Big Bear Hardcore Run on John Bull - May 17th

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

Re: Big Bear Hardcore Run on John Bull - May 17th

Postby beavis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:08 pm

What is the range in age of those Blazers in your group?

Any Broncos roll with you?
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Spyder Kar

Postby 83blazer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:54 pm

OOOOOOOHHHHH!!! Who was the drunk hillbilly? Nice pointing it out BGM. Didn't catch that.

Opening a beer and pounding it, ahhhhhhh! Cold it hurts my teeth.

The age ranges from I would say 20 to 60. Everything in between.

We do runs with anyone that wants to have a good time. From jeeps, broncos, Toyotas, pathfinders, to anyone that wants to go have good time. They will probably get bashed on for driving something different but it's all in the name of fun.

One requirement we do have is that you have tough skin. If you don't, don't bother coming to the runs. We all get along very well. Better than a family.
83blazer
New User
New User

Vehicle: 83 K5 Blazer

Postby beavis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:44 pm

Actually, what I meant to say was....

What is the age range of the actual vehicles you guys wheel?

I remember seeing a bronco club down in Anza-Borrego, pretty large group , and their rigs were great!
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Blazer Hillbilly » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:48 pm

i think the main point is this:

you guys don't move very fast, so in the future, if some rigs pull up that want to pass you, by all means-let them pass. :duh: you guys were obviously very inexperienced, so if you all had watched our lines, it might have helped your success rate. from what i understand, most of you guys ended up turning around and heading out the way you came from.
Blazer Hillbilly
New User
New User

Vehicle: ancient junk

Postby svtracer214 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:06 pm

Blazer Hillbilly wrote:i think the main point is this:

you guys don't move very fast, so in the future, if some rigs pull up that want to pass you, by all means-let them pass. :duh: you guys were obviously very inexperienced, so if you all had watched our lines, it might have helped your success rate. from what i understand, most of you guys ended up turning around and heading out the way you came from.

This is a productive post, the others may have received a better reaction from this group if they would have started this way.

I do not understand the importance of the gentleman's picture thread with proud displays of feces. What exactly are you saying about yourself?

Mods, please remove those pictures, the truck pictures should be welcome on this site though.
2006 H3 - Adventure Package
svtracer214
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 2006 Hummer H3 - Adv

Postby beavis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:25 pm

you guys were obviously very inexperienced,

Hmmmmm,

Not so sure about that......
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby H2Finally » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Actually EMS was hung-over, not drunk. The drinking was done before the driving (at least this trip.. ;) ).

And of course we would move over if we could. Any stock 4x4 would let modded rigs through. But within reasonable expectations. Stock rigs would be slower going, but doesn't mean we can't have fun trying the trails just like everyone else. The guys that showed up behind have to wait their turn. That's only polite. If you're in a hurry, come at sunup (early bird gets the worm n all that).

But again, in this instance the stock tie-rod busted (feel free to go call GM and add your complain as to why they come with cheap-azz inadequate stockers) & so it took a while to get him out of the way. After we got him out, I (the H2 you can see in your photo) did back right down over to let you guys thru, remember?

About experience, in HXC, our whole goal is to promote offroadin fun (done with reasonable responsibility). So in most of our trips, we'll have the more experienced drivers and beginners, built rigs and stockers. After all, how do you get to be "experienced" if you don't do lots of practice runs while a noob?

Now, about the "thick skin" requirement -- this I don't get. If that is so, why the heck are ya'll so but t hurt over "drunken hillbilly" comment made in another forum then? :duh: Maybe it shoulda been "delicate little flowers WANTED" instead? (I kid, I kid.. :lol: )

H2Finally
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '04 Pewter H2 Bling2

Postby BGM » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:03 am

I remember him backing out... I spotted him to get him out why you guys watched. I came up with the idea to winch the broke truck out of the way, you guys were gonna fix in the middle of the trail. When we got there only one made it thru, that was the big liffted job, the others were still wating. Some guy in your group said" you guys wont make it your in beat up k5's" I guess there is sterotypes from both sides. The broken tie rod was the last thing to happen, you make it sound like that was the problem. It wasnt, It was the fact that you guys werent helping each other and really spotting and stacking.

