Moab Questions

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

Re: Moab Questions

Postby The Other Rob » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:56 am

SummitUp wrote:I've never done Elephant Hill either, looks like a fun trail though. The trail is 15 miles long and is 75 miles from Moab. I'm thinking I'd like to devote a day to run this trail the next time we're in Moab.

You should try Lockhart Basin.. Trail is about 75 miles long and a pretty good way to chew up the better part of your day..
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=96
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby oruna1 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:15 pm

I did get a little more info on Elephant hill from a ranger I called today. He has done it in a unmodified Suburban and an H1 has managed to make it through the narrow parts. They also have gotten dual wheeled trucks through although it's really tight. It looks to be quite a bit more challenging than Lockhart although that looks like an easy fun day trail too. :)
oruna1
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 2009 H3 adventure

Postby SummitUp » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 am

oruna1 wrote:I did get a little more info on Elephant hill from a ranger I called today. He has done it in a unmodified Suburban and an H1 has managed to make it through the narrow parts.

According to the story on 4x4wire.com the H1's have to actually completely remove their side mirrors.

Man, it doesn't get any tighter than this!

37" KM2's on 17" Hutchinson Beadlocks, Cognito UCA's, Cognito Sway Bar Links, Custom Hydro-Assist Steering Upgrade, Bilstein Shocks,
Warn 9.5ti Winch, Viking Synthetic Winch Cable, Piaa & Hella Off-road lights, Gobi Rack, Tru-Cool Transmission Oil Cooler, Eaton Front Locker, 4.56 Gears, Rubber Duck UCP Protection, Diablo Predator Hi-Octane Tune.
SummitUp
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 2005 H2

Postby oruna1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:49 pm

I did the Elephant hill trail 1st week in Sept. No problem fitting thru the narrow places you see in the photo above. With the mirrors turned in there is about 12" on each side of the mirrors. It was a fun trail to do with good challenges on the back side of Elephant Hill itself. Well worth the trip from Moab and the short hike to the Joint Trail is also well worth it.
oruna1
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 2009 H3 adventure

Previous

Return to Trail Talk