ARIZONA OFFROADERS UNITE

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

ARIZONA OFFROADERS UNITE

Postby Roadrashmike » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:30 pm

HEY TOO ALL THE ARIZONA OFFROADERS.I AM WRITING THIS THREAD TOO GET EVERYBODY THAT ENJOYS THE GREAT STATE OF ARIZONA`S BACK COUNTRY.
AZVJC IS LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO COME AND HELP CLEAN UP A GREAT OFF RAOD TRAIL."BUTCHER JONES"i/e THE ROLLS.
We will be going next Saturday,July 26th starting at 9:00am in the beach parking lot near the trail head (cattle guard).
You will need to bring able bodies,a hat, sun screen,gloves,alot of stuff to keep yourself hydrated,snacks and a lunch.
Some of you may want to bring a rake and a shovel.
Trash bags and small trailers can be helpful.
Large dumpsters will be there.provided by Waste management
SO PLEASE COME,HELP US,BEFORE THEY CLOSE THIS GREAT TRAIL TO THE PUBLIC.
You can PM me if you need more info. THANKS
Roadrashmike
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: `85 CJ7

Re: ARIZONA OFFROADERS UNITE

Postby alrock » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:10 pm

Sounds great, thanks for posting this. I'll try and make it out there - I ought to be there, I use this area more than any other area.

Ya know, with all these petty thieves stealing metals, if they just picked up the shell casings on this trail they could retire on the money they'd get for all of that metal :lol: :lol: :lol:
alrock
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

Vehicle: 2007 H3

Postby Rob85635 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:28 am

Newbie here, but I live in AZ. What part of the state is this in?

Rob
Rob85635
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: Hummer H3 2007

Postby mnstrh2 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:15 am

to bad there hasnt been more activity for this thread :duh: :duh:

Im was going to attend and make this note be my RSVP......however Friday last week my ailing grandmother passed.... I will be in Cali most of this week and the services are actually next Sat......

Come on Hummer crew! We all use that area to get out for a "quickie"........ :evil: and we offroad there too!!! :lol: :lol:

Lets not forget even those few and far between Hummer events go there and give us free food and goodies.

Sean
2006 Jeep Unlimited, 4 lift, 33" BFG KM2's, cut and trimmed for trail duty
mnstrh2
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 06 Jeep

Postby Seth » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:34 pm

Rob85635 wrote:Newbie here, but I live in AZ. What part of the state is this in?

Rob

Only because no one else in the area has responded, I believe this trail is located outside of Phoenix on the north shore of Saguaro Lake.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Seth » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:35 pm

mnstrh2 wrote:to bad there hasnt been more activity for this thread :duh: :duh:

Im was going to attend and make this note be my RSVP......however Friday last week my ailing grandmother passed.... I will be in Cali most of this week and the services are actually next Sat......

Come on Hummer crew! We all use that area to get out for a "quickie"........ :evil: and we offroad there too!!! :lol: :lol:

Lets not forget even those few and far between Hummer events go there and give us free food and goodies.

Sean

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope you have a safe trip out here and back. If you're up for a little wheeling while you're here, let me know and we can go hit up something.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby alrock » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:14 pm

Seth wrote:
Rob85635 wrote:Newbie here, but I live in AZ. What part of the state is this in?

Rob

Only because no one else in the area has responded, I believe this trail is located outside of Phoenix on the north shore of Saguaro Lake.

wow, it took a SoCal dude to respond to this - thanks, Seth. Yes, the Butcher Jones area is NE of Fountain Hills, off of the Beeline Hwy, then to the Bush Hwy. PM me if you want details and directions.
alrock
Trail Guide
Trail Guide

Vehicle: 2007 H3

Postby Jerry S. » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:27 am

Sean, sorry to hear about your grandma. Have a safe trip to Calif. I'm planning on being there Saturday. Would a pick up truck be more helpful than a Hummer?
Jerry S.
Chapter Vice President - Arizona
Chapter Vice President - Arizona

Postby mnstrh2 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:54 am

Hey guys!!
Thanks for the well wishes ;)

Now lets show those "Jeepers" that Hummer ppl can clean with the best of them.... I'll be there in spirit 8)
2006 Jeep Unlimited, 4 lift, 33" BFG KM2's, cut and trimmed for trail duty
mnstrh2
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 06 Jeep

Postby Rob85635 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:59 pm

wow, it took a SoCal dude to respond to this - thanks, Seth. Yes, the Butcher Jones area is NE of Fountain Hills, off of the Beeline Hwy, then to the Bush Hwy. PM me if you want details and directions.

Wow, unfortunately I live about 4 hours from that (at 75mph on I10) and I will be unable to attend because of the distance, the cost of gas and the fact that my wife and I have a newborn :)

If there is ever anything like this closer (tucson or more to the SE) I would love to attend.

Rob
Rob85635
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: Hummer H3 2007

Return to Trail Talk