Darkside

General Discussion

Re: Darkside

Postby The Other Rob » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 pm

USVibrant wrote:Wheeled in my Jeep on Saturday I am impressed! I had a little hard time in shifting into 4-wheel drive, it is not a straight up and down shot, more like jagged.

Glad yall are getting along.. The transfer case in a Jeep is a bit more difficult than the one in the H3.. Every now and then you may find you have to actually put in back in gear for a moment, go back to neutral (or let her roll just a bit) and then shift the transfer case.. You can force it, but you might be met with a mild clunk when it dis/engages.. Nothing to fret over though..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby USVibrant » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:38 am

Mark wrote:Glad to hear you are really coming around to "her" 8)

Kashmir might have had a smaller engine but that smaller engine had to work that much harder to move the extra weight of Kashmir around. Consider my Alpha has 3 additional cylinder's than Kashmir yet in stock form only got one less MPG.

Yeah, I am coming around to 'her.' I thought she was a he though :wall:, but when I wheeled with her (my delusional mind at work), she informed me 'I am not a boy I am a girl,' I blame it on the previous owner for convincing her of this though. I wanted a boy Jeep! :wall: :lol:

Yeah, Kashmir's smaller engine had to work much harder with the extra weight, and his big tires added to it. Taking more fuel to make them go round and round.

Something else I love about my Jeep. While Kashmir had an excellent sound system, my Jeep has a boom box, and an Amplifier under the driver's seat. All of which lift your hair up! Gosh, the things that get me going, you just have to join me, grabbing your head and moving it from side to side, and saying,' I (she) is all messed up inside.' :yup:
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Postby USVibrant » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:49 am

The Other Rob wrote:
USVibrant wrote:Wheeled in my Jeep on Saturday I am impressed! I had a little hard time in shifting into 4-wheel drive, it is not a straight up and down shot, more like jagged.

Glad yall are getting along.. The transfer case in a Jeep is a bit more difficult than the one in the H3.. Every now and then you may find you have to actually put in back in gear for a moment, go back to neutral (or let her roll just a bit) and then shift the transfer case.. You can force it, but you might be met with a mild clunk when it dis/engages.. Nothing to fret over though..

Thank you Rob, I too am glad I and my Jeep are adapting to one another. Good thing is while I squirm against change, I love the yeck out of it. Means a new experience!

Yep, what you mention is what I had to do, plus trying to become familiar with the shifting, which it is not a typical snap; push button, slide back and fourth, it is curved for each change, that is 4H, 4L, ect., never seen anything like it. I was like 'wow.'

Good thing to know, not to fret if it is met with a mild clunk, altough, I hate that sound. I always think of teeth breaking? Do not know the mechanism of it all, but that is the way I see it.
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby The Other Rob » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:26 am

USVibrant wrote:Good thing to know, not to fret if it is met with a mild clunk, altough, I hate that sound. I always think of teeth breaking? Do not know the mechanism of it all, but that is the way I see it.

If ya really wanna hear a clunk that'll make you worry less about the Jeep.. Try shifting the transmission on a 79 Harley..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:32 am

The Dana transfer case in my Scout can be a real finicky little "B" too :wall: :lol:
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby USVibrant » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:56 am

The Other Rob wrote:
USVibrant wrote:Good thing to know, not to fret if it is met with a mild clunk, altough, I hate that sound. I always think of teeth breaking? Do not know the mechanism of it all, but that is the way I see it.

If ya really wanna hear a clunk that'll make you worry less about the Jeep.. Try shifting the transmission on a 79 Harley..

Sure! I want to hear a clunk that will make me worry less about my Jeep. 79 Harley sounds like a whole lot of fun!

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:58 am

Mark wrote:The Dana transfer case in my Scout can be a real finicky little "B" too :wall: :lol:

Wow Mark, how many 4-wheelers do you have? Which one do you enjoy the most?

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:16 am

USVibrant wrote:Wow Mark, how many 4-wheelers do you have? Which one do you enjoy the most?

Just the two. I got the Scout when I had my '06 so I could play in it and not worry about the Hummer but replaced it with the Alpha and still wheel the Hummer. Whenever I wheel the Scout I miss the Hummer.
Mark

Postby USVibrant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Mark wrote:
USVibrant wrote:Wow Mark, how many 4-wheelers do you have? Which one do you enjoy the most?

Just the two. I got the Scout when I had my '06 so I could play in it and not worry about the Hummer but replaced it with the Alpha and still wheel the Hummer. Whenever I wheel the Scout I miss the Hummer.

Yep, the Hummer Rules! 8)

I just received news about Kashmir. A male friend of mine informed me the dealership has him for sale, and has several potential buyers, one inwhich who is a friend of his.

The dealership is selling him for 19, 000. Only making $3,000 off the deal. How do I figure? They paid off my loan, washing it out, to the point no money is still owed on my existing loan with the Jeep. They gave me $16,000 for Kashmir. I am impressed, impressed because they know Kashmir has a known problem, they are not trying to scam somebody. When in all reality Kashmir is the best looking Hummer out of the two they have already. In addition, he has the lowest mileage. The price tag on the other two Hummers (2006-2007) $23-25,000.

My question, to my friend is, if your friend buys him does that mean I get to touch Kashmir again? :wall: His answer, probably not, but he told me to believe he is going to a good man whom will get him fixed and do mods on him. Gosh you guy's this is so bitter for me, it so hurts. I miss Kashmir, and wish I would the $$$$$$$ to get him where he needs to be.

Yeah, it is what it is. I surrender. My Jeep will give me many adventures, I am confident.

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bellvis » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:36 pm

Welcome to the Darkside!

Any pictures of the new Jeep?

I did a recent trip to Yosemite....

1-IMG_0319.jpg
1-IMG_0319.jpg (230.54 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

1-IMG_7188.JPG
1-IMG_7188.JPG (191.98 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

1-IMG_7212.JPG
1-IMG_7212.JPG (208.83 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
Miss you Rich! Thank's for all the memories!
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: The Boobicon

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Bellvis wrote:I did a recent trip to Yosemite....

Beautiful scenery other than that white thing that kept getting in the shots :P :lol:
Mark

Postby clean slate » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 pm

Mark wrote:Beautiful scenery other than that white thing that kept getting in the shots :P :lol:

Just woke the house up laughing too loud. Thanks MARK! :evil:
clean slate
Club Vice President
Club Vice President

Vehicle: 2007 h3

Postby USVibrant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanx for the welcome Bellvis.

In answer to your question, I will be posting pictures on Sunday evening or Monday morning. I, and my Jeep are escaping up to the mountains tomorrow for the next couple days. (If you are worried guy's, do not be, others are going with me or I should say along with me. Not going alone).

Someday I would like to see Yosemite; beautiful pictures, and I see the light on the darkside! :o

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Mark wrote:
Bellvis wrote:I did a recent trip to Yosemite....

Beautiful scenery other than that white thing that kept getting in the shots :P :lol:

:lol: When I first read your post, I thought I read 'what is that white thing in the shots,' my reply was going to be, wait until I post my pictures, then...........you will have it in black (my jeep is black) and white. :yup:

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm

clean slate wrote:
Mark wrote:Beautiful scenery other than that white thing that kept getting in the shots :P :lol:

Just woke the house up laughing too loud. Thanks MARK! :evil:

Yeah Thanx Mark, you made me laugh so much I had to cry in my closet :P ;) . Maybe you will not notice my thing, because she is black. :up:

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

PreviousNext

Return to General