H1 Hummer Mechanics

H1 (Hummer) & HMMWV Specific Information

H1 Hummer Mechanics

Postby Mycoolsteel » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Hello to all my fellow Hummer owners. I have noticed several questions about where to find a mechanic that has experience on Hummers in different cities. I think we should try to compile a list of all the mechanics in the towns we know of so new/potential/current owners can know who to trust. Just an idea...... I am looking for a reputable H1 Diesel Tech in the Austin Tx area. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance......
Mycoolsteel
New User
New User

Vehicle: 1996 H1

Re: H1 Hummer Mechanics

Postby V-tek » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Just seeing if you had any luck since I'm in the Austin area too...
V-tek
New User
New User

Vehicle: 1999 H1

Postby Everettc4 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:04 pm

yes that would be great...im in portland oregon..and looking
Everettc4
New User
New User

Vehicle: 1998 H1 Wagon 6.5 turbo d

H1 Hummer Mechanics

Postby Ian Ward » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:18 pm

I have been working on the hummers & hmmwv for years. I live in the austin area and work on trucks from all over texas. I can help with all hummer repair. I have been working on trucks at my home but am buying a service truck to do road service. Now a days its hard to find a qualified hummer mechanic as some of the old dealers dont have anyone that knows the product and just don't have the experience or knowledge. My brother eric - Big Dog OffRoad is located in Golden CO. Bigdogoffroad.com also specializes in and only works on Hummers & HMMWV. They do a lot of custom fab stuff and restoration. If any of y'all need anything let me know.

Ian Ward
Rollin Road Service
Iandanielward@yahoo.com
Ian Ward
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Ian Ward » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Sorry about being a year late. Im new to this forum.

Ian Ward
Ian Ward
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby telazra » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Ian, where in Austin are you located? I'm looking for a H1 tech for my vehicle.

Ian Ward wrote:I have been working on the hummers & hmmwv for years. I live in the austin area and work on trucks from all over texas. I can help with all hummer repair. I have been working on trucks at my home but am buying a service truck to do road service. Now a days its hard to find a qualified hummer mechanic as some of the old dealers dont have anyone that knows the product and just don't have the experience or knowledge. My brother eric - Big Dog OffRoad is located in Golden CO. Bigdogoffroad.com also specializes in and only works on Hummers & HMMWV. They do a lot of custom fab stuff and restoration. If any of y'all need anything let me know.

Ian Ward
Rollin Road Service
Iandanielward@yahoo.com
telazra
New User
New User

Vehicle: Hummer H1

Postby Ian Ward » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Telazra
Im in buda tx just south of austin. I dont do the forum thing to much as i dont have the time. I listed my contact info in my signature were any of y'all can call me if you need anything (preferably not at three in the morning unless have an emergency and some $). Mabie im just new to this form thing but this one seems a little slow. Not to bash anyone as I appreciate all the support involving the community. You might also check out amgenerals.com Its new and growing. Dont sent me a pm as i may not get it for a while , email or text or call.

Ian Ward
Rollin Road Service
Ian Ward
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Ian Ward » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:39 pm

I fat fingered my phone number there.

Ian Ward
Rollin Road Service
281.802.1131 -( correct # )
Ian Ward
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby V-tek » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:25 pm

I can vouch for Ian, I've been using him as my mechanic for at least two years now. He's good to get a once over look if you bring it by.
If you just bought one he can point out things that the previous owner missed or installed wrong. Things like, this belt is rubbing this hose, things that will ruin your day later.
He only works on H1's and has a couple at the shop at any given time. Mine is there right now having all the bushings replaced.
He's even good to bring along off-roading. Had my brake line snap at Hidden Falls and he got me home the same day.
If I have a question and text him, I usually get an answer within the hour.

I have a 'stealership' just up the road from me who has put parts on wrong so I don't go there any more.
Haven't found a mechanic who has half the knowledge on H1 that Ian does...
V-tek
New User
New User

Vehicle: 1999 H1

Return to H1 Tech