Introduction to CJ

Welcome & Introductions

Introduction to CJ

Postby no1gtkid » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:54 pm

Hi, My name is CJ. I have attended several runs with the NV/CA chapter and figured I would introduce my-self and my rigs. I am the owner of a 2005 Jeep Wrangler SE. Why an SE? Good Question, it’s a Jeep! One always ends up changing and adding their own touch of goodies as money comes along. I also have a 1996 Ford Bronco XLT. My Other desert Toy is a 2006 Articcat 250.
Attachments
Bronco96.JPG
(300.71 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Jeep05.jpg
(368.93 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
no1gtkid
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby PhilD » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:58 pm

Welcome :)

Nice looking Bronco, you don't see many as well looked after as that one.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rod » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:26 am

So that's the Bronco ... very nice! 8)
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '99 HMC4 | '05 SUT

Bronco...

Postby no1gtkid » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:57 am

Yes, that is the Bronco. and thank you for the polite comments.

Itis going to look different once I get back from conference. I have a set of rims that have been sitting in my garage from the last bronco. That will change the look. Plus New BFG MTs. There will be a custom made front bumper that will have d-rings and a winch plate with 4 light tabs. I will also be adding a custom made rock rails and side steps (Getting rid of those ugly hoops) along with a cusom made roof rack.

Fisrt things first though I have to grease the new added steering linkage. Put on the steering stablizer/dampner. Then Install two upper camber bolts to re-adjust the camber. Final the alignment. All which I have one week to do once back from conference and before our grand canyon run.
no1gtkid
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby edspad » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:57 pm

Hey CJ nice looking rigs.
Your right about the jeep and you can park it in my drive way anytime :)
Your bronco has the 351C or the HO-302 ? im not sure when they stopped the push rods engines in the trucks/suv. 95 was the last year for the mustangs :( you make any mods to the engine? come on pop the hood :up:
edspad
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: H3

351c or 302 Bronco

Postby no1gtkid » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:25 pm

Neither, The Bronco has a 351W or windsor. (may not have spelled correctly) The 351 clevland is rare and was made more for the canadian made vehicles. Has a bit more power as well. At least that is what was told to me. Never confirmed one way or the other.

The 302 was a common as a 5.0 in most mustangs up tp 1994 early 95. I think, many of the 80 and early 90 broncos had 302 as well. I had a 302 in my 87 LX mustang.

Thanks for comments on allowing the jeep to park in the drive way. :)

As for performance under the hood of the Bronco. It is a 5.8L/W it has an orbital battery similar to the Optima. K&N flp kit, Hyper programming, breaths out (currently) a flow master muffler. Soon changed to a gibson full cat back. NGK spark plugs, royal purple fluids. Other then that stock. Later I plan on cams, pistons, Valves, new fly wheels and balancer. Or I may change out to a new crate engine with more power. Maybe once I reach 150k miles.

As for the Jeep it is the simple Inline V6 4.0 with a K&N filter and royal puple fluids. I have a optima battery just no need to swap it in yet. I am changing the air intake to a snorkle system with a new throttle body, Throttle body spacer and power programmer. New banks cat back exhaust and headers. However power in the jeep is not what I am looking for right now. More protection. Heck maybe I will look into the viper engine swap. :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:
no1gtkid
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby edspad » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:02 pm

no1gtkid
Neither, The Bronco has a 351W

Uhhh yea, I meant to say 351W. not sure about the canadian part i have heard it was just in the heads and intake ? but i have never owned a 351W so i have never really did my home work :)
edspad
Club Member
Club Member

Hey Valid question on the engine

Postby no1gtkid » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:22 pm

:) The question was valid. After all they do have three different engine sizes. I may have been lucky enough to have a 351c. :( but no just a little 351w. :) Better then the 302 though. YEAH BABY!!!
no1gtkid
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Re: Hey Valid question on the engine

Postby edspad » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:36 pm

no1gtkid wrote::) The question was valid. After all they do have three different engine sizes. I may have been lucky enough to have a 351c. :( but no just a little 351w. :) Better then the 302 though. YEAH BABY!!!

Yes i agree. the 302 is best served in mustangs or smaller. nothing less than a the 351w in the bronco :yup:
edspad
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bondage » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:45 am

CJ - nice to finally see that Bronco - but man, I LOVE your Jeep! :lol: Just the improvements you made to it between the Area51 run and this last run in Last Chance were great - can't wait to see it when you're completely done! It's an outstanding rig and we all truly enjoy having you along.
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston
Vehicle: BLACK H2

upcoming plans for Pig pen

Postby no1gtkid » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:19 pm

Well I am in hopes to have the light bar put on with all the lights.
It is a Carr rotar bar in black with Two black day-lighters round 6" from KC and one 6" KC fog lamp and two blazer small rectangualuar amber rear facing fog lamps.

I also want to break the bolts lose on the windhsield an put two KC daylighter spot lights.

New Alternator to handle everything.

Dual optima battery setup with an isolator switch and a priority start that uses both batteries.

A rear cargo rack ontop of the lock box in the rear. I need a place to lock down the extra gas and my water. Shovel, ax, pick ax.

My new front bumper and new rear bumper.

I am also looking into a hard top for those long treks.

Not sure if you noticed the scanner in the jeep. Also not sure if you saw the triple LED flasher. Many at last run did get to see it on.

Things not seen were the protection under the jeep. Steering control skid plate and radiator skid plate. Oh speaking of which I need to install the steering control brace.
no1gtkid
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Return to Welcome