oklahoma trails

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

oklahoma trails

Postby milkmannn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:15 am

Hi all.Are there any trails around okc oklahoma to explore .
milkmannn
New User
New User

Vehicle: 08 h3 adv lux

Re: oklahoma trails

Postby JustinOK » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:59 am

I'm not from OK, I've just lived here four about 5 years for work. The only areas to wheel near OKC usually involve the nasty red clay which is a pain to clean so I avoid anything local. I have gone to the southeast part of the state to Clayton and ran some trails there last year. It was a lot of fun, but some of the trails were starting to get closed off, even though it is still state property? :duh:

I've also gone on trips with HXC to Hot Springs, AR; Gilmer (Barnwell Mountain), TX; and Salem (Flat Nasty), MO. I haven't been to the new offroad park in the northwest DFW area yet, but I hear its a lot of fun. There's also a few places to wheel in Kansas, but I haven't been there either yet.

Hope to meet up soon!
1998 TD 4 Door Hard Top (HMC4) w/ 91K miles
Updated block and loaded with parts from Hummer Parts Guy and Blue Hummer

HummerDan's Hardcore Skid Guards, Fender Guards, & Locking Fuel Doors; Ham (VHF/UHF) & CB radios; Predator RapTorq4 PCM; mechanical wastegate; Cepek Adjustable Shocks; D-Tech PMD.
Stanadyne Performance Formula every fill-up and ScanGauge II full time.
JustinOK
Chapter President - Oklahoma
Chapter President - Oklahoma

Vehicle: 98 TD HMC4

Postby RasterMaster » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Justin,

We need to see about getting a Chain Ranch event off the ground. They seemed open to the idea when I last spoke, but that was a few years ago.
RasterMaster
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Gunner_45 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:24 pm

This list is far from complete and some sites may no longer be viable...All are supposedly ORV friendly.

Some are PUBLIC LANDS, STATE OFF ROAD VEHICLE REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED.

At least it's a starting point for your research.....Never been myself, they were just points of interest on my list of palces to visit.

If I run across any more, I'll post 'em up for ya.

http://www.ddayadventurepark.com/

http://www.hogansoffroad.com/

Little Sahara State Park -
Per the literature - Rugged sand dune terrain - dunes range from 25-75 ft. high - great for 4x4, motorcycle and ATV enthusiasts.

Ouachita National Forest -
Per the literature - Many miles of unpaved forest roads provide dirt bike and four-wheel drive enthusiasts the opportunity to enjoy some of Oklahoma's most scenic and rugged terrain.

Pensacola Dam -
Per the literature - Some of the best rock crawling in the country for four wheelers is located at the south end of Grand Lake
(directly below the dam) between the towns of Langley and Disney. The area has been nationally recognized as a destination for 4x4 users.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.
- Plato
Gunner_45
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 2010 H3 Adventure

Return to Trail Talk