R/C's.....

Any 4x4 Talk & Discussion

Re: R/C's.....

Postby The FunV » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Started life as a simple venom creeper because I wanted a cheep way into the RC world. I didnt know how long I was going to stick with the RC scene. Man, was I wrong. I love it! I have done many upgrades, my favorites being the Dig unit, traxxas driveshafts with little U-Joints, dual stage foams, and a BEC to run a 3 cell lipo. I still want to get rims, new lower control arms, and take away some of the red anodizing on the control arms and steering linkage. Also I would like to do 4 wheel steering. I also have a somewhat H1 truck body. I will get pics of that on too. I have like 3 bodies for this thing. Nothing scale, but I like cutting and painting these bodies.

I am finishing up a Tamiya M1025 (my first scaler.) I saw some others posted on here. I went with 1.9 Scale BF Goodrich Crawlers, scale H1 wheels of course (those little bolts and screws are a PITA, but so worth it.) I had to upgrade to harder Losi springs which I still cut down to get a lift to clear the tires, as well as make a little "body lift" and shave some of the control arms to increase my droop, fully locked both the front and rear differential. I also waterproofed all of the electronics. I dont have pictures on photobucket yet to post, but I do have pictures of my progress so far. I will get those up tonight.

Anyways, sorry for rambling. On to what you guys came to this thread for. The Pics!!

1995 HMCO 5.7L Gasser Open Top
2" coil spacers, 39.5 Iroks, PVC Beadlock Inserts, Self Fabbed Expedition Rack, Momo wheel, much more to come.

I cant keep up with traffic...............Fine by me!
The FunV
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 1995 Hummer H1

Postby Seth » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Nice flex shots. I'd like to get a RC crawler someday. Those things are a ton of fun.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Bellvis » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Looks great Funv!
Those Creepers can sure flex!

Can't wait to see your M1025!
I've had one for a year now and its just been on the back burner cause of other projects. After I finish my 1/6 Willys Jeep build, then I'll tackle my Tamiya M1025.

I just finished a Axial Honcho build so I'll get some pics of that up soon.
Miss you Rich! Thank's for all the memories!
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: The Boobicon

Postby The FunV » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the kind words. The creeper really does flex a ton! It actually surprised me alot, it sometimes isnt the best because I have to cut the bodies up so much, but then again, if I ran 1.9's instead of 2.2's it may be a bit more porportional and also allow me to not have to trim so much. The HB Rover's just grip so nice though, especially with the softer compound rubbers in front and dual compound foams. But I just love flexing out these little guys though, the sidehilling is actually very impressive once I up'd the oil weight in the shocks in combination with anti-roll inner springs.

I'll post up the M1025 when I get home tonight. I have been so excited about it!I just finished liquid cementing in the snorkel the other night. Its just part of a big pen. haha. But I have been really diggin the scale side of RC. Granted the Tamiya is still a bit more of a kit rather than getting a scale chassis and going from there, but just the look of scale rigs is so appealing to me.
2" coil spacers, 39.5 Iroks, PVC Beadlock Inserts, Self Fabbed Expedition Rack, Momo wheel, much more to come.

The FunV
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby The FunV » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:33 pm

M1025 Pics. I just finished up waterproofing the guts last week. She runs perfectly. I may consider a new ESC, but for right now this is fine. With both front and rear differentials locked, the scale H1 rims and the scale tires from RC4WD it is a little monster. I probably could have gone with the 1.55 tires and it would look a little bit more scale, but I liked the tread better on the 1.9's. Now I want to add headlights, mount my spare tire and rim, get a winch and build a mount, and lastly build a roof rack to hold some scale accessories. I still haven't fully decided on a color. Right now i'm just thinking black or maybe the creamish white to match my 1:1. The big hummer is in the works right now, and will look prety much like the RC humvee in regrads to the lift, 39.5's, military blinkers, and a snorkel. But any suggestions are always welcome. Here are the pics of what I have so far.

