Rubicon Trail Info Needed

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

Rubicon Trail Info Needed

Postby Jason » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:42 pm

I've heard that the bypasses on the Rubicon Trail have been closed. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Jason
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 08 Rubicon Unlimited

Re: Rubicon Trail Info Needed

Postby Sewie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:59 pm

There are still bypasses open for most of the tougher sections. A few have been closed, but they were often illegal bypasses to begin with.

Plenty of good info out there. The Pirate4x4 Rubicon forum is the best for the most up to date info. And Del Albright's site has a ton of info about the trail.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29

http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/start.htm
Sewie
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: '74 EB

Postby Jason » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Okay, I'd heard "all" the bypasses were closed. Made me think twice about the trailer idea...hahahaha. Actually, I was more concerned for people who were wanting to go, but didn't have enough rig to get through it without taking an occasional bypass. That would have caused problems with next year's event.

Thanks for the links!
Jason
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 08 Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Sewie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:39 am

Jason wrote:Okay, I'd heard "all" the bypasses were closed. Made me think twice about the trailer idea...hahahaha.

I'd still think twice about the trailer idea. :where: The bypasses can still be tough. And there are plenty of really tough areas that don't have bypasses.
Sewie
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: '74 EB

Postby Rich » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:23 pm

Sewie wrote:I'd still think twice about the trailer idea. :where: The bypasses can still be tough. And there are plenty of really tough areas that don't have bypasses.

X2. I've only seen a few of the easier sections of this trail and it;s nothing I would consider taking any trailer on. :no: Don't underestimate the trail. A couple of the trail books reserve their 10 rating for the rubicon alone. ;)
Blow off responsibilities, growing up, and all the boring things in life and do something cool.
Rich
Chapter President - NorCal
Chapter President - NorCal

Vehicle: 04 HMCS Adv.

Return to Trail Talk