OK, LETS GET REAL!!!! CALLING ALLL HUMMMMERS

Everything to do with the great outdoors

OK, LETS GET REAL!!!! CALLING ALLL HUMMMMERS

Postby USVibrant » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:41 pm

in and around the Denver area, I know you are out there, because I can see you! :up: So, lets round up and move us out! :up:

I am just woman who wants to have fun with here HUMMER! :lol: You just got love it!

I desire to meet new people, who share one of the interest I do, which is going where no man or woman has been before. Well.....on second thought my H3 is sexy, he has the stepping rails and I hardly want to tear them up, so no big boulders, please! Or a very tight trail where the tree branches are scrapping up against his body. I LOVE HIM! SERVE & PROTECT!!! (Now you know I am really twisted, but it all good)

The Great Sand Dunes would be awesome or better yet the flat tops up above Glenwood Springs, or better yet, Heart & deep lake.....the list goes on..........I am desperate OK! :wall: WHERE ARE YOU?
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Re: OK, LETS GET REAL!!!! CALLING ALLL HUMMMMERS

Postby Seth » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:18 pm

I admire your drive to get out and use your H3. Colorado has a lot of beautiful back country to explore. We don't have too many Coloradians(?) around here, but hopefully a few will pop their heads in and you guys can set up a trail run. I wish you luck. :)
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby USVibrant » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Seth wrote:I admire your drive to get out and use your H3. Colorado has a lot of beautiful back country to explore. We don't have too many Coloradians(?) around here, but hopefully a few will pop their heads in and you guys can set up a trail run. I wish you luck. :)

Thank you Seth, I appreciate the 'wish you luck.'

I would go by myself, but I know the danger in travelling the trail alone, I just hope my objective can be met........I so desire to get my feet wet with my hummer. I never thought I could love a material object, but I do.....because I know he can take me to greater heights. :up: Truly a dream come true! Man Vs. Hummer, surely the Hummer will win!

I apologize I am on a roll tonight, you guys probably know by now though, I am a little different, just call me Abby. :o

By the way, you are so right Colorado does have a lot of beautiful back country to explore, I know, I have seen so many breath taking places in Rocky Mountain Majesty, when at one time, I, 4-wheeled avidly, even taking my youngest daughter at the tender age of two weeks old. Boy! Was I the talk from other people in the group. No one could believe a two week old was 4-wheeling and thought I to be not a good mother. It is a good thing I do not care what people think! :yup: She loves to 4-wheel even at her older age and she is not one of the women in the camp site, bitching and complaining camping is for the birds, so I am not really a bad mother after all. :up:
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby The Other Rob » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 am

There are a TON of great trails in CO you should be able to explore on your own.. Some not much more than difficult dirt roads.. Of course right now the one's I've got in mind are going to be snowed in for several more months..

Hands down the best book you can buy on trails in your state..
http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?main_ ... ucts_id=15

Shrine Pass that runs from Exit 190 on I-70 west to Red Cliff is prolly one of the easiest trails in the state. There are several side trails off of Shrine, but unless you're willing to loose the side steps I'd stay off them. The fist time I went to Colorado, I had enough sense to install rocker protection under the doors. I was digging the sliders into the rocks on what I felt at the time were moderate trails. Side steps would have been destroyed within 30 mintues of being on the trails.

Branches on the trails.. Those are generally going to be a given.. Much like a broken nail, you're gonna have to get over it and move on. You wheel any at all and you're going to get some brush rake. I had my first light brush scratches within a few days of owning the truck. At this point there's not a place you can lay your hand on the truck without being on several scratches.. Back door included.. Down the sides you can't put your finger on a spot without being on scratches.. Every one of those scratches is a great memory though.. I can look down the side of the truck pick a bad scratch and think "yeah I did that on Wheeler Lake near Breckenridge, this dent was from Lockhart Canyon in Moab, these came from Holy Cross City in CO".. Lots of memories of good times with good friends and family than you could ever see in a showroom fresh paint job.. Those scratches and memories are much better than being able to see my reflection in any paint job..

The only trail I can think of off the top of my head that would take you well above the tree line that you might not have a problem with the side steps is Argentine Pass up above Georgetown. I don't recall Argentine being a difficult trail at all, but it's listed as moderate by Wells. That was one of our last trails of the week before heading back to the flatlands and by then I had put the rock rails through quite a bit of use.

If you can't find local folks here to help get your CO fix, check the CO4x4 boards. They are quite active and there are folks posting up there getting folks together to going out wheeling quite often. Step in there very lightly though. I won't say they are Hummer Haters there, but they are primarily Jeep folks and Hummer owners typically have a reputation to live down in the offroading world and it's no exception there.