Last edited by The FunV on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

The FunV
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Seth » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:25 pm

That is a sweet looking Humvee R/C.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Bellvis » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Awesome M1025 and great pics!

Are you running the stock ESC and Motor? It's pretty quick on a 6cell 5000 Nimh.

I bet the 1.9's rub crazy, I think I'll be doing 1.55's on mine eventually. RC4WD makes the Rock Cruchers in 1.55's.

Once I am done with my 1/6th Willys Jeep then I will need some help on locking the diffs on the M1025.
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby The FunV » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:52 am

Bellvis wrote:Awesome M1025 and great pics! .

Thanks Bellvis. Coming from you that is a huge compliment.

It is the stock ESC right now. I'm thinking about changing it out though. I like motor, but with the ESC it has now it doesn't seem to be powerful or set correctly to crawl big objects. I think I will like the high wheelspeed with mud, but the approach angle on the RC Hummer is incredible. It just won't push. Maybe I could use a little gear reduction though, because right now I have a 6 cell 3,300 and it is very fast and does not last long.

The 1.9's actually aren't too bad. But yes, they do rub a good amount. I was looking at the 1.55's and they probably would be perfect. I honestly didn't think these things were going to be so big though. They seem very big for 1.9's, but I should have got that from the website.

I'm more than happy to help you out with licking the diffs. It's very simple.

To show my leap in tire size:

And also the rims taken apart:

The FunV
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Bellvis » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:22 am

Hey FunV, are you on http://www.rccrawler.com or http://www.scale4x4rc.org ? Awesome websites for R/C info.
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Bellvis » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:52 pm

New Axial Tacoma Honcho....
(Yes, it is a real working winch!)

IMG_4977.JPG
IMG_4977.JPG (344.18 KiB) Viewed 2429 times

IMG_4978.JPG
IMG_4978.JPG (280.72 KiB) Viewed 2429 times
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby 08H3 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 pm

I've lurked on this thread for quite a while. A lot of these cars / trucks are amazing. I started out back in 1985(ish) and still have my original RC10 gold pan. I have that, an RC10 Graphite, another car loosely based on an RC10 as well as an MRP Shotgun 410. The MRP is a rarity and a fun car, but I rarely run it. MRP has been so defunct for so long if you break anything, there's no parts to be found.
08H3
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Bellvis » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:42 pm

08H3 wrote:I've lurked on this thread for quite a while. A lot of these cars / trucks are amazing. I started out back in 1985(ish) and still have my original RC10 gold pan. I have that, an RC10 Graphite, another car loosely based on an RC10 as well as an MRP Shotgun 410. The MRP is a rarity and a fun car, but I rarely run it. MRP has been so defunct for so long if you break anything, there's no parts to be found.

I still have a RC10 Gold pan also! I stripped it a few years back for spare parts, eventually I'll build it back.

Any pics of the MRP Shotgun 410? I'm not familiar with that one.
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Bellvis » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Couple pics from today...
Swapped out the stock shocks for some RC4WD 110mm shocks running full droop.

IMG_5024.JPG
IMG_5024.JPG (273.99 KiB) Viewed 2397 times

IMG_5025.JPG
IMG_5025.JPG (246.26 KiB) Viewed 2397 times

IMG_5028.JPG
IMG_5028.JPG (356.2 KiB) Viewed 2397 times

IMG_5029.JPG
IMG_5029.JPG (426.71 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby H3-ING » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:29 pm

OK I want one. Looking for a play toy to use while on camping or wheeling trips. Bell or FunV, anyone? recommendations for an RCV.
Krawler, racer, mix? Battery life and durability a high priority. My 6 year old and myself will be playing with it. :)
H3-ING
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha Off-Road

Postby Bellvis » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:17 pm

H3-ING wrote:OK I want one. Looking for a play toy to use while on camping or wheeling trips. Bell or FunV, anyone? recommendations for an RCV.
Krawler, racer, mix? Battery life and durability a high priority. My 6 year old and myself will be playing with it. :)

Awesome! I will get you some info tonight when I get a chance.
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

PreviousNext

Return to Any 4x4