NV Chapter -- April 23, 2006 one-day event.

Event Planning for official HXC Events and HXC Members gatherings

Postby Bondage » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:12 am

[quote=\"Toots\"]

Anyhoo, I'm finally going to wash my rig from our last mud trip (Yes Rich, it's still that dirty!) and I'll be ready to go!
[/quote]

I got mine clean, finally. Man, that mud left the strangest residue!!!! The guys had to take little soft brushes and really scub it off!!!! Then, after I got it home, I had to do it again!!!!! It happens mostly on the black plastic parts - leaves a weird residue that's tough to remove! Oh, and my PIAAs............I ran to the store at night through my \"shortcut\" (Rich and Beavis know that one :D ) and they were not very effective. I took the rock guards off and scubbed them - they had the same weird film/residue on them! I can't believe I avoided most of those mud holes - and then finally took the last one. :x I don't think it was worth it. :lol: :lol:
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston
Vehicle: BLACK H2

Postby Dave Compson » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:53 am

Yesterday i did most of the install on the cb. Today is the hard part.. running the antena wire. Moment of pause for drama...

Anyway, im sure ill come up with something. Still dont know if i need to ground the antennas yet or not? Anybody..
Dave Compson
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bondage » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:58 am

[quote=\"Dave Compson\"]Yesterday i did most of the install on the cb. Today is the hard part.. running the antena wire. Moment of pause for drama...

Anyway, im sure ill come up with something. Still dont know if i need to ground the antennas yet or not? Anybody..[/quote]

Since you are mounting them on the crossbar, they will probably work infinitely better if you ground them. A simple wire from the underside of the mount to the track would do the trick. Look closely at the pics I sent you of G's mounts and you'll see the ground wires.
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston

Postby Dave Compson » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:16 am

Cool, will do.. Its on my list of things to do today. Now, i need to get off this blasted computer. Darn thing takes up way too much time.
Dave Compson
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Toots » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:31 am

[quote=\"beavis\"]
Sorry for the disappearing act but I've up to my knees in mud. Yes, I actually meant that! You know how I am about the flowers Rod! I've been planting and planting and planting!!

Good to hear....

Me too :D :D :D

Our yard is jumping with blooms right now[/quote]

Those pictures were incredible!! I'm very jealous! :x I'm now in the process of tryin to make my yard looks like yours! Give me a couple of years and I'll send you pics! :lol:
Toots
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: FJ TRD SE

Postby Toots » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:31 am

[quote=\"beavis\"]
Sorry for the disappearing act but I've up to my knees in mud. Yes, I actually meant that! You know how I am about the flowers Rod! I've been planting and planting and planting!!

Good to hear....

Me too :D :D :D

Our yard is jumping with blooms right now[/quote]

Those pictures were incredible!! I'm very jealous! :x I'm now in the process of tryin to make my yard looks like yours! Give me a couple of years and I'll send you pics! :lol:
Toots
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: FJ TRD SE

Postby PhilD » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:29 pm

If you just use the coax shield for gorund you will usually be fine. That's all I've ever done and never had any problems.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rod » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:37 pm

[quote=\"Toots\"]Those pictures were incredible!![/quote]

What pictures?

And how are you planting all those flowers? It's not desert where you live? And what's this thread about?
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '99 HMC4 | '05 SUT

Postby Dave Compson » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:44 pm

[quote=\"PhilD\"]If you just use the coax shield for gorund you will usually be fine. That's all I've ever done and never had any problems.[/quote]

Coax shield? So, just hook it up as they show (firestik) and see what the swr says?

Thanks.
Dave Compson
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PhilD » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:48 pm

[quote=\"Dave Compson\"]Coax shield? So, just hook it up as they show (firestik) and see what the swr says?[/quote]That's what I'd try first, then if you don't get a good SWR you may have to mess around a bit.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby PhilD » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:55 pm

Have a great trip everyone :D
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bondage » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:57 pm

[quote=\"PhilD\"]Have a great trip everyone :D[/quote]

Thank you, Phil.....and thank you again and again and again for this wonderful forum! :D 8)
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Postby Dave Compson » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:04 pm

Thanks phil, ill give it a try. Hey rod, can i borrow you and the swr meter to see if i have a good hookup? Also, im going to call you in a little while to talk about cb stuff. Just a warning.

Dave
Dave Compson
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rod » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:06 pm

[quote=\"Dave Compson\"]Thanks phil, ill give it a try. Hey rod, can i borrow you and the swr meter to see if i have a good hookup? Also, im going to call you in a little while to talk about cb stuff. Just a warning.

Dave[/quote]

I'm here!
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Rod » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:08 pm

PS. Try me on my office phone first. If no answer, cell, which doesn't do too well where I'm sitting.
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to Club Events