Welcome Everyone

Welcome & Introductions

Re: Welcome Everyone

Postby Silverton34 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Hello all. I just purchased an '07 H3 with Adventure Package. This was a 20k mile off lease vehicle. I drove it directly to the tire shop and had a set of five Wrangler MTR Kevlar 315/75-16 tires put on. I then went right home and started adjusting the torsion bars. I currently am at three full turns on each side and think I will need more. The front CV shafts have very little angle but the passenger side is getting VERY hard to adjust any further. I will drive it for a couple days and see how it settles. The H3 is not my daily driver, just a toy that sits in the garage waiting for the right time to play.

I traded off an '05 Wrangler Rubicon with a three inch lift and 33 inch Goodyear MTRs and 30k miles. I really liked it and had it in Moab just 12 days ago but it is a little too small for my family and not very comfortable to drive on the road. I trailered it to Moab and will likely do the same with the H3.

Can anyone give me more info. on the rear locker? I am used to the vacuum operated lockers in the Rubicon and would like to know more about the H3 locker. Is it a name brand? I presume it is electric.

Trying to find more excused to go to Moab, I have plenty of time on my hands and would like to meet a group sometime.
Silverton34
New User
New User

Vehicle: 2007 H3 Adventure Pk

Postby Seth » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Silverton34 wrote:Can anyone give me more info. on the rear locker? I am used to the vacuum operated lockers in the Rubicon and would like to know more about the H3 locker. Is it a name brand? I presume it is electric.

The rear locker is an e-locker made by Eaton. Works real well. Automatically turns off at 20mph. Not that you want it on up to that speed. Only allows activation in 4lo.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:30 am

Congratulations on the H3 Silverton and welcome to HXC. Where are you located?
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Silverton34 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks guys, I'm sitting in the great state of Iowa. Born and raised here but planning an early retirement and moving west. I'm still working on the torsion bars to get the thing level, it appears I am at 22 3/4 inches now and would like to go another quarter inch. Just ran into work for awhile and will hit the passenger side adjuster bolt with a little penetrating oil when I get home and try to turn it a little farther.

I always towed the Jeep out west on a trailer behind my '08 Yukon but just might drive the H3 instead of trailering, it is a lot more comfortable than the Rubicon was, and a lot heavier, nearly a thousand pounds. I just fear breaking something and not being able to drive home, that was one of the reasons for trailering the Rubicon. I will keep my ear to the ground here and maybe meet some of you in Moab next time you go.
Silverton34
New User
New User

Vehicle: 2007 H3 Adventure Pk

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:02 am

Silverton34 wrote:I always towed the Jeep out west on a trailer behind my '08 Yukon but just might drive the H3 instead of trailering, it is a lot more comfortable than the Rubicon was, and a lot heavier, nearly a thousand pounds. I just fear breaking something and not being able to drive home, that was one of the reasons for trailering the Rubicon. I will keep my ear to the ground here and maybe meet some of you in Moab next time you go.

I just made the drive from FL to Moab back in June and was very please with it for such a long trip. Of course I had the same concern you did about breaking something with the long drive back and it actually kept me from doing a few obstacles but would/will drive it out there again.
Mark

Postby Seth » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Silverton34 wrote:Thanks guys, I'm sitting in the great state of Iowa. Born and raised here but planning an early retirement and moving west. I'm still working on the torsion bars to get the thing level, it appears I am at 22 3/4 inches now and would like to go another quarter inch. Just ran into work for awhile and will hit the passenger side adjuster bolt with a little penetrating oil when I get home and try to turn it a little farther.

Make sure you jack the H3 off the ground before you crank the toraion bolt. This should help it be easier unless you were already doing that.
Seth

Postby jasoncarpenter1 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:29 pm

hi to all. have a colorado and love to 4wheel. has any one done a sas on a h3 yet? Image
why kill it, if you can't overkill it? 05 colorado 3"b.l. 4"rancho 32"dick cepek mud country
jasoncarpenter1
New User
New User

Vehicle: colorado

Postby Sewie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:09 am

Welcome!

jasoncarpenter1 wrote: has any one done a sas on a h3 yet?

Only two that I know of. One was a mudder on Rockwells that the owner ended up flopping on the street. :roll:

The other was a SEMA truck done by Bully Dog Performance and Mt. Logan Offroad. Dana 60's front and rear and a bunch of other stuff. Only picture of it I have handy.

25883.jpg
25883.jpg (80.29 KiB) Viewed 1757 times

Speaking of Colorados though. You should see the one done by the tech's at GM's proving grounds. I've had a chance to wheel with it in Moab and in the Sierra's. Basically has an H3 drivetrain, locked front and rear, and sitting on 35's. 8)

Golden_Spike_26.jpg
Golden_Spike_26.jpg (164.64 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
Sewie
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: '74 EB

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:07 am

Welcome to HXC and nice looking Colorado 8)
Mark

Postby jasoncarpenter1 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:08 am

thanks, that h3 looks sick
why kill it, if you can't overkill it? 05 colorado 3"b.l. 4"rancho 32"dick cepek mud country
jasoncarpenter1
New User
New User

Vehicle: colorado

Postby Aikicortex » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Hey there everyone,

Just wanted to join, stop by and say hi. My wife actually completely surprised me one idle Friday by coming home in a 2009 H3t back in August 09 (she's a precious gem)! I've been driving a 94 Suburban since new and just running it into the ground, now as you all may have felt at one time, I was finding every excuse to hold on to that failing vehicle, just dumping money into buying band-aids for it really. But the first mile I drove the H3t I was in shock at how outstanding it was! I've been playing in it everyday, even on the mundane commutes to work. I've found dozens of off road shortcuts to the office, its literally a point of enjoyment, no matter how stressful the day, I know that I get a small piece of playtime, which just makes everything so much more palatable. Well now that I've been playing to some degree I was looking to step it up and just want to find out more information on trails, events, usable truck upgrades (not just for aesthetics, but for performance). Recently with all the snow and ice in my area, I have been able to actually help a bunch of random strangers out of ditches, drifts or a tow, but I have zero training, so I've damaged a bunch of stuff (on my truck as well as the person I was trying to help) and just realize I need to invest some time in reading and asking questions. Thank you,
Aiki
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
I shall find a way or make one
Aikicortex
New User
New User

Vehicle: Hummer H3t

Postby Seth » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Welcome to HXC, Aikicortex. You will gain a wealth of knowledge here. Ask as many questions as you'd like and I know you will get a bunch of great answers.
Seth

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 am

Congratulations on the H3T, you have a great wife and welcome to HXC 8)
Mark

Postby USVibrant » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am USVibrant, recently, I bought my dream vehicle, I am sure you can guess, a HUMMER. (2006 H3) I love him, yes, he is a he, he is sexy, and he desires to get his feet wet and muddy! He is nameless presently, because it is a tossup between HUMTHIS or AlWAYSB

I do not scream on trails, which no doubt some are worthy and deserving of, and I am very trail friendly.

I hope to make friends while having fun! :yup:
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Postby Seth » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 pm

USVibrant wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am USVibrant, recently, I bought my dream vehicle, I am sure you can guess, a HUMMER. (2006 H3) I love him, yes, he is a he, he is sexy, and he desires to get his feet wet and muddy! He is nameless presently, because it is a tossup between HUMTHIS or AlWAYSB

I do not scream on trails, which no doubt some are worthy and deserving of, and I am very trail friendly.

I hope to make friends while having fun! :yup:
Welcome to HXC!
Seth

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome