FunTreks provides downloadable GPS coords

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

FunTreks provides downloadable GPS coords

Postby Sewie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 pm

FunTreks (aka. Charles Wells' guide books) now has their GPS coordinates available for download. 8)

http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?main_ ... 1a8f3531cf
Sewie
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: '74 EB

Re: FunTreks provides downloadable GPS coords

Postby Seth » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:41 pm

That is great news. I look forward to trying these out on my next run. I do notice that his coordinates are a little outdated. I hope he updates the SoCal book like he did the Moab book. It would be cool to have color pics and updated information.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Sewie » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:46 pm

Seth wrote:I hope he updates the SoCal book like he did the Moab book. It would be cool to have color pics and updated information.

He was working the FunTreks booth at EJS back in March. I asked if he had any plans to update the CA books and he said no. :(
Sewie
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: '74 EB

Postby Seth » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Sewie wrote:
Seth wrote:I hope he updates the SoCal book like he did the Moab book. It would be cool to have color pics and updated information.

He was working the FunTreks booth at EJS back in March. I asked if he had any plans to update the CA books and he said no. :(

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby reginaliya » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:04 am

What is a good SIM phone with GPS capability and how does it work?
I am currently with Cingular/AT&T and I would like to buy a new unlocked phone that has GPS or some type of google maps application. I actually have two questions about this: First, what is a good compatible phone? Second, how exactly does the application work when it is on your cell phone? Do I need a data plan? Or is it just an application that I can use for free? Thanks in advance!
reginaliya
New User
New User

Postby joecnc2006 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:15 am

reginaliya wrote:What is a good SIM phone with GPS capability and how does it work?
I am currently with Cingular/AT&T and I would like to buy a new unlocked phone that has GPS or some type of google maps application. I actually have two questions about this: First, what is a good compatible phone? Second, how exactly does the application work when it is on your cell phone? Do I need a data plan? Or is it just an application that I can use for free? Thanks in advance!

I have sprint service and a mogal ppc6800 pocketpc phone which has built in GPS Reciever on Com4 and the phone uses windows mobile 6.1,

For GPS I use Garmin XT, I can upload topo maps and aerials as well as their terrain and marine maps.
Also Use GPS Tunner, as where i can upload my own maps and calibrate them to the GPS.
And of course the Goole Maps standby with satellite view.
Thanks,
Joe

www.joescnc.com
joecnc2006
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: '06 Hummer H2 SUV

Return to Trail Talk