Big Bear Hardcore Run on John Bull - May 17th

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

Re: Big Bear Hardcore Run on John Bull - May 17th

Postby Alec W » Mon May 19, 2008 10:44 pm

When I ran JBT following H1s it changed while I watched them literally move rocks just driving on them. I never could pick a line until it was my turn and that’s just the way JBT is.
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Unlimited Rubicon

Postby Alec W » Mon May 19, 2008 11:53 pm

Rich wrote:Maybe it's just me, but wheeling seems to be changing. Rather than the challenge driving something even close to street legal - it seems people would rather build something extreme, trailer it and call the trail easy.

Not really. Some of us kept looking at those impossible lines for years and want to go there.
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby H2Finally » Tue May 20, 2008 3:48 pm

Alec W wrote:When I ran JBT following H1s it changed while I watched them literally move rocks just driving on them. I never could pick a line until it was my turn and that’s just the way JBT is.
Exactly. JBT does not have challenging obstacles like in most trails. The challenge in JBT is the fact that the trail of loose boulders "moves" with the rig right in front of you. That's why you need to concentrate to pick the right line every time, & can't just "I'll follow what the guy in front of me is doing" -- which is why I enjoyed it so much despite being a short trail & not scenic.

This is also the primary problem why it's difficult to take memorable pictures on JBT. The boulders/cambers etc themselves not challenging-looking, and you can't photograph "the right line".
H2Finally
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '04 Pewter H2 Bling2

Postby Sean K. » Tue May 20, 2008 7:52 pm

H2Finally wrote:
Alec W wrote:which is why I enjoyed it so much despite being a short trail & not scenic.

Not scenic?? :) I thought it was very pretty...but you gotta remember: here in AZ, there isn't any trees or grass....just cactus and canyons. As for length....most of ours are a mile or less.....there's only a few harder trails that are longer.

Sean
Sean K.
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Seth » Tue May 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Sean K. wrote:
Alec W wrote:which is why I enjoyed it so much despite being a short trail & not scenic.

Not scenic?? :) I thought it was very pretty...but you gotta remember: here in AZ, there isn't any trees or grass....just cactus and canyons. As for length....most of ours are a mile or less.....there's only a few harder trails that are longer.

Sean

That's what I thought as well. I thought it was beautiful. But then I remember that Alec is from CO and he is spoiled with it's beauty.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby EMS Construction » Tue May 20, 2008 8:35 pm

horace said it wasnt scenic not alec :no:

and i thought it was very scenic.......

but i dint see any bathrooms or gift shops or del taco :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2003 H2 LUX

you can go fast......I CAN GO ANYWHERE!
EMS Construction
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: H2 on 40's

Postby Seth » Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm

EMS Construction wrote:horace said it wasnt scenic not alec :no:

Oops, my bad. Sorry Alec.

Shame on you Horace. :lol: ;)
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Alec W » Tue May 20, 2008 10:58 pm

EMS Construction wrote:del taco :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO, from what I read a sloppy burrito wouldn’t have helped your unfortunate situation at all :lol: :lol: :P :P

BTW I can sympathies and don’t remember the last time I had a solid…… well.. you get the idea :yuck:
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Lensman » Wed May 21, 2008 1:54 am

EMS Construction wrote:horace said it wasnt scenic not alec :no:

Dude
I saw a bathroom. Remember it was the third tree to the left. If you used it would have ruined the scenery........... Not to mention the ambiance............................................... LOL :lol: :yuck:
Rubicon Unlimited, Rescue Green, Warn bumper, Aux lighting, Warn Powerplant, Warn dif protecectors, Rock Hard Rear Bumper all accessories, 4.88, 35x12.50MT on 17"Moto Metals, Edelbrock Extreme Travel shocks, Russell ext S,S, brake lines, Superlift 4'' CAI, Magna Flow, Cobra CB, Staun deflators, Huskey mats, Grab Handles, set up to flat tow, Oil, tranny muffler & control arm skids, 1310 custom shaft, Chrome, sils, grill inserts & light cages, Fire Extinguisher.
Lensman
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: Jeep JK Rubicon

Postby EMS Construction » Wed May 21, 2008 2:24 am

dude if i would have handled buisness there..........

they would have had to close the trail....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2003 H2 LUX

you can go fast......I CAN GO ANYWHERE!
EMS Construction
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: H2 on 40's

Postby Sean K. » Thu May 22, 2008 10:52 pm

JIC someone doens't see it in the other thread.....Stacey says she's going to load the video tomorrow. I'll post it here or link it here from the picture thread. :)

Sean
Sean K.
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Sean K. » Fri May 23, 2008 8:53 pm

Videos are loaded here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7569&start=45

Enjoy!

Sean
Sean K.
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby 83blazer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:19 pm

You know I hate to bring up posts from the dead but I think this one deserves to be brought back. I was part of that "Impatient wheelers (the blazer group)" that muddyH3 talked about and "there were a couple groups behind us at the "gate keeper" and they were waiting for quite a while........and they were um........well they were mostly drunk hillbilly's in giant lifted beat up blazers.........so there patience was......um not that great" I believe by EMS construction. Well only two of us were drinking and that was because it was really hot and we had been waiting for a couple of hours. I was not driving therefore I wasn't a drunk hillbilly as previously stated by a dumb ass that couldn't figure out the difference between going left and going right trying to get through. My buddy was drinking but was limited to 3 beers for a total of 3 for more than 2 hours of waiting for 2 to get through. I also remember 2 hummers getting stuck at the beginning of the rock garden. The small section before gatekeeper. It was made of a few small boulders. If you couldn't get through that then what made you think you could get through the gatekeeper. If I was a drunkhillbilly then that makes you a dumbass because you should have figured out your truck was not capable of going further. I remember quite well that one of my friends wife's told this dumbass to go left but told her to be quiet because she was a woman and wouldn't know better. Guess what he should have listened to her. The driver fell in a rut and had to use the winch. She had more common sense then the driver. Yes, we were being patient but that is because you (hummer group) was holding everyone up for 2 or more hours.

If you had already held up everyone for 2+ hours then it should have been common courtesy to let everyone else through first. Some of you were very green, wet behind the ears and still had your milk sucking teeth attached should learn trail etiquette.

Don't run your mouth if you don't know what your talking about. You need to stop bitching, whining about the rocks and loose dirt and figure out what you need to do to your trucks next time so ou won't hold up a group of drunk hillbillies.

Don't bash another group just because they made it through in less than 20 minutes when you had already been there for more than 2 hours.

Well those giant, lifted, beat up Blazers made it through with no problems. How about the Hummers how many made it through?
83blazer
New User
New User

Vehicle: 83 K5 Blazer

Postby Bellvis » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Wow, 5 months later? Really? :duh: :roll:
Miss you Rich! Thank's for all the memories!
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: The Boobicon

Postby beavis » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:49 pm

I wasn't there, but perhaps we could sell you some WOW gold to help ease the anger? :lol:
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Spyder Kar

PreviousNext

Return to Club Events