Not getting fuel to injector pump

H1 (Hummer) & HMMWV Specific Information

Not getting fuel to injector pump

Postby rgardner100 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:59 pm

Have an H1 6.6 that was ran out of diesel. Would not prime after putting diesel in tank and opening the bleeder valve. Opened the bleeder valve and pressured the fuel tank and fuel comes out. Close bleeder valve but primer will never prime fuel sysyem. Thanks
rgardner100
New User
New User

Vehicle: H1 Alpha

Re: Not getting fuel to injector pump

Postby Ian Ward » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:16 pm

The primer / lift pump is bad if it is getting a good power and ground and not making a quiet buzzing / tapping sound. Check the fuses. Also, Those fuel filter housings have a problem cracking and losing prime well the vehicle sits for a while.
Ian Ward
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby rgardner100 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Was told by my machanic and parts manager at GMC dealership that the 6.6 Duramax didn't have a lift pump. Have a 99 H1 that does but it's a 6.5. It has set awhile and I have been trying to find a filter housing for weeks. Went to the dealers parts man and we went through every duramax configuration on the system, the only thing close was a Kodiak 5500 but the primer pump is straight up and on the H1 it is angled towards to front. Thanks
rgardner100
New User
New User

Vehicle: H1 Alpha

Postby Ian Ward » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:40 pm

This is the filter housing i think? # 6029733. Call HPG ! Hummerpartsguy.com
Dave can get any hummer part that is available. If the dealer cant find it thats not real surprising. there's a saying about that- if someone ( like your dealer) tells you it's not available call Hummer Parts Guy. If Dave tells you it's not available it's really not available

http://www.hummerpartsguy.com/ASSEMBLY- ... _7091.html

Ian Ward
Iandanielward@yahoo.com
Ian Ward
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Return to H1 Tech