Hello from PA/MD border!

Welcome & Introductions

Hello from PA/MD border!

Postby FieroGT-Top » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:54 am

Hello everyone! First post here! Woohoo! As of now I don't have a H3, but there is one locally that has caught my attention. I've always liked the looks of a Hummer H3, but the prices have been high, now used ones are becoming much more affordable. I do drive a '00 Xterra SE V6 as my second car, or mainly for winter and snow. I do travel to Deep Creek Lake, MD for skiing and I live on top of a mountain, so 4WD is an absolute must. I've had the Xterra for 10 years now and it's been amazing. With weight over the rear tires and snow tires, the Xterra doesn't care how much snow is on the ground. The Xterra runs and drives great, only 109K, but it's got the standard manifold crack, and rear main seal leak. A/C works when it wants to, and the brakes need replacing. The worst is that it's got no power. OMG it can't get out of its own way. I could just repair everything and I'd be perfectly happy, or I could upgrade. The H3 that I'm looking at is a '07 all black. No chrome anywhere, which I really like. Just shy of 90k miles and a 5-speed. Dealer is asking $14900. I did stop by and check it out, tires look like they need replacing, and there's a nail sticking into one of them. Other than that it looks great. Didn't test-drive it but I might next week. Does that seem like a good price? What should I look out for with this H3? Most importantly, how are the H3's in the snow with the 5-speed? Thank you for reading and I appreciate any guidance and advice! :)
Last edited by FieroGT-Top on Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
FieroGT-Top
New User
New User

Re: Hello from PA/MD border!

Postby FieroGT-Top » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:01 am

Double post! Oops!
FieroGT-Top
New User
New User

Hello from PA/MD border!

Postby clean slate » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:34 pm

I love my 07 h3 on the snow. I'm on the shores of superior in northern Michigan so we get a fair share of it. Mine is an auto so I can't attest to the manual trans. It's nice to never watch the weather forecast and know that I'll always make it to work.
clean slate
Club Vice President
Club Vice President

Vehicle: 2007 h3

Postby FieroGT-Top » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:16 am

thank you for the reply, question for ya, do you weigh down the back of your H3? I have to put minimum of 4 50lb sand bags back over the rear wheels if I'm going to get any rear traction.

I took another look at the H3 yesterday, noticed some rust underneath where the license plate is, looks like where the body mounts to the frame? Some rust chipped off too. Carfax does show the H3 was in an accident, but no damage to vehicle. Had to do with the undercarriage. Sent the dealership 2 emails and have been out to look at it 3x but no one has tried to contact me. Hmm, maybe they don't want to sell it?
FieroGT-Top
New User
New User

Hello from PA/MD border!

Postby clean slate » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:55 pm

I never have weighed it down with anything. The only trouble I have ever had was when I was newer to it. We had one of our lovely whiteout snowstorms and I didn't wipe out the bay that the window wipers are in. Eventually the snow built up to the point that it actually pushed the wipers away from the windshield. But know that I know that trick it hasn't since been an issue.
clean slate
Club Vice President
Club Vice President

Hello from PA/MD border!

Postby clean slate » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:59 pm

Now if you'll accept my humble opinion; $14,900 seems a bit high for an '07 that isn't absolutely perfect. I've seen some very nice, clean, low mile ones on Craigslist in my area for that price and slightly less. I'd give eBay or Craigslist a look before sealing a deal. Again just my op.
clean slate
Club Vice President
Club Vice President

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:47 am

As clean slate said no need to weight it down, they weigh enough already :lol:

Pricing will vary a lot. I know some areas where $15K for that is on par but others where it's high like up by clean slate.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Return to Welcome