But yeah.. Loose the side steps and don't fret about the paint..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:12 am

Good luck on the search for fellow wheelers in CO, there aren't a lot with Hummers but they are out there. Very well said Rob :yup:
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby USVibrant » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:08 pm

The Other Rob wrote:There are a TON of great trails in CO you should be able to explore on your own.. Some not much more than difficult dirt roads.. Of course right now the one's I've got in mind are going to be snowed in for several more months..

Hands down the best book you can buy on trails in your state..
http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?main_ ... ucts_id=15

Shrine Pass that runs from Exit 190 on I-70 west to Red Cliff is prolly one of the easiest trails in the state. There are several side trails off of Shrine, but unless you're willing to loose the side steps I'd stay off them. The fist time I went to Colorado, I had enough sense to install rocker protection under the doors. I was digging the sliders into the rocks on what I felt at the time were moderate trails. Side steps would have been destroyed within 30 mintues of being on the trails.

Branches on the trails.. Those are generally going to be a given.. Much like a broken nail, you're gonna have to get over it and move on. You wheel any at all and you're going to get some brush rake. I had my first light brush scratches within a few days of owning the truck. At this point there's not a place you can lay your hand on the truck without being on several scratches.. Back door included.. Down the sides you can't put your finger on a spot without being on scratches.. Every one of those scratches is a great memory though.. I can look down the side of the truck pick a bad scratch and think "yeah I did that on Wheeler Lake near Breckenridge, this dent was from Lockhart Canyon in Moab, these came from Holy Cross City in CO".. Lots of memories of good times with good friends and family than you could ever see in a showroom fresh paint job.. Those scratches and memories are much better than being able to see my reflection in any paint job..

The only trail I can think of off the top of my head that would take you well above the tree line that you might not have a problem with the side steps is Argentine Pass up above Georgetown. I don't recall Argentine being a difficult trail at all, but it's listed as moderate by Wells. That was one of our last trails of the week before heading back to the flatlands and by then I had put the rock rails through quite a bit of use.

If you can't find local folks here to help get your CO fix, check the CO4x4 boards. They are quite active and there are folks posting up there getting folks together to going out wheeling quite often. Step in there very lightly though. I won't say they are Hummer Haters there, but they are primarily Jeep folks and Hummer owners typically have a reputation to live down in the offroading world and it's no exception there.

But yeah.. Loose the side steps and don't fret about the paint..

OK, OK Rob, I need to get over the idea of keeping my sexy hummer free of scratches.....Heck, he might even like it! :yup: As far the side steps, I know I lose quite a few inches or more, making the clearance a little shorter on both sides. I will have to reconsider having them taken off, rather than destroying them.

I am familiar with some of the places you mention and even the book. Gosh, I am so fired up inside (thank you for adding more to it). Bust or die, I will be getting my desire; however, I am not really desiring to 4-wheel by myself, I know from experience an array of things can happen and not only that a single woman 4-wheeling by herself in a Hummer at that (men and even women, think I am rich), could, possibly bring on a nightmare. You never know and while I am into risk and adventure, this one I cannot do, and not because I have not thought about it, I have. I just desire to be safe, therefore, I need men/women, (mostly men, because you guys do not cry), around me when 4-wheeling in the high country.

Thank you, for your suggestion with the CO4x4 boards and your sound advise of stepping in lightly. Really, how could you hate a hummer? In my mind, a hummer stands for freedom in a round-about-way.

I so like this statement you made, "Hummer owners typically have a reputation to live down in the offroading world and it's no exception there." Sweet! I will have a reputation of 'living down' and I cannot wait to hear what I am going to be nicknamed by those who, I no doubt, will form friendships with.

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Mark wrote:Good luck on the search for fellow wheelers in CO, there aren't a lot with Hummers but they are out there. Very well said Rob :yup:

Thank you Mark.

There are indeed, Hummers out there, I have seen them. I wish I had a mating call for my Hummer, maybe that would bring them in. Just kidding, trying to be funny, I hope you found humor in it.

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby The Other Rob » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:03 pm

USVibrant wrote:OK, OK Rob, I need to get over the idea of keeping my sexy hummer free of scratches.....Heck, he might even like it! :yup: As far the side steps, I know I lose quite a few inches or more, making the clearance a little shorter on both sides. I will have to reconsider having them taken off, rather than destroying them.

You'll have a LOT more fun taking them off and being able to get over a spot rather than having them hung up on a rock and crammed back into your tires..

