Hunner's Alpha H3

How you built it

Hunner's Alpha H3

Postby Hunner » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:19 pm

I replaced everything with one of these badges and transfered all most all my other "stuff" so it looks just like the other one on the outside. It really tows things better with that badge on there :lol:
Attachments
DAH_0920_resize.JPG
DAH_0920_resize.JPG (84.3 KiB) Viewed 9321 times
08H3ALPHA,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola roof rack,2GoLight spots,Hunner steering rackmounts,Cranium diff guard,Bulletproof custom tierods,front longer adjust swaybar links,Hunter intake,Jamboree rack,Bilsteins fronts&rear,extended jounce,snorkle,Sy-Klone pre filter,Hutchinson beadlocks. GOT HUNNER EXtreme skids?
Hunner's Alpha
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7790
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: Like Nothing Else

Re: Hunner's Alpha H3

Postby Gunner_45 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:31 am

You dog............Congratulations.

:lol:
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.
- Plato
Gunner_45
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 2010 H3 Adventure

Postby Hunner » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:26 am

I had to keep up with the "Pack" They made me a deal I could not refuse 8)
08H3ALPHA,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola roof rack,2GoLight spots,Hunner steering rackmounts,Cranium diff guard,Bulletproof custom tierods,front longer adjust swaybar links,Hunter intake,Jamboree rack,Bilsteins fronts&rear,extended jounce,snorkle,Sy-Klone pre filter,Hutchinson beadlocks. GOT HUNNER EXtreme skids?
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Gunner_45 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:47 am

Sweet............

You gonna have a coming out party for your little debutante?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.
- Plato
Gunner_45
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 2010 H3 Adventure

Postby Hunner » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:17 pm

If I do it will be in Moab!
There is a clandestine nefarious group of avid enthusiasts, (that's all the big words I know) planning a photo recon mission in that area and if I can get everything together and the stars line up I think Im ready for that 1400 mile journey. Just as soon as my gout subsides. It's punishment for having too much fun I guess.
This thing has no problem towing my 3500 pound enclosed work trailer in the mountains here in Arkansas. I ran up to one of our northern lakes for a quick boat job (to get gas money) and showed up in this instead of my 3/4 ton Dodge Cummins. I think maybe it scared the guy thinkin I must be going to gouge him driving that. Im finally one of the guilty with the appointments this thing has on it. Does that mean I have gone over to the "SHINY SIDE"? The Championship Editions rolled over to 09 delivery because of the axle strike and would not have had the discounts. Oh well, the important things are going to be textured black. Im refinishing all my old stuff that has had experience and was shiny black. A little red dirt and it will all have that look of well worn again.
This was the dealer I quit going to because of service but I like the sales people. I got a great deal as a loyal H3 owner and they asked me to guide the HumHap again this year. I had already turned the park down when they asked. Then found out the dealer got rid of the worst problem at the service department. I told them I wanted to wait before I trail tested it at Superlift. My sales guy is in charge of the Happening and said, I was thinking you could just drive your trade in :lol: :lol: how cool is that??
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Seth » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Sweet!!! Glad you got yourself in Alpha. I could tell by the way you were talking that it would probably happen. Glad it worked out for you. I can't believe your not taking it to Superlift. I'd want to get that thing dirty as soon as possible. :lol:

Send us some pics. You gonna steal some front leaf hanger brackets from another set of skids?
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Hunner » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Funny thing is I got white so it is going to look just like the other one. :lol: However it is a sleeper under the hood whoo hoo got a cramp in my right foot.
I left the rear ones and the front ones of course because they were welded. I still have five sets so I will just stick on some new ones BEFORE I crunch something! This one seems to have the upgraded cold air intake. Which was supposed to rate it at 315 hp but I cannot find the added torque with that. I know who to ask though!
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby PhilD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:58 pm

Nice ride Hunner 8) I think you change your user name to Alpha Dog now :yup:
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rich » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:48 pm

Seth wrote: I could tell by the way you were talking that it would probably happen.

X2! Congrats! 8)
Blow off responsibilities, growing up, and all the boring things in life and do something cool.
Rich
Chapter President - NorCal
Chapter President - NorCal

Vehicle: 04 HMCS Adv.

Postby Hunner » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Woof Woof thanks Phil and Seth and Rich, and Gunner Im a happy dog!
It's a towing machine. The engine is only 100 lbs more and the cast iron diff is 58lbs more. So the heavier torsions are over compensated in a sense. Even with the winch and brush guard Im higher without cranking the torsions. They claim to have "tuned" the shocks or used different ones. It rides better overall than the other one. It seems to take humped railroad tracks at 60 flatter :lol:
Other than the silver Prius Pusher it looks the same. Watch your eyes, the sun hit the bling!
Attachments
DAH_0954sh_resize.jpg
DAH_0954sh_resize.jpg (219.97 KiB) Viewed 9169 times
DAH_0955sh_resize.jpg
DAH_0955sh_resize.jpg (252.46 KiB) Viewed 9167 times
Last edited by Hunner on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby trailerpup » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:43 pm

SWEET!!!!
trailerpup
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '10 Alpha H3

Postby Hunner » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:26 pm

Well I couldn't get the Championship Edition so I made this one a Hunner Edition. (In progress)
Attachments
DAH_0970_resize.JPG
DAH_0970_resize.JPG (80.6 KiB) Viewed 9044 times
DAH_0971_resize.JPG
DAH_0971_resize.JPG (147.94 KiB) Viewed 9040 times
Last edited by Hunner on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Seth » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:32 pm

You crack me up Hunner. :lol:

How did you black out your H3 emblem?
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Hunner » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:35 pm

The Hunner Editon includes the Hunner skids, of course. I set the beast down on this one for a strength test.
So if anybody wants to know the skids fit an 08 Alpha.
Attachments
DAH_0966_resize.JPG
DAH_0966_resize.JPG (120.05 KiB) Viewed 9030 times
DAH_0967sh_resize.jpg
DAH_0967sh_resize.jpg (174.74 KiB) Viewed 9024 times
DAH_0969_resize.JPG
DAH_0969_resize.JPG (153.45 KiB) Viewed 9023 times
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Hunner » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Seth wrote:You crack me up Hunner. :lol:

How did you black out your H3 emblem?

It comes that way on the Hunner Edition :lol:
Hunner's Alpha
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Next

Return to Builds