H1 mechanics

Land Use, Trail Info, etc

H1 mechanics

Postby H1Doc » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:26 pm

I want to know if anyone out there can recommend a good H1 mechanic in SW Missouri.

I live in SW Missouri and have had a '96 HMCS for several years. I love it and have had no trouble with anything significant. I have done all of the maintenance, and some mildly complicated modifications. However, there's a few things I'm just losing interest in tackling myself and want to have done, certainly no big deal for any experienced H1 mechanic. The closest Hummer dealer is in Fayetteville AR which is a couple hours away and their service is really bad---more on par with a Geo dealership. They're hard to work with, won't do what I want and it's a huge pain to drive all the way down there with another car since they won't do anything unless I drop the truck off, for days or weeks, if need be. Which is too bad because I think the mechanics themselves are decent. Kansas City is about 3 hours away and I have no experience there, but it's even further. Lynch Hummer is about 4 hours away, but otherwise, that would be ideal to get some stuff done.

It'd be nice to have someone close who is looking for some side jobs, maybe an ex-military mechanic, looking for cash work. I suspect there must someone like this in the Springfield/Joplin area, because several large trucking companies are based in this area and there's a lot of diesel mechanics. Come to think of it, maybe I should just stop in one of the service centers and ask around. But if anyone has any information, let me know. I recognize the value of good work, and I'm happy to pay cash.
H1Doc
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: H1

Return to Trail Talk