Big Bear Hardcore Run on John Bull - May 17th

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

Re: Big Bear Hardcore Run on John Bull - May 17th

Postby Rich » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:08 pm

83blazer wrote: Well only two of us were drinking and that was because it was really hot and we had been waiting for a couple of hours.

So let me get this straight.... :duh: ...the only option yall had was an alcoholic beverage? :duh: That's even more ignorant than your post. Way to represent the off-road community! :roll:
Blow off responsibilities, growing up, and all the boring things in life and do something cool.
Rich
Chapter President - NorCal
Chapter President - NorCal

Vehicle: 04 HMCS Adv.

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:27 pm

83blazer wrote:I remember quite well that one of my friends wife's told this dumbass to go left but told her to be quiet because she was a woman and wouldn't know better.

I was not there so could say what happened on the rest of your statement but knowing this group I call BS on the above statement :roll:

As far as the drinking on the trail, I am glad to hear that your buddy was limited to 3 beers rather than just drinking all day long but that doesn't make it right. You have a far higher likelihood of hurting somebody on the trail than on the street so alcohol shouldn't have any place there.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby sfox » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:50 pm

83blazer wrote:You know I hate to bring up posts from the dead BUt you are going to anyways....but I think this one deserves to be brought backNot really. I was partAKA passenger of that "Impatient wheelers blah...blah...blah Well only two of us were drinking so it's OKand that was because it was really hot so it's even more OKand we had been waiting for a couple of hoursNow it's down-right unamerican not to drink..... I was not drivingsee passenger comment above therefore I wasn't a drunk hillbilly I was a drunk hillbillies companionas previously stated by a dumb ass that couldn't figure out the difference between going left and going right trying to get throughwow, that was just below the belt. My buddy was drinking but was limited to 3 beers once again this should be considered OKfor a total of 3 for more than 2 hours of waiting for 2 to get through and again this justifies everything including the lines of meth we did in the cab..... I also remember blah...blah...blah

Really? Seriously? You took the time to find this post....MONTHS after it was posted, sign up as a member, right up a moderatley coherent response, put down the pabst long enough to post and you hope to accomplish....what?

I never have understood this. You were all on the trail together, just obey the rules, be responsible stewards of the trails, have fun and help each other...otherwise you are just another drunk hillbilly with a POS blazer that had waaaay more than three beers.

S
sfox
Club Member
Club Member

Postby 83blazer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:38 pm

You guys can get all pissy and all just want to call it out the way I saw it. Just because it isn't a $40,000 truck that doesn't make it a POS. At least that POS made it through. How many of your trail worthy rigs made it through. Oh I forgot the day before someone moved the rocks and dirt which made it only harder for the Hummer's to get through. Someone intentionally screwed with gatekeeper to keep you out.

The girl thing was true even if that guy don't want to admit it. This is the same guy that kept barking orders for everyone to put rocks under his H3 to get it up higher instead of getting out of his truck to check what the hell he kept getting caught up on. Someone is very creative (sfox) you should spend some of that time getting your rig trailworthy. It might have been a POS blazer but it made it up with no problems. Sfox you should go out and stock rocks under the guys H3 instead of being creative with words.

I will take your advice and take a class on trail etiquette because my rig is not worthy of being at the same place as your trucks. Even the woman that was wearing golf clothes was getting tired of her man being stubborn and not listening to the guys that were offering the only logical advice. Just ask her about her complainting that day.

Not angry at all and was just surfing for John Bull trail and came up on this. Just thought I would chime in and say "HI" I was bored and felt like seeing what type of people you all are. Maybe next time I'll take a Martini and should get the OK with the hummer club.

