Winching 101 and a half.

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

Postby Rod » Mon May 15, 2006 10:03 pm

[quote=\"edspad\"]The view was awesome from the top.[/quote]

I bet it was. Always wanted to go up there so how about next time you leave your truck at home and I'll drive you? :D
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '99 HMC4 | '05 SUT

Postby Bondage » Mon May 15, 2006 10:38 pm

I wanna go. :lol:
Bond. James Bond.
Bondage
Trail Master
Trail Master

Location: SoCal, Rome, Paris, London, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, Caracas, Beruit, Berlin, Moscow & Kingston
Vehicle: BLACK H2

more winching not secrets

Postby no1gtkid » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:03 pm

Rod,

I have had to do a lot of the winching with my recovery vehilce on the race team. I learned to live with re-spool after recovery. Makes things easy that way. Get people unstuck and then back to running.

Next is that Should always thorw somthing over the line. Just in the sence of the unlucky break.

Another point made clear is place the winch hook down wards not up. This way if it breaks the tendency is to go down towards the ground not up into the air. Those in the military dealing with the big winches will tell you the same. It is scary the first time one flys straight up and back.

Glad you got a sysn line. I have a new one I am trying to get installed for the rowherflats and last chance run. I even got my ne lobster claw. Just have to fight with the pin collar and get some thread lock.
no1gtkid
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Rod » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:54 pm

Good stuff, CJ. Thanks.
Rod
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: '99 HMC4 | '05 SUT

Previous

Return to Trail Talk