AC Blowing Hot & Cold Air

H2 Specific Information

AC Blowing Hot & Cold Air

Postby Otis » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:19 am

i've done a search and have found that there are a few problems related to this.. AC blows hot air on driver's side and cold on passenger side....
Possible causes.....
1. HVAC Control Module needs recalibration
2. Control Head needs replacing
3. Refrigerant System leak....

I've read that recalibrating the control module usually does the trick. Only problem with that is our local dealer closed up shop, and i dont know (trust) anyone else in town to do this... Is there a way to DIY like with a scan tool or is this something a dealer must perform?
04 H2 - Sunset Orange - Sold 7-08...
The Wife's... 05 SUT Pewter "Tonkablonde"

http://www.myspace.com/r1otis

-Chris
Otis
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Re: AC Blowing Hot & Cold Air

Postby mnstrh2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:46 am

You dont have a HUmmer dealer in Vegas?!!
weird.........anyway I dont know of any sort of DIY....however when my '05 did this (not the '06 yet)
dealer said it was just that damper and "tweaked" it....
Perhaps a chat with a GM/Chevy dealer service will find some asssitance...I imagine
that just like ALL GM..they share that part with another car/truck....
(also the same service problem no doubt)
Sean
2006 Jeep Unlimited, 4 lift, 33" BFG KM2's, cut and trimmed for trail duty
mnstrh2
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 06 Jeep

Postby Seth » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:39 pm

mnstrh2 wrote:You don't have a Hummer dealer in Vegas?!!

Turned into a SmartCar dealership. :lol: :lol:
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Otis » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:04 am

mnstrh2 wrote:
You don't have a Hummer dealer in Vegas?!!

Turned into a SmartCar dealership.

Right?... From one extreme to the other.... :lol:

Well i found out that one of the local Caddy dealerships is doing all the warranty, and other related work for Hummer now.... Only problem is, Caddy told me that they can not work on the vehicle because of all the aftermarket parts on it.... huh??... :duh:
The AC/heater unit is the same in the Hummer as it is in our Escalade!!!??!!!... :wall:

What do you mean by damper?
04 H2 - Sunset Orange - Sold 7-08...
The Wife's... 05 SUT Pewter "Tonkablonde"

http://www.myspace.com/r1otis

-Chris
Otis
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Seth » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Otis wrote:Well i found out that one of the local Caddy dealerships is doing all the warranty, and other related work for Hummer now.... Only problem is, Caddy told me that they can not work on the vehicle because of all the aftermarket parts on it.... huh??... :duh:
The AC/heater unit is the same in the Hummer as it is in our Escalade!!!??!!!... :wall:

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like a load of crap to me.
Seth

Postby Robo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:01 pm

Seth wrote:

HEY :x don't harrass me. What's true in Cerritos ain't true for the world! :lol:
The Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights guarantees our Freedom and our Rights. They do not protect them.
Protect your Freedom. Protect your Rights.

http://www.nraila.org
Robo
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Catch and release H3

Postby Seth » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Robo wrote:
Seth wrote:

HEY :x don't harrass me. What's true in Cerritos ain't true for the world! :lol:

Only when it's true, only when it's true. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seth

Postby Robo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Seth wrote:Only when it's true, only when it's true. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i hate you.............. :cry:
The Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights guarantees our Freedom and our Rights. They do not protect them.
Protect your Freedom. Protect your Rights.

http://www.nraila.org
Robo
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Catch and release H3

Postby mnstrh2 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:13 am

What do you mean by damper?[/quote]

Just like in your house, flipping from summer to winter, in the duct work.....
there are dampers (dividers) in the automotive air handlers..its not working correctly..
TELL caddy dealer BS....on aftermarket parts...your not asking for work on those..
It is the heat/AC....nothing has been touched or changed there>>>Thats another
reason I hate my Monster...dealer wont work on most of it now..AND it has no value to
sell the POS!!
unlike my Mini...worth same as cost when new AND dealer encoourages modifications
and still cover warranty issues.... HOORAY MINI!!!
2006 Jeep Unlimited, 4 lift, 33" BFG KM2's, cut and trimmed for trail duty
mnstrh2
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 06 Jeep

Postby TBarrow » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 pm

It has nothing to do with Freon. It is the blower door actuator. The HVAC system under the passengers dash, to access it remove the cover below the glove compartment, 2 screws. The drivers blower door actuator motor is closest to the transmission tunnel and is held in place with 2 screws. The Passenger blower door actuator is directly above it on the TOP of the housing. Remove the glove compartment and you can get to it on the top of the HVAC system. Reach up and unplug it and plug it back in first. if it does not correct it you will need to replace it. It is not an easy job since most of the dash must be removed. Start by removing all the decorative allen bolts accross the dash. The center section can be pulled forward an inch or so. This will allow you to remove the trim around the speedometer cluster and drivers a/c vent. The passengers side is a little tricky. You need to remove the side panel that rests up against the door panel. Shine a light in at the upper left corner and you will see a white button aprox 1/8" wide and 1/2" tall this needs to be pushed in with a flat blad screwdriver while gently pulling out on the passenger grab bar(above the airbag). The second white button can be reached throught the far left glove compartment opening. I reached up and pushed in on the white button on this side while pulling out on the handle. This will allow the handle to be removed and the trim peices following. You can now see the screws that hold the upper dash cover there are aprox 3 screws on the driver and passenger side. You also have 2 in the center behind the center trim piece pull forward an inch or so and a 1/4" drive socket will get to the screws here. It then just pulls straight forward NOT UP. and don't forget to unplug the sun sensor on the dash. I removed the clip holding the duct work you will now see is connected to the backside of the dash passengers side. I resecured it from the outside when reassembling. The acctuator can be gotten to and replaced. It is still tight but I did not have to take it to the dealer. The part from the dealer is 237.xx check with gmpartsdirect.com for pricing shipped to you. You have 3 actuators on the H2 Drivers side, Passenges side, and recirculate. I would suggest whil you are under the dash remove the blower motor (3 screws and clean out the fan shoot some compressed air in to get any other dust out.)I just did this to mine today.

I know it would be better with pictures but I forgot to take them. email me if you need any clarification. mtoddbarrow@gmail.com
TBarrow
New User
New User

Vehicle: Hummer H2

Return to H2 Tech