Check 4 wheel drive system

General Discussion

Check 4 wheel drive system

Postby REM » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:13 am

I had the Check 4 wheel drive system message come on the dash display. My wife driving it at the time, and took it to the dealer and was told the transfer case was the problem, and was going to cost $1000 to fix. I replaced the transfer case last July 2015, what might be the problem? Currently I am not in the country and not in touch with the dealer but approval to make the repairs have not be given to the dealer yet.

Is there a recomended H3 mechanic in the DFW area anyone recommends?

rmcfall
REM
New User
New User

Vehicle: H3 basic

Re: Check 4 wheel drive system

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:56 pm

Did you do the work yourself when you replaced it? If not I would think it would be covered. Any chance your wife can get the codes pulled at an auto part store? That could help narrow down what the issue is. I believe it is Classic that still has a trained Hummer Tech, hopefully somebody that is familiar with the area will post a recommendation.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Re: Check 4 wheel drive system

Postby REM » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Thanks for the reply
The dealer said it was the shift motor or index motor that needed to be replaced. Since the fault indication has not come back on, I took the H3 back with out making repairs and have not had a problem since. They wanted $800 to replace the $235 motor. REM
REM
New User
New User

Vehicle: H3 basic

Return to General