Enjoy and flame on since you are butt hurt.
83blazer
New User
New User

Vehicle: 83 K5 Blazer

Postby Blazer Hillbilly » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:52 pm

one of our guys found this thread accidentally, and realized that you guys were talking trash. the main thing is that you guys lacked overall trail etiquette. i was in the front of the drunken blazer hillbilly crew and asked the guy in the H1(i believe he goes by the name Glen), if it would be cool if we passed you guys(the hummer crew was obviously having problems at this point).

his response was that the hummer crew already had a rig halfway into the so called "gate keeper", so it would just slow you guys down to let us pass. he also went on to say, "what, do guys think you're just going to drive right thru here no problem?" my response was, "yes".

after about 2-3 hours of waiting for the hummer crew to get out of our way, we passed you guys in about 20 minutes. i believe we had about 8 age old rigs with us that stomped right thru the "hardcore" gatekeeper right in front of your faces. all we needed was for you guys to get your junk out of our way. i'm sorry you all spent the night there, we had dinner at about 7pm-ish. i also had a nice shower, just before dinner. would've been earlier, but i was waiting for a bunch of inconsiderate wheelers to get out of my way. i think our message is this, if you're slowing traffic down, please let the more experienced rigs pass you.
Blazer Hillbilly
New User
New User

Vehicle: ancient junk

Postby EMS Construction » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:03 pm

all hail the K5 !!!!!!!!!

and i wish this club had a little more drunken hillbilly in them!

the only problem i had on jbt was waiting for my crew and diareah

as for the blazer crew, they had there problems too, dont try and act like jb dint get its grips on you guys too. they had to drag one rig thru 80 percent of the trial after it snapped its axle......and i waited behind them.

but seriously......this was old news...and if you guys are still sore about stuff from march ....... your club must not get out much

and i like blazers.....alot......way more than jeeps.

and ill party with drunken hill billys any day of the week......actully its what i do most

this is why i left this forum......

you people care WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much about trial buisness

there much more important things in life....then how you climb over rocks

p.s. alec is a doooooosh

party on!

eRic
2003 H2 LUX

you can go fast......I CAN GO ANYWHERE!
EMS Construction
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: H2 on 40's

Postby ronb » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:13 pm

It's funny this thread is back -- I wanted to go on this trip but I bailed because my truck was sporting new/un-tested mods and the trip was just getting too crowded. I have been down jbt many times and almost every time there's another group or someone we wait on whether it's from inexperience or a breakdown.

I'm sorry you guys had to wait and weren't allowed to pass, and that your delicate sensibilities were offended by being called drunken hillbilies and one of the wheelers not listening to a woman in your group. That being said, I believe all the hummers you are comparing to your modded blazers to were bone stock (except the lifted green h2).

and Alec is not a douche

rb
97.5 hmco with lots of goodies
ronb
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 97.5 hummer

Postby Alec W » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:42 pm

ronb wrote:and Alec is not a douche

WTF, I’m a total douche. :lol: :lol: :lol:. Well ok maybe not since I was sober when I ran JBT and had zero drama.
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Unlimited Rubicon

Postby ronb » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:49 pm

don't get me wrong here...you're a "doooooosh", not a douche!
97.5 hmco with lots of goodies
ronb
Trail Expert
Trail Expert

Vehicle: 97.5 hummer

Postby Alec W » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:52 pm

ronb wrote:don't get me wrong here...you're a "doooooosh", not a douche!

Glad we have that settled, I was worried for a minute :lol:
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Unlimited Rubicon

Postby beavis » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:54 pm

Just thought I would chime in and say "HI" I was bored and felt like seeing what type of people you all are.

Funny way of just saying Hi........
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Spyder Kar

Postby H2Finally » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:03 am

DUDE! The chipped-shoulder attitude about Hummer is so 2004.. Nowadays Hummers are really NOT A BIG DEAL anymore. It's just another (albeit, the best-looking) 4x4.

HXC (this club) has always been about off-roading -- not stuck-up attitude about Hummers. In fact many of the founders are now driving (ugly) Jeeps. Even in this JBT trip (way back when), we had H1, H2, H3, bone stock Cherokee (which did amazing), and amazingly-built-up Jeeps. Any KING-OF-THE-WORLD impression you got were simply YOUR paranoia.

The "ugly Jeep" (while true) and other POS name-calling you see between members here are made in jest & good-fun EXACTLY BECAUSE it's between HXC members who are friends & have wheeled with each other plenty of times.

