Alabama Trail Riding

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

Re: Alabama Trail Riding

Postby AuburnHummer » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:09 am

Well def. let me know if you get a group together I would like to join yall out there.
2006 H3 Black on black.
window tint, interior chrome accents, In Dash entertainment system Pionner Dv2 system (I believe), Back Up Cam, 7 inch Headrest Monitors
33's, Torsion Bar Adj., Bilstien Leveling Shocks, Brush Guard, GM Roof Lamps, Steel Tow Hooks, nerf bars. ETC...

Next: Rear end suspension upgrades (Shocks, Shackles, Disconnects), 35's, Blacking some things out, and Magnetic Shields
AuburnHummer
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 2006 Hummer H3

Postby Hmmr4life » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:14 pm

I'm from the Birmingham area. Where exactly is it? I may be headed down to Wind Creek this summer, and may have to go looking for that :)
Hmmr4life
New User
New User

Postby AuburnHummer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:06 am

Hmmr4life,
are you talking about the trail I was describing off of Lake Martin? or the one in Anniston?

I dont want to get anyones hopes up by saying its worth visiting just to trail ride is not recommended. Usually I drive 35 minutes there go done the trail to get to the lake and spend all day hanging out fishing, exploring alot of the nearby shore line and just relaxing. The trail itself is only about 3/4 to a mile long, dont get me wrong its very very scenic and has a few mud holes. I am going back soon because there are a few forks in the trail and im going to explorer the other paths and ill takes pics for everyone to see

If your ever in that area or plan to be around there I would suggest you check it out.

The trail is East South East across the lake to Wind Creek State park. Its off of 280. If you want directions let me know.

I will probably be staying in Auburn for Summer school so I will be out there almost every weekend Fly fishing and exploring that area for more trails, if you ever plan to check it out let me know I would like to come along.
2006 H3 Black on black.
window tint, interior chrome accents, In Dash entertainment system Pionner Dv2 system (I believe), Back Up Cam, 7 inch Headrest Monitors
33's, Torsion Bar Adj., Bilstien Leveling Shocks, Brush Guard, GM Roof Lamps, Steel Tow Hooks, nerf bars. ETC...

Next: Rear end suspension upgrades (Shocks, Shackles, Disconnects), 35's, Blacking some things out, and Magnetic Shields
AuburnHummer
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Hmmr4life » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:35 am

Yea, I was planning on taking some fishing equipment, and just playing around the shore. It looks like a very pretty place. I've never really seen the other parts of Lake Martin.
Hmmr4life
New User
New User

Postby AuburnHummer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:45 am

Yeah def take some fishing gear out there. In about a month it should be prime time to fish.

When you get to the lake you have the option of hiking around the chain of islands and there are a bunch of coves with alot of fallen trees in the water great for fishing around. Personally I have started fly fishing out there haven't caught much but the water is still a little to cold.

Let me know when you plan on going down ill prob be going with a few of my fishing buddies in the next few weekends.
2006 H3 Black on black.

AuburnHummer
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Hancor » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:16 am

ROLL TIDE AuburnHummer!!! :P

I live 2 hours south of Auburn. I'm from Ashford, AL which is 10 miles SE of Dothan, AL. I really do not have many places to ride down this way. Let me know sometime and we can plan some off-roading in our SE corner of the AL area. I'd really love to get an Alabama Chapter started if we could get enough places to ride and people involved in our area. No need in having a chapter though unless we have enough to get involved. Good to know there is someone else in AL wanting to ride.

I usually go up into Tennessee to ride. That's where I did most of my trail riding on the H3. Now that I have my H2... I'm looking to put it into action soon.
Hancor
2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Factory Lux
De-chrome Status: 20%
Hancor
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 2005 Hummer H2 SUT

Postby Dadstoy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Alright you guys ya'll hit me up. And we'll play send me an e-mail or call me on my cell 678-794-0944. We can hit places here in GA. AL. TN. S.C.
Dadstoy
Chapter President - Georgia
Chapter President - Georgia

Postby Aaron » Fri May 02, 2008 7:22 am

War Eagle!!!! Welcome to the forum. I went to school at Auburn also, not sure of any good off-roading areas close. Is there anything in the tuskegee national forrest? if you have a chance why don't you try to catch up with the East Coast run that is going to anniston.
Attachments
AU post.jpg
AU post.jpg (48.75 KiB) Viewed 1193 times
07 Dark Blue H3 Adventure for Wife
97.5 H1 (Gone) - Replaced with 06 Corvette

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/Aaron
Aaron
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 97.5 H1 & 07 H3

Postby Hancor » Fri May 02, 2008 8:02 am

Nice rig Aaron! I've been thinking the same thing about Tuskegee National Forest. I've been up there when I was at Auburn too and camped. There has got to be some places in there to ride.
Hancor
2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Factory Lux
De-chrome Status: 20%
Hancor
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 2005 Hummer H2 SUT

Postby Aaron » Fri May 02, 2008 1:04 pm

we use to go mountain biking out there, and there is also an outdoor gun range. I know there are a lot of fire roads and I am sure there are some trails just never tried looking for them when I was up there.

Thanks for the compliments on the truck, too bad it is now gone. Now I have to use the wife's truck to go off roading.
07 Dark Blue H3 Adventure for Wife
97.5 H1 (Gone) - Replaced with 06 Corvette

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/Aaron
Aaron
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 97.5 H1 & 07 H3

Previous

Return to Trail Talk