Bear Attack..!!!

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

Bear Attack..!!!

Postby The Other Rob » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm just at a loss for words on this one..

This is an ATV smear campaign and is actually quite silly considering the vehicles portrayed in the psa have factory installed spark arrestors!

http://www.smokeybear.com/
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Re: Bear Attack..!!!

Postby Sewie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:09 am

Ridiculous!!! :x :wall: If you look at most of the wildfires, they are usually caused by either unattended campfires (often by hikers) or natural causes like lightning. Very few are caused by vehicles. :no:
Sewie
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: '74 EB

Postby PhilD » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:23 am

That is pretty sad and misleading to say the least :wall: :wall: :wall:

We actually do have wild fires started by vehicles down here, but not from "sparks". Idiots drive in the dunes (where it is illegal to drive) get stuck, and then the cat sets fire to the dry grass. They usually lose the stuck vehicle in the fire as a few hundred acres burns down, but to the general public they just see how 4x4 vehicles are ripping up the dunes illegally and causing fires.
PhilD
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Alec W » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:49 pm

You just have to keep fighting the anti-access crowd with facts to counter this type of BS. FWIW I renewed my Blue Ribbon membership this week. The BRC is one of the few organizations that represent all the OHV groups and fights the legal battles against the anti-access groups.
Alec W
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Unlimited Rubicon

Postby Seth » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:34 pm

That is truly a sad and misleading video. I never expected Smokey to let me down like that. :(
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Rob85635 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:32 am

Ridiculous!!! :x :wall: If you look at most of the wildfires, they are usually caused by either unattended campfires (often by hikers) or natural causes like lightning. Very few are caused by vehicles. :no:

True, but where I live (right on the Mexican border) another source of fires is illegal immigration. I am not trying to open a can of worms, I am just stating the truth. Over the last 5 years we have had numerous fires caused by this. Just something else to consider.

Rob
Rob85635
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: Hummer H3 2007

Postby stjames151 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:42 am

Rob85635 wrote:

True, but where I live (right on the Mexican border) another source of fires is illegal immigration. I am not trying to open a can of worms, I am just stating the truth. Over the last 5 years we have had numerous fires caused by this. Just something else to consider.

Rob

HMMMMM.... I haven't heard of similar problems on the Canadian border, you must me making it up. :P
I finally know my calling in life! I'm an a asshole!
I feel sorry for all the soldiers and intelligence officers who over the last century have worked hard to defeat communism, only to have it elected by "choice".
stjames151
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: El Peo Chiquito

Postby The Other Rob » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:06 am

Response from the Ad Council
Ad Council.jpg
(161.43 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

Response from Blue Ribbon
Blue Ribbon.jpg
(139.1 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Well.. I was trying to get 'em where you could see 'em without downloading and all that other crap, but frankly it's 2am and I just don't give a rat's ass right now.. Enjoy 'em anyway :lol:
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Robo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:40 pm

First impressions...

1) Teen Wolf chick was freaking me out :o
2) Smokey needs to put a shirt on, he's got that, Deliverance thing going on or something
3) Why do both the Ad Council and the BRC talk about Smokey the Bear as if he were real, living, breathing thing :duh:
4) TOR, get some sleep :lol:
5) Oh yeah, that add was very misleading
The Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights guarantees our Freedom and our Rights. They do not protect them.
Protect your Freedom. Protect your Rights.

http://www.nraila.org
Robo
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Catch and release H3

Postby flyin6 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:19 am

Rob85635 wrote:

Rob

If you guys down there introduced them to .50 cal tracer fire, they'd stop coming...but then again those tracers cause fires also, hmmm, sorry...
07 Black/black SUT, Lux, Nav, sunroof
H20 Bumper, T-Max 9K, synthetic combo winch line, Cognito control arms/steering components, Fabtech tie rods, Bilstien Shocks, 1/2 ton Torsion Bar Keys, Electric fans, Nelson Performance harness, Volant CAI, Diablo Predator, custom tune, Dyna-Tech LT headers, high flow cats, Magna-Flow muffler, Custom tire carrier, custom rear air bags, modified rock rails, Relocated aft sway bar and rear shock mounts, Ride-Tech air springs. Rear sway bar quick disconnects.
flyin6
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

Vehicle: 2007 H2 SUT

Postby Seth » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:53 pm

flyin6 wrote:If you guys down there introduced them to .50 cal tracer fire, they'd stop coming...but then again those tracers cause fires also, hmmm, sorry...

Although a favorite of the local border militia, the gov't seems to frown on that sort of thing. :lol:
Seth

Postby beavis » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:09 pm

Some hikers just got attacked by a bear in the mountains East of Bakersfield, California.
beavis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: Spyder Kar

Postby Seth » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:46 pm

beavis wrote:Some hikers just got attacked by a bear in the mountains East of Bakersfield, California.

And out of left field comes the beav. :lol: :lol: Ok, maybe left center since it involves a bear and an attack. :lol:
Seth

Postby flyin6 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:04 am

Seth wrote:
flyin6 wrote:If you guys down there introduced them to .50 cal tracer fire, they'd stop coming...but then again those tracers cause fires also, hmmm, sorry...

Although a favorite of the local border militia, the gov't seems to frown on that sort of thing. :lol:

...not necessarily....
07 Black/black SUT, Lux, Nav, sunroof
H20 Bumper, T-Max 9K, synthetic combo winch line, Cognito control arms/steering components, Fabtech tie rods, Bilstien Shocks, 1/2 ton Torsion Bar Keys, Electric fans, Nelson Performance harness, Volant CAI, Diablo Predator, custom tune, Dyna-Tech LT headers, high flow cats, Magna-Flow muffler, Custom tire carrier, custom rear air bags, modified rock rails, Relocated aft sway bar and rear shock mounts, Ride-Tech air springs. Rear sway bar quick disconnects.
flyin6
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

Vehicle: 2007 H2 SUT

Postby Sewie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:37 am

Despite the jokes on this thread, this IS a serious matter. This is an ad sponsored in part by the USDA Forest Service that has a blatant anti-OHV message. These are your tax dollars being used to produce propaganda against you and our community. Whether you ride ATV's or not, we're all in this together - and who do you think they'll come after next. :x

The folks at Pirate4x4 have put together a letter generator for responding to "hot" land use issues. If you get a minute, let the FS and the Ad Council know how you feel about their propaganda. If I can do it (I hate writing letters :where: ), so can you. :yup:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/letters/
Sewie
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: '74 EB

Next

Return to Trail Talk