The "drunken hillbilly" comment would apply to anyone dumb-as s enough to drink while driving, regardless (beer or martini). In this day n age of trail closure EVERYWHERE, there is no excuse for wheelers to be so irresponsible.

Although, come to think of it (again, this trip was like, last century..) -- I didn't think your group (while impatient) were markedly inebriated. In fact, Seth in page 17 said "We already had 4 people through gatekeeper when a large group of Blazers pulled up behind us. We spent quite a bit of time getting a few more people through while they waited and I am sure it was trying their patience. However, from what I saw, they were very gracious for the most part. They had their words, but they never seemed to get mouthy. But maybe I just didn't hear it. When they passed they waived and they had a good laugh when their guy with the front and rear lockers got stuck." Btw, we weren't holding you up because (some of us) drove Hummers -- but because a rig busted a tie-rod at a weird angle, and it was a bit tricky to get him out of the way (so we don't block the trail) to do repairs.

After your group went through though, there were 2 more rigs whose drivers were COMPLETELY F-UPED DRUNK, crashing through every rock (all you hear were "BOOM! BANG! CRASH!"), before busting their rig for good and had to turn around.

So, chill-out already and just wheel (responsibly).

Oh yes, forgot my manners.. HI!
H2Finally
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '04 Pewter H2 Bling2

Postby BGM » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:07 pm

They kicked the guy out of the group who had the liffted blazer who had to be winched up. Those guys are mean.

YOU GOT STUCK THERE
THATS HOW ITS DONE
BEAUTIFUL BUNCH OF HILLBILLYS

OK what the hell did you break on anyways??? that was a tough spot I guess :duh:
BGM
New User
New User

Vehicle: K5 Blazer

Postby BGM » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Sean K. wrote:
Rich wrote:

On the one hand you have guys that have a legitimate point that rock stacking takes away the challenge for the more built guys and eventually (if nothing is done to "clear" the rocks) the trail will get so easy its trail rating will drop.

On the other, if you don't do ANY maintenance of the trail, it will often degrade so badly that vehicles that once were able to do the trail will not be able to complete it.

It's a balancing act.

In the case of JB, I haven't ever run it before, but even after it had been reworked on Saturday morning.....it seemed to me to be appropriate for a fairly stock rig as long as the driver was very experienced and had good spotters and a capable group.

As has been mentioned, JB is noted as one of the toughest trails in Southern CA.....and I think yesterday, right after the adopt-a-trail club cleaned it up, it was worthy of that rating for a mostly stock rig.

Honestly, by the time we and the rest of the 20+ rigs did the trail that day, I'm sure it has gotten a little easier b/c we all tossed plenty of rocks to get vehicles through when a bad line choice had been made.

I'm not opposed to tossing a rock to get someone going (especially if it's going to save a body panel). However, I think the lesson we all need to learn here is that if possible, try a better line. Most of the small stucks I witnessed could have been more easily rectified by backing up farther (I don't know how many times people only backed up a few inches or a few feet) and taking a completely different tack on the obstacle. Instead, the first thing that came to mind was to toss a rock here or there with very little positive affect on the situation.

I think had we had fewer vehicles and/or more available spotters, our carnage would have been much less and our speed would have drastically improved.....even with the number of stockish vehicles we had. As mentioned before, I think everyone's stress level was too high from the pressure of the other groups following which lead to poorer decision making.

Also, ratings are completey subjective and relative. I don't know what JB is rated. What I do know is that every area has its own rating system and that what's rated difficult in one area by one group is easy in another.

2 cents,
Sean

quoted for truth, you guys left each other to get over something, you could have been a better group together. ANd your buddy with the buggy could have pulled a few out instead of sending down a stock xj to tug with.
BGM
New User
New User

Postby BGM » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:49 pm

ronb wrote:I think EMS turned around early because his truck was gimping (not to mention being hung-over).

oh who was drunk on the trail than???
BGM
New User
New User

PreviousNext

Return to Club Events