Loud Noise when turning ONLY WHEN WET OR RAINING

General Discussion

Loud Noise when turning ONLY WHEN WET OR RAINING

Postby Survivermacgyver » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:08 pm

I have a H2 . Why do I hear a loud rubbing noise as I turn to the left only when it's wet out or raining. Tires aren't rubbing ... I've heard a few people say its the tires. I also heard it could be wheel baring. This is a little weird because its only when the ground is wet or when it's raining. It's only when I turn to the left and NOT the right. It seems like its coming from the passenger side. Any Ideas ?? Thanks ahead of time..
Survivermacgyver
New User
New User

Vehicle: H2

Re: Loud Noise when turning ONLY WHEN WET OR RAINING

Postby marcanthonywebs » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:36 pm

That is weird, could be anything! did you look at the outer front axle boots? could be that the clamp is loose and when water hits it could make the boot move on a turn.
check the inside of the wheel wells could be the lining is moving on turns coming in contact with the wheels..
Sometimes Oem specs are Lame! Let's overdo it within reason :-p!
marcanthonywebs
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 2008 H3

Re: Loud Noise when turning ONLY WHEN WET OR RAINING

Postby mcioci » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:52 am

Survivermacgyver wrote:I have a H2 . Why do I hear a loud rubbing noise as I turn to the left only when it's wet out or raining. Tires aren't rubbing ... I've heard a few people say its the tires. I also heard it could be wheel baring. This is a little weird because its only when the ground is wet or when it's raining. It's only when I turn to the left and NOT the right. It seems like its coming from the passenger side. Any Ideas ?? Thanks ahead of time..

Body mounts. I had the same issue on my 2003, replaced all body mounts all noises are gone.
mcioci
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 2005 H2

Return to General