod end loose but it just pushed back on. Hmmm like an H3?

So I guess a bunch of you already have one of these types of trucks?
Here are some stills and a short video. I still have to find some better way than youtube compression. It ruins the quality.
Maybe Quicktime streaming, I'm looking.
http://youtu.be/wEBuno5GlWwer.
Last edited by Hunner on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
08H3ALPHA,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola roof rack,2GoLight spots,Hunner steering rackmounts,Cranium diff guard,Bulletproof custom tierods,front longer adjust swaybar links,Hunter intake,Jamboree rack,Bilsteins fronts&rear,extended jounce,snorkle,Sy-Klone pre filter,Hutchinson beadlocks. GOT HUNNER EXtreme skids?
Hunner's Alpha
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7790
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: Like Nothing Else

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:23 am

Damn that thing will move :o :lol:
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:11 pm

Looks like GoPro just announced new versions, Hero 3+ black and silver or did I just miss this announcement?
Mark

Postby Hunner » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:52 pm

It'a WAAAAY fast. I got a wheelie strut for the rear but at full throttle it will still do a standing start flip. Torque y I would say.
It's an in between size but after they searched found a 1/10, but for a smaller scale replica, H2 SUT, I guess I can live with that. Tough cutting that lexan. I got to see how good I am at detail painting.

I got an email today Hero 3+ Black. Has a few upgrades that are nice. Faster wi-fi, that would have been nice for me. I waited 3 years! I knew something was coming just was not sure what. Still a deal at $329 for this 3 I have.
It seems the smaller size is a reduced size case and they upped the battery capacity. Both of which I'm thinking will work on my 3.
I already have someone thinking about mine if I upgrade, or just have two, like sum people............
08H3ALPHA,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola roof rack,2GoLight spots,Hunner steering rackmounts,Cranium diff guard,Bulletproof custom tierods,front longer adjust swaybar links,Hunter intake,Jamboree rack,Bilsteins fronts&rear,extended jounce,snorkle,Sy-Klone pre filter,Hutchinson beadlocks. GOT HUNNER EXtreme skids?
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Hunner » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm

The only way to solve this rumor and propaganda and, slightly lacking detail description and guessing game, is to jump in!
What was that famous saying by the speaker "we have to pass it to know what's in it"

A simple list from GoPro would have cleared up the some of the differences.

The cameras are the same size.
The case is smaller.
The locking clasp on the new one is only a one step click.
The H3+ will fit right in the H3 case.

The battery is higher capacity but the same physical size.

My LCD back and battery bacpac both fit.

However, to use these would require using a Hero3Black case with a bigger back that came with both of those for that model.
Cannot find out at this time if they are going to offer those in the size of the new H3+ case. I would hope so.

Details about the other technical specs are on their website.
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition

One question I still have is that on the H3B the front lens cover plate on the case is removable so it can be replaced. On the H3+B it appears to be glued on. I guess you could just buy a new case if it got hit.

Actual tests and review of images and video will come. It's charging and I need to check for updates of the software before using it.

Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 pm

I like the smaller cases but glad to hear they will both work with either. I have a 2 and a 3 Black, don't think I need another but who knows.
Mark

Postby Hunner » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:01 pm

I shot some with the H3+ mounted on my brush guard with my new mount.

AWESOME!

This is a BIG improvement in image quality! I shot 1080p at 30 frames. Deep blues in the sky, white clouds and green foliage just pop.
I use a 24 monitor HDMI 108op full HD and I just played it back on a 47 inch flat screen. Looked as good as my cable picture, maybe sharper. I can see individual bricks in a house from the street and count the rocks in my scrubbed driveway.
I have not uploaded to see what youtube compression will destroy but I will work on it.
Already sold the H3black to a flying friend.

set resolution to 1080 HD
http://youtu.be/GEjzqkSEfng

color is still great but it took the edge off the sharpness even with this as good as it was.
Oh well I will work on Quicktime streaming and see what happens.
I also will try Flicker
Maybe I should set up a server of my own?
For me to watch and share here or at a friends house though it is really good.
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Hunner » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm having an adapter made by the guys that made my brush guard mount. It will work with any 1/4 20 mount device.
I also have contacted a company that just came out with a hard aluminum case for the GPH3 or + with or without the old case. It will surround the case and has lots of 1/4 20 holes tapped. It has a metal GoPro slide in mount like the plastic one on the case. It will be accepted by racing tech to help insure it does not fly off.

On a side note.
Got me an SUT! ha ha only Hummer body I could find. I think I have lost my touch on detail painting. The method is to paint it inside the body in layers. Of course I guess all you younger hobbyist have this down. Since the way I have been driving it is a little hard on the body I guess it does not matter. lol
Got me a rear wheelie preventer, it sort of works. Now gotta mount the GoPro
Last edited by Hunner on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:09 am

I like the SUT body. Post of pics of the aluminum case when you get some. Gator just lost Hero 3 last weekend shooting video on the trail, got crushed by a big old M/T :o :lol:
Mark

Postby Hunner » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 am

Hope he had the replacement warranty???

http://store.redrockmicro.com/Catalog/C ... oPro-Hero3
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Nice, I really like that.

Unfortunately I don't think he did. Told him it was excuse to get the 3+ :D
Mark

Postby Hunner » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:00 pm

It's always fun to see how many websites you can get your H3 on!!
http://www.expressmounts.com/gallery/20 ... ram-mounts
Last edited by Hunner on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:12 pm

I love it :lol: :lol: 8)
Mark

Postby Hunner » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:41 pm

lol and I already got my t-shirt today!
I need to add up what all I bought in the last few years or see if it is in my account info. I did not list all the components I have.
They asked if I had more shots, duh how much room ya got?
I used to make all my mounts.

I really can recommend getting the Ram mounts from these guys. It usually ships the same day and I have it in three.
Great for those last minute things I think of and decide to get right before a trip.
This commercial has been approved by Hunner 8)

Speaking of, that dual mount suction plate is just right for the fenders or side rear windows of the H3 to get shots of vehicles behind you.
I wanted a little more security than one. I think I may run a long wire leader tether up to the roof rack rail.

I really want to document my next trip in pictures and video combined using all my cameras and quad copter or H3 aerial scout!
I just cannot decide where to go next..............
Too many trails not enough time.
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoor Pursuits