H2 Wind noise

H2 Specific Information

H2 Wind noise

Postby doug1138 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:05 pm

I've noticed that at 'less than legal' freeway speeds the H2 becomes REALLY noisey.

I removed my roof racks and as far as I can tell, the noise comes from the air dam that seems to protect the sunroof.

Is that air dam to prevent buffeting when the sunroof is open? Or does it prevent a vacuum from sucking on the sunroof and potentially creating a leak (seems unlikely).

Can that air dam be removed?

Has anyone tried it?

Thanks
Doug
doug1138
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Re: H2 Wind noise

Postby H2Finally » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:55 am

Before you messed around with the sunroof, there is a well-known wind noise issue which actually comes from the SIDES of the windscreen. Dealer should be able to fix easily. The fix involves removing the 2 black plastic trim that's on the exterior corners of your windscreen (screws slightly hidden by rubber seal), and re-gluing it down. Some dealers like to use black mirror mastic, some rubber silicone, some just 3M double sided tape.
H2Finally
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '04 Pewter H2 Bling2

Re: H2 Wind noise

Postby crazytodig4u » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:23 am

I just about guarantee that your wind noice is coming from the vertical side windshield pillers. My 05 H2 had a terrible wind noise at freeway speeds and the dealer fixed it 100%. They had an outside glass company come in and do the repair. Your Hummer dealer should know all about the problem.Also all 4 of my inside doors panels were driving me crazy with all the squeaking, and the dealer fixed that too, as well as replacing my outside rearview mirrors, all done under warranty.
Gary
crazytodig4u
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Return to H2 Tech