Hey Guys!

Welcome & Introductions

Hey Guys!

Postby arnavg544 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:04 am

Hey, I'm Arnav, your not so average Indian kid! I'm 20, and I'm in college at Duke University, in Durham, NC. I own an '89 Chevy C/K Crew Cab Dually, which my parents gave me as my first car, and an 09 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG, which I bought in June. Just going to say, I'm not really spoiled. I paid for 30k out of the 39k that it cost, and the other part was given to me by relatives and my parents as presents for getting accepted into Duke. I'm not like the other Indians, which is why I'm on this forum, and I just love the South, and I'm extremely conservative, and have a love for hunting, fishing, off-roading, and basically any lifted truck or anything with Four Wheel Drive. You could possibly say I'm a wannabe redneck if that sums it up for you!

But anyways, why I'm on this forum:
I work weekends and evenings and of course during school breaks, and I have around 7-8k cash right now. I will have in the 10-12k range by Christmas, and possibly 15k than that by next Spring. I plan on selling my Chevy in a few weeks just because it isn't being used enough. I plan on getting around 4k for it since it is in mint condition and has low mileage (85k). I really want a Hummer H3, and I think that a used one will be in my budget (80-90k miles, 5-7 years old). I will definitely modify it, so I'm joining this forum for help with the purchasing process, and for any technical help that I need after I purchase it.

I look forward to contributing on this forum, making new friends, and trying to make my future H3 the most bad-ass (probably not for a long time) one out there!

- Arnav
arnavg544
New User
New User

Vehicle: C63 AMG, '89 Chevy Crew

Re: Hey Guys!

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:58 am

Welcome to HXC. Sounds like you are well on your way to getting a good used H3. Based on what you expect to have you should be able to find a nice clean one before long that you can afford. If you plan on wheeling hold out for one with the adventure/off road package with will give you a rear locker and 4:1 transfer case. If you end up with enough for an '09/'10 it will also have a front locker.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Re: Hey Guys!

Postby clean slate » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Welcome! Sounds like you've got some great plans I'm just glad I'm not on the hook for tuition!
clean slate
Club Vice President
Club Vice President

Vehicle: 2007 h3

Return to Welcome