Yosemite Area Trails

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

Yosemite Area Trails

Postby GroundAndPound » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Does anybody have any recommendations on Yosemite area off-road trails? The wife and I are making a road trip in May to explore the area and any input would be appreciated. I have a subscription to Trails.com but was looking for some firsthand accounts and recommendations ... probably easy/moderate with a premium on scenery since we're flying solo. I searched the site but didn't find any threads on the subject. Thanks!
Nitto Terra Grappler A/T, Eagle Alloy 16" Wheels, OEM UCP, Rocky Road Sliders, Trail Duty Shock Plates, Torsion Bar Lift, Bilstein Front Shocks, +1/2" Extended Bump Stops, PCMforless Tune, Air-Doc Intake, K&N Air Filter, Eaton E-Locker
GroundAndPound
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 2008 Hummer H3

Re: Yosemite Area Trails

Postby stjames151 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:32 pm

I lived in the area a while back. There's not much in the way of trails, more like dirt roads. If you go out to Bass Lake and toward North Fork, there are some cool destinations in the bad-lands around Mammoth Pool. There is some FAWKIN HARD stuff around Sonora, and upper Mariposa County, but lots of that fell victim to the fires, and anything that was open when I was there may be closed to vehicular access. If you're down for a drive, Mono is pretty this time of year. I'll see what I can find. If you want a decent trail for certain, hit up the Shaver area if its not too far out of your way.
I finally know my calling in life! I'm an a asshole!
I feel sorry for all the soldiers and intelligence officers who over the last century have worked hard to defeat communism, only to have it elected by "choice".
stjames151
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: El Peo Chiquito

Postby Sewie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:51 pm

There isn't really anything around Yosemite itself, as far as I know. Like James said, there is some stuff around Mono Lake. Otherwise you'll need to head north to the trails off Hwys 108 or 4, or south to the Shaver Lake area.
Sewie
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: '74 EB

Postby Chash3 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Got some info from Sewie when I went... See link..

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4958&p=95693&hilit=yosemite#p95693
Chash3
Honorary Club Member
Honorary Club Member

Postby GroundAndPound » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:38 am

Thanks, guys. I'll take a look and post pictures after our trip in May for future reference.
Nitto Terra Grappler A/T, Eagle Alloy 16" Wheels, OEM UCP, Rocky Road Sliders, Trail Duty Shock Plates, Torsion Bar Lift, Bilstein Front Shocks, +1/2" Extended Bump Stops, PCMforless Tune, Air-Doc Intake, K&N Air Filter, Eaton E-Locker
GroundAndPound
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Seth » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:56 pm

GroundAndPound wrote:Thanks, guys. I'll take a look and post pictures after our trip in May for future reference.

You going to be around for the Big Bear Run in May?
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby GroundAndPound » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Yep ... looking forward to Big Bear on the 17th and Moab in June. I might make another trip out to Anza before then so let me know if you have a free day and want to hit the trails.
GroundAndPound
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Return to Trail Talk