Airbag light on and Horn simultaneously quit

H3 Specific Information

Airbag light on and Horn simultaneously quit

Postby 09hummerh3 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:13 pm

I did a search of the forum and didn't find anything, a while ago i noticed the horn wasn't sounding when i pressed the remote button, thought might be a fuse or the horn itself, then i noticed the airbag light was on and the horn wouldn't sound when pressed. is there anything that would cause these two to fail at the same time. thanks for any responses.
09hummerh3
New User
New User

Vehicle: 2009 H3

Re: Airbag light on and Horn simultaneously quit

Postby f5fstop » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Only thing they might share is the steering wheel, but that is only related to the driver air bag.
Recommend getting the DTC codes read at a local auto parts store.
GONE FROM THE HUMMER WORLD!
f5fstop
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 2016 Sierra Z714x4 CC SLT

Postby 09hummerh3 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:41 am

thanks for all the replies. i found the problem after much research, buying software, an enhanced OBDII connector, and a hidden winch mount. I found the problem while installing the last. Somehow the wire at the horn and the wire loom that houses the wiring for the front airbag sensors and temperature module for the rear view mirror (i didn't mention that not working as i thought that was in the mirror itself), were broken apart as if in a front end collision! I had no previous front end damage and can't explain how that happened, but 30 minutes of soldering and shrink tubing and i can now blow my horn at all the other bad drivers in the DMV!
09hummerh3
New User
New User

Vehicle: 2009 H3

Postby Madison » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:49 am

Glad that you fix it, congratutions.
Madison
New User
New User

Vehicle: hummer

Return to H3 Tech