Trails out west

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

Trails out west

Postby AZH3 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:25 am

I'm planning a trip out to the west coast and was wondering what trails would be a must to go on.I'm planning on having my 3 and my dad's Rubicon shipped out to Las Vegas, for a starting point and about two weeks of driving around and trail riding. So any suggestions on where to go would be awesome.
Adventure, windows black, leveled, 35's, brush gaurd, 2 delta's, 4 PIAA 520's, new driving and fog lights, gobia ranger rack with latter, and XD9000i
AZH3
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 07 H3 Adventure

Re: Trails out west

Postby beavis » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:53 am

From Las Vegas, I can think of three great destinations:

Death Valley

Last Chance Canyon / Nightmare Gulch in Red Rock State Park

The Mojave Road.

Then depending upon if you go North or South in California, lots of trails await.

Of course you can go South from Vegas and run the Arizona trails, or head East and do Moab.
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Spyder Kar

Re: Trails out west

Postby alrock » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:17 pm

What kind of trails are you looking for? I think you'll get a better response if we know how you wanna wheel. Will it just be the two vehicles or will on some trails you might hook up with locals, like from here? I wouldn't recommend some of the harder stuff unless you had more than two vehicles.

Moab, though, is a must. You can see so much with mild to wild trails and many are well traveled, so even if you have issues help isn't far away.

If you look at AZ there are trails around Daniel's area of Ft. Mojave and down the left side. For the rest of AZ it starts about halfway down the state, including around Sedona, and moves south including all sides of Phoenix.
alrock
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

Vehicle: 2007 H3

Return to Trail Talk