New To The Hummer World

Welcome & Introductions

New To The Hummer World

Postby stout308 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:54 pm

Hey guys, Im new to everything Hummer and I have a few questions and this seems like the right place to turn to. I plan to purchase about an '07 H3 in the coming month or so, and I would like to put about 35 inch tires on it. Ive never done any modifications to any vehicle Ive owned but Ive always wanted a tough, sporty looking SUV. What else would I need to do to the H3 to go along with the tires? Any lift kits or shocks, or anything to avoid tire rubs, or anything like that? Also, this will not only be my weekend toy, it will also be my daily vehicle. Thankfully my job is not too far from my house, about 12 miles away, but Im wondering what kind of wear and tear on bigger tires I will be looking at with that kind of daily use. Also, what kind of gas mileage I can expect with those larger tires, and if theres anything I can add to minimize any mpg loss? Any info and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
stout308
New User
New User

Re: New To The Hummer World

Postby The Other Rob » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:05 pm

35's (315/75-16) don't require you to do anything but insert the pump nozzle a bit more often.. Don't expect more than 13 - 14 mpg.. You can turn up the torsion bars a bit if you want to get a taller stance on the front end, but it's not required.. More wear and tear is going to be expected, but it's not going to be anything extreme.. Might loose 5 - 10% out of the life of wearable parts..

Dig around in the H3 Tech forum here you can get a lot of good info on the H3 and what you can do to it.. Ignore any posts I made there in the past 8 - 10 months unless you wanna read a lot of negative stuff..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Re: New To The Hummer World

Postby Hunner » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Yea he went over to the dark side! :lol:
08H3ALPHA,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola roof rack,2GoLight spots,Hunner steering rackmounts,Cranium diff guard,Bulletproof custom tierods,front longer adjust swaybar links,Hunter intake,Jamboree rack,Bilsteins fronts&rear,extended jounce,snorkle,Sy-Klone pre filter,Hutchinson beadlocks. GOT HUNNER EXtreme skids?
Hunner's Alpha
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7790
Hunner
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: Like Nothing Else

Return to Welcome