My fun is done here, have fun on the trails and maybe if we meet up again we can all kiss and make up 8)

No hard feelings take care and be safe
BGM
New User
New User

Vehicle: K5 Blazer

Postby 83blazer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:19 am

The trucks age range from 1972 all the way up to 90 I believe.

Yes you guys are right we all started green and wet behind our ears.

"Now, about the "thick skin" requirement -- this I don't get. If that is so, why the heck are ya'll so but t hurt over "drunken hillbilly" comment made in another forum then? :duh: Maybe it shoulda been "delicate little flowers WANTED" instead? (I kid, I kid.. :lol: )"

Delicate little flowers would have been better or Thumpers since I have LONG EARS AND BIG FEET. No one was butt hurt, I wasn't even butt hurt. Just funny how stories are told or said to benefit you and make someone else look bad. Anyways let's just make up and kiss don't like having bad feelings with anyone. That's just BAD KARMA. I just thought I'd come over and rouse some feathers. Ok fellas as my buddy says , "it's time to go and say goodbye." I'll see you guys out on the trail and share a beer with you all or Martini's. Y'all have cool rigs. Takes a lot of COJONES to drive $40,000+ plus vehicles and not afraid to scratch or dent the sh** out of them.

Good luck fellas and be safe. Until next time.
83blazer
New User
New User

Vehicle: 83 K5 Blazer

Postby Chash3 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:22 am

Not true, I was in front of the big lifted job in my H3, and I had not problems getting up Gatekeeper...and I was pulled off to the side at the top of gatekeeper just incase someone else from another group came up the trail... I think the point is that we didn't plan on the H3 breaking a tie rod. If he was only stuck we would of just pulled him out and we would of let you by sooner...

BGM wrote:I When we got there only one made it thru, that was the big liffted job,

My fun is done here, have fun on the trails and maybe if we meet up again we can all kiss and make up 8)

No hard feelings take care and be safe
Chash3
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Postby Sean K. » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:45 pm

Blazer Hillbilly wrote:one of our guys found this thread accidentally, and realized that you guys were talking trash. the main thing is that you guys lacked overall trail etiquette. i was in the front of the drunken blazer hillbilly crew and asked the guy in the H1(i believe he goes by the name Glen), if it would be cool if we passed you guys(the hummer crew was obviously having problems at this point).

his response was that the hummer crew already had a rig halfway into the so called "gate keeper", so it would just slow you guys down to let us pass. he also went on to say, "what, do guys think you're just going to drive right thru here no problem?" my response was, "yes".

after about 2-3 hours of waiting for the hummer crew to get out of our way, we passed you guys in about 20 minutes. i believe we had about 8 age old rigs with us that stomped right thru the "hardcore" gatekeeper right in front of your faces. all we needed was for you guys to get your junk out of our way. i'm sorry you all spent the night there, we had dinner at about 7pm-ish. i also had a nice shower, just before dinner. would've been earlier, but i was waiting for a bunch of inconsiderate wheelers to get out of my way. i think our message is this, if you're slowing traffic down, please let the more experienced rigs pass you.

You guys seem to have selective memory. In case you forgot, you COULDN'T pass anyone b/c there was a broken H3 in the trail acting as a trail tampon that clogged the entire gatekeeper.

It wasn't a matter of anyone being "rude". It was a matter of having no way to move the vehicle since the steering had broken. He had to be winched via a snatch block and once he was out of the way, EVERY group (including your's) was allowed to pass.

As for "trash talk".....Get over it. There was very little negative said about you guys. If anything, you guys are giving just as good as you got.....and moreso, since you bothered to register and start complaining MONTHS after the fact.

