Build sheet information

H3 Specific Information

Build sheet information

Postby BruceS » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:50 pm

When i first picked up my new to me 2007 H3 i wondered what all options it came with from the dealer. I was not able to get an original sticker that showed the dealer installed options but i was able to receive a printout from the archives that showed a lot of information to include the original pricing. I had to pay a hefty fee for this one page printout. Way over priced.

I just ran across this site that will decode all of your build information on-line free of charge. If you enter more than one RPO separate them by commas with no spaces. You can enter all of them at one time before you hit submit and then print out the list.

If you are not familiar with the RPO decal (service parts identification) it is on the inside of your glove box. Here's the link. Lots of good info.

http://cadillacfaq.com/rpo/index.php
BruceS
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 2007 Hummer H3 I5

Re: Build sheet information

Postby f5fstop » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:47 pm

Dealers can print a build sheet in seconds. I used to print them for people when I worked at GM and had access to the system. Costs is whatever the cost of paper and ink would be. If a dealer charged you over five bucks, you were screwed. Dealers I know would print them off for free for their customers.

As for the site...isn't that just for Caddys?
GONE FROM THE HUMMER WORLD!
f5fstop
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 2016 Sierra Z714x4 CC SLT

Postby BruceS » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:54 pm

Dealers around here say they can not pull the information for hummer now.

Nope works for any GM vehicle. Already pulled mine
BruceS
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby f5fstop » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:21 am

Can't say if dealers can or can't pull the info, been a while since I left GM.

However, I just tried three vehicles,
'13 Silverado
'16 GMC
'08 Hummer H3 (my old H3) and it states...

Printed from http://www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo

RPO Code Explanation/Description
3GCPKTE77DG235898 No Match

3GTU2NEC4GG381594 No Match

5GTEN13EX88163183 No Match

Regardless, it appears it does not work for all GM and Hummer vehicles.

Hey Mark, give it a try. Getting my curiosity up as to why none of my vehicles show, but someone else can get their info. (Not that I need it, if I ever need a build sheet for the GMC I can make a call to Detroit and can one, but I'm pretty sure I know what it has and where the major parts were made. :lol:
f5fstop
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby BruceS » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:02 am

You must run the RPOs (like zm6) not the vin. These are mine and they all were decoded when entered.
Attachments
IMG_0100.JPG
IMG_0100.JPG (111.25 KiB) Viewed 766 times
BruceS
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:35 am

Entering the VIN to get a complete list does not work but you can enter each individual 3 digit code to get that particular item/feature/option. Only did a couple but wonder if they are right. For example I entered code LH8 which I would assume is for the LH8 5.3 liter engine in the Alpha but it came back with "ENGINE GAS, 4 CYL, 1.8L, TBI, OHC". Definitely don't have a 1.8L 4 cylinder :lol:
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby f5fstop » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:54 am

Guess I didn't look that it said enter an RPO code, since personally, this is no big deal. There are plenty of places online that also contain RPO codes. (And I just got an updated excel sheet from a friend at GM in Dec.)

I thought you were talking about the "build sheet" that a dealer can run off on the warranty system and I used to run off for friends. It shows the entire build of the vehicle, from all standard equipment to all options, and where the options came from ( such as Axle AAM, etc.) and is very detailed.

But I am surprised that this site for Cadillacs, does show (for example) axles that no Cadillac would ever use such as the 4.56 geared axles on the H3. But that actually makes sense since it would be easier to download the entire GM RPO list vs. picking and choosing Caddy only codes.

(Guess I need to better read vs. semi reading and watching TV at the same time. :wall: )
f5fstop
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:46 am

You know that semi reading while watching TV gets me in trouble all the time. Usually with the wife but in trouble none the less :lol:

I would definitely prefer the actual build sheet, need to see if I can get one for the Alpha. If I remember correctly I had one for the '06 but never did get one for the Alpha. Now to figure out who I know that can still get me one :/
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Return to H3 Tech