Dashboard A/C-Heater Vents Not Working

H2 Specific Information

Dashboard A/C-Heater Vents Not Working

Postby jakesteel1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:38 pm

Hi,

I have a 2005 H2 with 34k miles. Even though the unit blows out both hot and cold air, no air is coming out of the dashboard vents, floor vents or rear vents. Its only being pushed through the defroster vents on top of the dashboard. :wall:

Is this common? Anyone else go through this or have an idea of what it might be? When I shut the car off it makes a groaning noise from behind the dash like someone is getting punched in the gut. :/

Thanks... :cry:
jakesteel1
New User
New User

Vehicle: 2005 H2

Re: Dashboard A/C-Heater Vents Not Working

Postby d1jorgegon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:22 pm

I am having a similiar problem . A/C works fine than all of a sudden air stops blowing out of the vents. It seems like the vent doors close and don't allow the air to come out. I turn off the truck restart it than it works fine. I took it to the dealer , they had it for a day and of course it didn't happen. The dealer told me it could be the vent door actuator.
d1jorgegon
New User
New User

Vehicle: hummer

Re: Dashboard A/C-Heater Vents Not Working

Postby iglock » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:11 pm

These symptoms are control head intermittant failures.They are not cheap.I have seen the best buys for replacement control heads on Ebay.Start by contacting the GM/Hummer parts dept.Let them look it up & give you a price.Ask for the part # as you will have to get back with them when you have the money.Now when you ck on Ebay you will have the correct part # to shop & you will have a worst case price through the GM/Hummer dealer.
iglock
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 2005 Hummer H2 SUV

Return to H2 Tech