Sean
Sean K.
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Sean K. » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:56 pm

BGM wrote:
Sean K. wrote:
Rich wrote:

On the one hand you have guys that have a legitimate point that rock stacking takes away the challenge for the more built guys and eventually (if nothing is done to "clear" the rocks) the trail will get so easy its trail rating will drop.

On the other, if you don't do ANY maintenance of the trail, it will often degrade so badly that vehicles that once were able to do the trail will not be able to complete it.

It's a balancing act.

In the case of JB, I haven't ever run it before, but even after it had been reworked on Saturday morning.....it seemed to me to be appropriate for a fairly stock rig as long as the driver was very experienced and had good spotters and a capable group.

As has been mentioned, JB is noted as one of the toughest trails in Southern CA.....and I think yesterday, right after the adopt-a-trail club cleaned it up, it was worthy of that rating for a mostly stock rig.

Honestly, by the time we and the rest of the 20+ rigs did the trail that day, I'm sure it has gotten a little easier b/c we all tossed plenty of rocks to get vehicles through when a bad line choice had been made.

I'm not opposed to tossing a rock to get someone going (especially if it's going to save a body panel). However, I think the lesson we all need to learn here is that if possible, try a better line. Most of the small stucks I witnessed could have been more easily rectified by backing up farther (I don't know how many times people only backed up a few inches or a few feet) and taking a completely different tack on the obstacle. Instead, the first thing that came to mind was to toss a rock here or there with very little positive affect on the situation.

I think had we had fewer vehicles and/or more available spotters, our carnage would have been much less and our speed would have drastically improved.....even with the number of stockish vehicles we had. As mentioned before, I think everyone's stress level was too high from the pressure of the other groups following which lead to poorer decision making.

Also, ratings are completey subjective and relative. I don't know what JB is rated. What I do know is that every area has its own rating system and that what's rated difficult in one area by one group is easy in another.

2 cents,
Sean

quoted for truth, you guys left each other to get over something, you could have been a better group together. ANd your buddy with the buggy could have pulled a few out instead of sending down a stock xj to tug with.

And now it's my fault I didn't go down and pull everyone out? You act like you know a lot about wheeling but obviously nothing about physics.

If I hook an ATV with a 2K lb winch to a dump truck, who gets pulled towards whom? Since there were no rocks to wedge my front end in on the hill, and the traction was pretty nill on the silty hillside (not to mention a little thing called gravity), do you think my much lighter buggy would be pulled toward the stuck vehicle or somehow I'd magically be able to pull a vehicle with zero steering that is beached on a rock up said hillside? ***ETA*** and hooking up and trying to pull them should have had an obvious result (as it did with the XJ). I was not driving a fullsize, heavy Chevy with a small block. I would expect experienced offroad gurus such as yourselves to understand that concept.****

For the record, I didn't send anyone down to do anything. I was an out of state guest who'd never been on the trail before. This was not my show, I wasn't the one running it and considering the horrible luck that day, the guy that was leading (Seth) did a pretty damn good job.

C'mon man. I'll take responsibilty for something when it's my fault, but this is ridiculous.

Sean
Last edited by Sean K. on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean K.
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Sean K. » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:59 pm

BGM wrote:
ronb wrote:I think EMS turned around early because his truck was gimping (not to mention being hung-over).

oh who was drunk on the trail than???

Reading comprehension (and physics) not your strong suits, huh? Hung over isn't the same as drunk.

Sean
Sean K.
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Sean K. » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:05 pm

PS....sorry for bringing this up a month later.

Just wanted to see if anyone had anything going in AZ over the Thanksgiving day holiday weekend.

Instead, I found another group of internet keyboard cowboys. Y'all sure were nice to my face when you passed by. Sad to see your true colors show up here now.

Sean
Sean K.
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby EMS Construction » Sat May 09, 2009 7:17 am

memories.........

misty water colored memories..........

of the way we were

..........we should so run john bull again.

this time ill bring a K5..........and a bunch of beer
EMS Construction
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: H2 on 40's

PreviousNext

Return to Club Events