Thought I would share with you

General Discussion

Thought I would share with you

Postby USVibrant » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:15 pm

my lastest journey up in the mountains. Gosh guy's I have not felt this free and happy in a long time. Finally, wheeling and camping again! It is great! Even though, it is not with my beloved Hummer Kashmir, but rather with the her, the Elusive Thumper (Jeep).

Someday, I will get pictures of Elusive Thumper in action, like doing some flex or getting a mud bath; nothing like Ziolo though. :) Hey guy's, I realize this is a Hummer Club not a Jeep Club and I respect that, so I will only post these pictures if I have the approval and/or if any of you have a desire to see them. Deal.

Back to my lastest journey:

I camped at Square Top Mountain for three days. Trails are abdunant in this area, I took only two of them. One in which made me pucker a few times within the 8) three hours it took to get to the end of it. The second one, well to be honest I did not complete, it was narrow as ever, and I was alone and did not think I would see any one in passing had I needed help. Trying to be smart and wheel trails that are not completely desolate.

The black pavement you see in the below picture once was empty baren mountain side. The road leading from this pavement actually used to be a trail, they made it bigger, ruining it, and then applied the black ugly tar. (Story has it too many deaths occured on this trail-so they fixed it) The road leads down the backside of Georgetown. I must admit still an adventurous ride with all the hairpin curves that is if your into that, which I am-love it!
1.JPG
1.JPG (40.52 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

2.JPG
2.JPG (45.13 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

4.JPG
4.JPG (25.55 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

6.JPG
6.JPG (78.54 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

My campsite
8.JPG
8.JPG (63.5 KiB) Viewed 2095 times

I hoped you liked! Take-Care! :D
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Re: Thought I would share with you

Postby Hummergurl » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:05 pm

its awesome i sooooo wish to go four wheeling with you & " your JEEP" lol i have a jeep also.... but my hummer is my baby.... I love the pictures WOW!!! :up:
HUMMER........ LIKE NOTHING ELSE
Hummergurl
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: 2006 H3

Postby USVibrant » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Hummergurl wrote:its awesome i sooooo wish to go four wheeling with you & " your JEEP" lol i have a jeep also.... but my hummer is my baby.... I love the pictures WOW!!! :up:

Thanx!

Feeling is mutual, little Ms. Elusive Thumper and I would love to wheel with a Hummer and a Real Woman :up:. I am planning a big trip next year to the flattops, a place I remember years ago, still etched within my soul-so beautiful going where civilization only thinks it exist, it really does not when you see the sights you see as you are having a wheeling of pure fun. I would like to return, you are more than welcome to join.

I can understand why the Hummer is your baby, the Jeep is just my wanna be baby. She thinks she is a Hummer. :wall:
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Looks like a great trip. I was going to head to CO for a couple of quick days last week but with the fires ended up not going :cry:
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby USVibrant » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Mark wrote:Looks like a great trip. I was going to head to CO for a couple of quick days last week but with the fires ended up not going :cry:

It was a great trip indeed! I hated coming back down the mountain, returning to the city.

The fires that have consumed areas in the mountains is really heartwrenching. Last time I heard the fire in CO Springs is still going, sick. How long will it take for these forest begin blooming again. Probably not in my lifetime.

Maybe you can try again soon to head to Colorado. The fires have settled to the point they lifted the ban on burning fires in most counties. The county I was in, I could not have a fire at all, kind of was lame, but I simplified; happy either way, and became quite happier when it down poured rain the second day, all day, all night. The forest was singing, the evergreen and aspen trees smiling. How do I know? I feel them or maybe it is just the cherokee blood that gives me that connection. OR better yet it just the crazy a$$ of a woman I am. Who knows who cares. No one. :wall: :duh: :/

Ok, I am on roll, bye guy's. :up: :D

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Yeah, was head for Colorado Springs :wall:

I love it out there, all of CO and can't wait to get back. That's one of the things I miss the most about living closer, being able to spend time out there in the summer and winter.
Mark

Postby USVibrant » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Mark wrote:Yeah, was head for Colorado Springs :wall:

I love it out there, all of CO and can't wait to get back. That's one of the things I miss the most about living closer, being able to spend time out there in the summer and winter.

The fire in Colorado Springs is 100% contained now, with no doubt some hot spots they are watching closely.

You should move here if you love it.

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby The Other Rob » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:30 am

USVibrant wrote:
Mark wrote:Looks like a great trip. I was going to head to CO for a couple of quick days last week but with the fires ended up not going :cry:

The fires that have consumed areas in the mountains is really heartwrenching. Last time I heard the fire in CO Springs is still going, sick. How long will it take for these forest begin blooming again. Probably not in my lifetime.

I'm betting it'll be pretty soon.. In 2002 there was a fire in the Gulches area near Colorado Springs. The trail system was close down due to errosion concerns. If I recall correctly most of the trail system was opened back up by 2010..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby USVibrant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 pm

The Other Rob wrote:
USVibrant wrote:

I'm betting it'll be pretty soon.. In 2002 there was a fire in the Gulches area near Colorado Springs. The trail system was close down due to errosion concerns. If I recall correctly most of the trail system was opened back up by 2010..

That would be the Hayman fire, and you are right most of the trail system is opened now.

This is interesting: http://www.cpr.org/#load_article|Hayman ... ing_Havoc_ Listening to this radio talk host/guest, I was able to recall to mind, the earth/forest has different types of soil, if the soil is full of nutrients, it will arise to its beauty quicker than a forest that is lacking rich soil, like the forest/Hayman fire, which may take years upon years to be back at its spendor. I guess though like with anything, if you look deep enough you can find beautiful in ugly. At least this is my belief.

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby The Other Rob » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:57 pm

Fires take things down.. They change the landscape.. New things grow back in the place of the old stuff.. Trees are down, so more sunlight, moisture, nutrients, etc are available for smaller plants and flowers to grow.. Been that way for a pretty dang long time.. I didn't listen to the NPR bit after reading the synopsis, but I can only imagine the guy is in some way blaming whatever problem he sees with the way nature works he's trying to blame on people and our actions in general..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:50 am

The Other Rob wrote: I didn't listen to the NPR bit after reading the synopsis, but I can only imagine the guy is in some way blaming whatever problem he sees with the way nature works he's trying to blame on people and our actions in general..

Isn't that almost a given if he is on NPR :where: :lol:
Mark

Postby USVibrant » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 pm

The Other Rob wrote:Fires take things down.. They change the landscape.. New things grow back in the place of the old stuff.. Trees are down, so more sunlight, moisture, nutrients, etc are available for smaller plants and flowers to grow.. Been that way for a pretty dang long time.. I didn't listen to the NPR bit after reading the synopsis, but I can only imagine the guy is in some way blaming whatever problem he sees with the way nature works he's trying to blame on people and our actions in general..

I agree, fire takes things down, changing the landscape. Eleven years later and areas of where this fire raged may never thrive again, it is barren, because of the type of soil. Coupled with rain, it has become worse washing away minerals, nutrients, etc. This area it now a haven for flash floods.

NPR? Negative, whatever that is. It is CPR (Coalition for the upper South Platte) and it is Colorado Public Radio Station whom interviewd this guy, Jonathan Bruno. whom is coordinating the restoration. He does not blame anyone or anything, including the clown who started this fire. In addition, mentions nothing of the way nature works, only what he has seen in new growth, ect. He talks of the type of soil, which I personally found interesting. ;)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Return to General