Alabama Trail Riding

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

Alabama Trail Riding

Postby AuburnHummer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:09 am

Hi yall,

I go to school in Auburn, Al and took my H3 up to Lake Martin in Dadville, Al. The trail is very scenic and runs around a small mountain to a point out on the lake where I spend my Sundays fishing.

Anyone on the forum from Auburn or Alabama in general?

Anyone ever been to a place called smith mountain at Lake Martin?

Anyone also hear of any other trails or just mud holes to visit in the Auburn area?

I am new to this board and im going to try posting some pics of this place hopefully it works.
2006 H3 Black on black.
window tint, interior chrome accents, In Dash entertainment system Pionner Dv2 system (I believe), Back Up Cam, 7 inch Headrest Monitors
33's, Torsion Bar Adj., Bilstien Leveling Shocks, Brush Guard, GM Roof Lamps, Steel Tow Hooks, nerf bars. ETC...

Next: Rear end suspension upgrades (Shocks, Shackles, Disconnects), 35's, Blacking some things out, and Magnetic Shields
AuburnHummer
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 2006 Hummer H3

Re: Alabama Trail Riding

Postby Seth » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Welcome to HXC! 8) Glad to see you found a place to wheel in Alabama. Never been there. Not sure if anyone here is from there, but when there is one, usually the next one pops up and so on. :)
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Dadstoy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:48 pm

Auburnhummer, Have you heard Morris Mountain in Anniston, Al. Its alittle tight in an H2 but you having an H3 you should be alright. I plan on having an outing there pretty soon. I'll keep you ppsted. 8)
Dadstoy
Chapter President - Georgia

Postby AuburnHummer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:54 pm

I have been thru Anniston before. What is the trail like?

The one I play on in Dadeville is basically just a bunch of mud holes and a little bit of technical maneuvering.

Since im new I need to ask how to post photos on the page I see the file attachment option but it doesn't seem to be working for me. (maybe is my connection)
2006 H3 Black on black.
window tint, interior chrome accents, In Dash entertainment system Pionner Dv2 system (I believe), Back Up Cam, 7 inch Headrest Monitors
33's, Torsion Bar Adj., Bilstien Leveling Shocks, Brush Guard, GM Roof Lamps, Steel Tow Hooks, nerf bars. ETC...

Next: Rear end suspension upgrades (Shocks, Shackles, Disconnects), 35's, Blacking some things out, and Magnetic Shields
AuburnHummer
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby KS Trekker » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:03 pm

AuburnHummer wrote:I have been thru Anniston before. What is the trail like?

The one I play on in Dadeville is basically just a bunch of mud holes and a little bit of technical maneuvering.

Since im new I need to ask how to post photos on the page I see the file attachment option but it doesn't seem to be working for me. (maybe is my connection)

I was first introduced to the Humvee outside of Anniston, AL at Ft. McClellan. The Humvee training course they had there was awesome. :yup: Is Pelham Range open to the public since the fort closed? There was some good wheelin' out there. I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.
KS Trekker
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '07 H3 / '05 H2

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:56 am

Welcome to HXC 8)

Hancor is in AL, not sure where though.

AuburnHummer wrote:Since im new I need to ask how to post photos on the page I see the file attachment option but it doesn't seem to be working for me. (maybe is my connection)

Using the Upload Attachment feature below browse to find the image you want to upload. After selecting the file click the "Add the file" button. If the files size is too big you won't be able to upload so you might have to reduced some.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Jason » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:13 am

I went through basic training and AIT in Anniston, AL back in 1990...swore I'd never go back. Though, since they closed the fort, maybe I'll go back there to do some off-roading. :lol:
Jason
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 08 Rubicon Unlimited

Postby AuburnHummer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:54 am

Here are some pics of what I like to call Smith Moutain trail
IMGP1175.JPG
Where the H3 is parked is usually under water. This was the first time I was able to drive out to that island. The island I was on had more trail so I followed it out to the middle of the lake. Some nearby fishermen were astonished seeing it all the way out there they didnt think it was possible 8)
(160.96 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
IMGP1176.JPG
Magazine Ad worthy?
(138.14 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Attachments
IMGP1173.JPG
(199.37 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
IMGP1179.JPG
I regret not getting more pics of the actual trail. Next time I will do that. Where the trail let out onto the lake was this huge hole about 20 yards in lenght and really deep since I was the only truck out there I drove the edge of it to avoid any possible mishaps.
(251.68 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
IMGP1189.JPG
(113.46 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
2006 H3 Black on black.

AuburnHummer
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Jason » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:38 am

Nice pix...looks like a fun place to off-road.
Jason
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 08 Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Seth » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:19 pm

Looks like you had fun out there. :)
Seth

Postby AuburnHummer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:48 pm

Yeah its an amazing spot to off road, fish, and hike.
Attachments
n7018230_34073768_6743.jpg
The mountain itself. If you look closely on top is an old fire tower, I climbed it and took some pics a while ago but cant find em.
n7018230_34073768_6743.jpg (56.66 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
n7018230_34073771_245.jpg
A view from the top
n7018230_34073771_245.jpg (23.37 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
2006 H3 Black on black.

AuburnHummer
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Seth » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:15 pm

Very cool pictures. Nature is so beautiful in all of the different forms it comes in. :)
Seth

Postby Dadstoy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:23 pm

I just might have to catch up with you and we can hit those trails. What do you think?
Dadstoy

Postby AuburnHummer » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:47 pm

What I wanna do is check and see if there are more parts to the trail.

The trail i usually ride is very short I would say a mile that has about 9 mud holes 6 of them arent hard at all 2 are pretty good and one huge one I haven't messed with yet because I have only been on the trail by myself and dont feel like getting stuck.

One time I went, I got to the end where it lets out to the lake and a group of locals with old lift broncos were taking pics of my truck and asked if I went thru the last hole because they said many people get stuck there.

Ill probably go back soon and look for more trails to see if its a worthy spot.

I might be going back this Sunday if I do I will keep everyone updated on what I find and take some more extensive pics of the trail
2006 H3 Black on black.

AuburnHummer
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Dadstoy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:49 pm

AuburnHummer wrote:I have been thru Anniston before. What is the trail like?

MMORV Park some of the trails are alittle tight for an H2, but for H3 and jeeps they're just right. I went through most of all of them. There are also rocky areas for you if your into rock crawling, theres one giant mud hole they call Soggy Bottom. I'll go back as soon as I get a group together. I'm also going to try and get in touch with the owners to see if they can make some of the tight trails wide enough for the H1 and Humvee.
Dadstoy

Next

Return to Trail Talk