PreRun

Competition, racing, and hardcore tech

PreRun

Postby H1Slantback » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:58 pm

We gotta do a Prerun in the Nevada desert. When do you want to meet up James?
Anyone else want to come and check it out is welcome. Its a big desert.
We need 2 more trucks still we have navigators. Its mostley dirt roads and alot of fun.
H1Slantback
Chapter VP - NorCal
Chapter VP - NorCal

Vehicle: H1 Hummer

Re: PreRun

Postby stjames151 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:14 am

Still not done with the double diff rebuild. Should be finished by friday next. The new PCM will be in the following monday. Other planned goodies will be unnecessary but fun, so anytime after 4th of july will be doable. I have headsets and seatbelts for 2 passengers and a dozen friends that would love to test with us, but HXC gets first shot. For those of you that were at Pismo, the suspension has been HEAVILY worked over, so no one will be pissing blood this time. Come play, support, hang on, and run with us! I know all y'all can bring something to the table...and I know I need all the help I can get, but H1 was a mechanic so he can do his own wrenching and I'm TOTALLY LOST!!! :P :P :P :P :P Details will be posted as soon as we work out the test dates and all are welcome! Come show your support for the new, untested, unofficial, and STILL UNBEATEN HxC race team!!! :lol:
I finally know my calling in life! I'm an a asshole!
I feel sorry for all the soldiers and intelligence officers who over the last century have worked hard to defeat communism, only to have it elected by "choice".
stjames151
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: El Peo Chiquito

Postby ronb » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:34 pm

stjames where are you located? I forgot about the Nev Trophy -- Sept right? I need to learn some nav skills! Do the trucks in a team stay together or split up to hit as many points as possible? Sounds like fun but I'm sure work will get in the way as usual.

Ron B
97.5 hmco with lots of goodies
ronb
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 97.5 hummer

Postby Bellvis » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Depending on dates, I am in.
Miss you Rich! Thank's for all the memories!
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: The Boobicon

Postby H1Slantback » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:11 pm

ronb wrote:stjames where are you located? I forgot about the Nev Trophy -- Sept right? I need to learn some nav skills! Do the trucks in a team stay together or split up to hit as many points as possible? Sounds like fun but I'm sure work will get in the way as usual.

Ron B

Ron B
We have 2 very experianced navigators ready to go. Both are S.A.R. guys. We need 2 drivers and there trucks. Most, if not all, of the course is dirt roads.
We will run in teams of 2 trucks per the rules for safety reasons. Each team is responsible for getting to the way points on there own. We can statigize before running the course. We can also meet up along the course as well. A little lunch and lots of Gatorade :yup:
We had a blast when we ran in 06. I highly recommend the race. It's a life experiance :lol:
H1Slantback
Chapter VP - NorCal
Chapter VP - NorCal

Postby H1Slantback » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Bellvis wrote:Depending on dates, I am in.

You better come :evil:
Just kidding, You can ride with us in the race truck if you want to or take your own :)
H1Slantback
Chapter VP - NorCal
Chapter VP - NorCal

Postby ronb » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:01 pm

so, you are taking the race truck and still need 1 truck?

rb
ronb
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby H1Slantback » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:28 pm

ronb wrote:so, you are taking the race truck and still need 1 truck?

rb

We have 1 team with 2 H1's so far. We need 2 more trucks with drivers to make up the second team.
H1Slantback
Chapter VP - NorCal
Chapter VP - NorCal

Postby ronb » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:49 pm

I guess the second team will cruise behind you and pick up all the pieces that fall off your trucks?

rb
ronb
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby stjames151 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:54 am

ronb wrote:I guess the second team will cruise behind you and pick up all the pieces that fall off your trucks?

rb

I'm gonna have my truck dipped in red loctite before I run so this should be unnecessary. I think we'd rather have the other team take second, so they should do whats best for their team. I'm south of Fresno a bit Ron.
I feel sorry for all the soldiers and intelligence officers who over the last century have worked hard to defeat communism, only to have it elected by "choice".
stjames151
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Seth » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:48 pm

I'd be interested in coming along. Sounds like a blast. Keep us updated. :)
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby stjames151 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:34 am

Any one in need of an intermediate base camp (even AlecW) is welcome to all the hospitality I have to offer, so PM us if you want to show up! We gotta know if you're coming tho. This will be an incredible adventure! We still need an H2 and H3 team if we can get them. You don't have to think you'll finish first to partake in the fun. I've not heard anything about this event that even comes close to the Baja. It's more like a fun run. We're not running against professional race teams either, so anyone can win (even Rich or Bell). :P
stjames151
Club Member
Club Member

Postby H1Slantback » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:35 pm

I wanna set some dates for the prerun.
July 25th, 26th and 27th.
We can stay in Reno, Gerlach or Soldier Meadows.
Soldier meadows is a 500,000 acre cattle ranch 1 hour north of Gerlach, Nevada. You drive across the playa on the Blackrock desert to get to it. Were considering bringing the families and making Soldier Meadows Base camp for the trip. There is No TV but everything else. You pay for the rooms by the night and for each meal you eat. Excellant food, all home cooked. There is a common area for spending time and seperate rooms with shared bathrooms. There are 1000 miles of roads and trails on the ranch.
You could also stay in Gerlach, Motel, Restuarant and bar.
Were planning on going after geocaching waypoints to train for the race. We can have 2 more navigators there to run in other trucks so anyone who would like to run the race can see whats its like. Its mostly dirt roads with some hiking involved. This trip will simulate the race well.
If you don't want to participate in the "Training" the area is great for wheeling. Many things to see and do.
Links
http://www.blackrockfriends.org/
http://www.nv.blm.gov/Winnemucca/blackr ... R_home.htm
http://ian.kluft.com/blackrock/
http://www.soldiermeadows.com/
I'm busy the weekend before.
Comments?
H1Slantback
Chapter VP - NorCal
Chapter VP - NorCal

Return to Competition & Racing