I am familiar with some of the places you mention and even the book. Gosh, I am so fired up inside (thank you for adding more to it). Bust or die, I will be getting my desire; however, I am not really desiring to 4-wheel by myself, I know from experience an array of things can happen and not only that a single woman 4-wheeling by herself in a Hummer at that (men and even women, think I am rich), could, possibly bring on a nightmare. You never know and while I am into risk and adventure, this one I cannot do, and not because I have not thought about it, I have. I just desire to be safe, therefore, I need men/women, (mostly men, because you guys do not cry), around me when 4-wheeling in the high country.

Thank you, for your suggestion with the CO4x4 boards and your sound advise of stepping in lightly. Really, how could you hate a hummer? In my mind, a hummer stands for freedom in a round-about-way.

I so like this statement you made, "Hummer owners typically have a reputation to live down in the offroading world and it's no exception there." Sweet! I will have a reputation of 'living down' and I cannot wait to hear what I am going to be nicknamed by those who, I no doubt, will form friendships with.

It's a good long ways off, but I working on some plans for this coming summer with a group of local folks (local being Memphis) for a trip to Moab and Ouray, CO for the end of June.. You'd be more than welcome to come along with us. There will be several women driving their own rigs in our group.. From 18 to 50 something.. If you're interested I'll send you a link to keep up with everything as it starts coming together.

That offer stands for any one else wanting to come along as well..
--
Rob
The Other Rob

Postby USVibrant » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:34 am

The Other Rob wrote:
USVibrant wrote:OK, OK Rob, I need to get over the idea of keeping my sexy hummer free of scratches.....Heck, he might even like it! :yup: As far the side steps, I know I lose quite a few inches or more, making the clearance a little shorter on both sides. I will have to reconsider having them taken off, rather than destroying them.

You'll have a LOT more fun taking them off and being able to get over a spot rather than having them hung up on a rock and crammed back into your tires..

It's a good long ways off, but I working on some plans for this coming summer with a group of local folks (local being Memphis) for a trip to Moab and Ouray, CO for the end of June.. You'd be more than welcome to come along with us. There will be several women driving their own rigs in our group.. From 18 to 50 something.. If you're interested I'll send you a link to keep up with everything as it starts coming together.

Yea, that would not be a pretty picture, having the side steps crammed back into my tires! YIKES! Ruining the thrill at best!

Sweet! Thank you, for the invite. Please do send me the link, I am very interested in going to Ouray; beautiful area, The San Juan Mountains. :up:

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby djinco » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:01 pm

I know it's an old thread. I just saw it as I am not always on here.

My wife and I have an 06 H3. Really not into breaking things but we really enjoy getting out.

Just saying Hi!

On top of Mosquito Pass.

Looking down on Leadville.

My wife and one of our dogs on Mosquito Pass

The first time my H3 went off road; we purchased the H3 last June. It has 123K miles and had NEVER been off-road.
Less than 12 hours after we bought it, we were on 3 wheels!
Cheers, Doug
Colorado Springs

I am sorry that everyone cannot have a Hummer, some folks must drive a Jeep or a Toyota.
djinco
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: H3

Postby USVibrant » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi djinco,

Sweet, you are in Colorado! :up:

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby f5fstop » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:21 am

The Other Rob wrote:

Have you firmed up plans yet? I'm planning on being in Ouray the last week of June. Staying for a few days. Going to do Engineer and Cinnamon passes, trip down to Silverton, and who knows what else. (NO plans on Blackbear, did that two years ago.)

Then onto Colorado Springs for a few days.
GONE FROM THE HUMMER WORLD!
f5fstop
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 2016 Sierra Z714x4 CC SLT

Postby The Other Rob » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Right now it's a bust.. At least for me.. When we started planning this gas prices were $1 lower than they are right now... When they broke $3 a gallon locally that was it for me.. If they somehow get back down to a more reasonable range, it may get moved back to the front burner..
--
Rob
The Other Rob

Postby f5fstop » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Oh well; guess I'll just go alone or possibly meet up with a Jeeper friend I have in NM who said he might be interested.
GONE FROM THE HUMMER WORLD!
f5fstop
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 2016 Sierra Z714x4 CC SLT

Postby USVibrant » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:36 am

f5fstop wrote:Oh well; guess I'll just go alone or possibly meet up with a Jeeper friend I have in NM who said he might be interested.

Hi f5fstop,

You had mentioned you are going to be in Colorado Springs in June, are you planning a wheeling trip in this area? If so, would you mind if I joined in the fun?

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Next

Return to Outdoor Pursuits