Darkside

General Discussion

Darkside

Postby USVibrant » Sat May 26, 2012 9:22 am

Well guy's, last week Kashmir started his lameness again, much worse though. I thought I shifting at a higher RPM did the trick; however, he was playing mind games with me.

Last Saturday, I did it, I entered the Darkside; breaking my heart. I so miss my Hummer. I bought a 2007 Unlimited (Sarah ?) Wrangler Jeep (four door), which is quite the change. The dealership is most amazing, an awesome experience, washing away the foul one before. They ran a Carfax on Kashmir, Kashmir had been in one hell of an accident, which he should have been disgarded as non-repairable. I told the saleman my horrid nightmare, and he said I am not going to say anything, 'we are getting you out of your Hummer today.' The dealership gave me the payoff balance for Kashmir; $15, 580-washing it out. Len Lyall Rocks!

I am going up the mountain so I am getting off of here-want to see how my Jeep performs. :yup:
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Re: Darkside

Postby The Other Rob » Sat May 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Congrats on the new ride.. Hopefully this one will hold up and not give you fits....
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Seth » Sun May 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Sorry to hear your Hummer wasn't in the condition you thought you bought. I hope your new Jeep brings you joy and many adventures.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby USVibrant » Mon May 28, 2012 12:22 pm

The Other Rob wrote:Congrats on the new ride.. Hopefully this one will hold up and not give you fits....

Thanx for the congrats, and this ONE will hold up and not give me fits. Not bashing the Hummer brand nor GM. Kashmir's problems, I feel it is safe to say, is from the after affect of the crash he was in; possible bent frame, which broke the mounts, what else can explain it? I never abused my Hummer, never had the chance to abuse him. I feel the crash he was in played a key role in all the problems he had. Minus the contamination in the master/slave cylinder. I can only hope who buys him next will not be so blind to his issues, and the dealership will be more honest. Absurd I know, when money is involved there you will find greed too.

I will post a picture soon of my Jeep :)
Last edited by USVibrant on Mon May 28, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Mon May 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Seth wrote:Sorry to hear your Hummer wasn't in the condition you thought you bought. I hope your new Jeep brings you joy and many adventures.

Thank you Seth, I am confident my Jeep will bring me many adventures, but maybe not too much joy. My heart will never get over Kashmir. So crazy, how I could love a material object in the way I love Kashmir. You should had seen me cry like a big baby when I was taking my things out of him, saying goodbye to me. On lookers looked bewildered. :duh:

I wonder what my grandson, Damien, is going to say about my new Jeep? He had it already figured out when he would sing 'My Granny is a Hummer Lover," so cute, I think he is the only one who understood, well with the exception of you guy's.

I am going to go drive my Jeep! :yup:

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby The Other Rob » Mon May 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Yeah I feel kinda sorry for the person that ends/ended up with my H3 thinking they were gretting a good reliable vehicle after the beatings I put it through..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Mark » Wed May 30, 2012 11:31 am

Congratulations on the new Jeep! 8)

It's a shame that the previous dealer was not up front and honest with you as I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't know the full history of the truck.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby RKSmith163 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:04 pm

I trust you did a Carfax on the Jeep.
RKSmith163
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 2010 Alpha/Offroad

Postby USVibrant » Wed May 30, 2012 6:54 pm

The Other Rob wrote:Yeah I feel kinda sorry for the person that ends/ended up with my H3 thinking they were gretting a good reliable vehicle after the beatings I put it through..

I cannot say honestly that I will feel sorry for the individual who buys Kashmir. After all they will be getting one of the most sexy, heart throb Hummers out there. What I do hope is they are living in the moment like I was and have a mechanical mind and have lots of money to repair him, that is if he can be repaired???? For me it is doubtful, I feel his frame is bent.

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Wed May 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Mark wrote:Congratulations on the new Jeep! 8)

It's a shame that the previous dealer was not up front and honest with you as I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't know the full history of the truck.

Thank you Mark for the congrats! I like my Jeep, but...............I do not love it!

The dealership did know the full history of Kashmir. (I am hiding as I tell you and the world this) I did see a Carfax on him; however, it was not for Kashmir. I was shown a clean Carfax of another Hummer. I, I, I (notice how I am stuttering) did not confirm the vin# of Kashmir and the Carfax I had seen.

I am over being angry, I believe Karma, the Saleman who sold me Kashmir (after many conversations I had with him, pleading for his honesty) he will feel his pain if not now but in the future. I can only hope he will be able to cipher whatever it is he is handed he will be man enough to acknowledge it is from his dishonesty. I know I am not the only one who he scammed.

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Wed May 30, 2012 7:07 pm

RKSmith163 wrote:I trust you did a Carfax on the Jeep.

You trusted right! I did get a Carfax on the Jeep-I confirmed the vin# too-excellent, minus I few call backs, which I need to take care of, nothing major though. :up:

Post pictures soon!

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Thu May 31, 2012 10:00 am

Hopefully you will get to the point that you love it.

I know you are over it and I am a believer in karma as well but is there anything you can do to bring at least some pressure down on the dealership if not the salesman? I have no ideas how the laws work in CO but who can you call to put pressure on them if not bring an actually case against them. Of course it would be hard to prove anything and probably not worth your time but just a thought.
Mark

Postby USVibrant » Thu May 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Mark wrote:Hopefully you will get to the point that you love it.

I know you are over it and I am a believer in karma as well but is there anything you can do to bring at least some pressure down on the dealership if not the salesman? I have no ideas how the laws work in CO but who can you call to put pressure on them if not bring an actually case against them. Of course it would be hard to prove anything and probably not worth your time but just a thought.

Hey Mark ;)

Highly doubtful I will ever get to the point of loving my Jeep as I do Kashmir. We are talking a Hummer versus a Jeep. I do not even dream big with my Jeep. :wall: Well, I do want to lift it (see-I do not even know what gender my Jeep-is it a boy or girl. YIKES no girl please :duh:) up a few more inches and buy some new wheels; the black wheels, those are so sweet. My Jeep is black. I did take off some of those dreaded sidesteps off the Jeep, which has done it justice.

I will never be over the unfairness I was handed with GO Chevorlet (I-36 & I-25 Blouder TurnPike, Westminster, CO), I am only over the anger; however, as reconsidered it all right now, the anger is quick to return. :yuck:

I spoke with several Attorneys and even had one briefly (he only wanted my money-more lip service than battle). I bought Kashmir 'As is,' I also had three days to return him, I did not return him, which sums it up I am SOL. Regarless if I have documentation (the dealership does not, did not note an account for me each time I was there to hear 'No Problem with your Hummer,' BS.

I have one hell of a story to tell though and I do tell it, I tell it mostly to women (they remember more :P), because you know how that works. Tell one, many know. :duh:

It is pretty much a done deal, I have moved forward; however, this dealeship will always get the advertisement they deserve, and in this day age word of mouth spreads like a wildfire, and I will never forget Kashmir, even though he had issues, I feel he treated me right. Blows my mind when I consider the problems he had before getting all repaired, he got me from point A to B, C, and back again, when he could have broken all together right in the road. He had all broken mounts, contamination of the master/slave cylinders, and a messed up cross bar.

Oh yeah, if I could prove it all, it would be very worth my time, I know I would win.

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Wheeled in my Jeep on Saturday I am impressed! I had a little hard time in shifting into 4-wheel drive, it is not a straight up and down shot, more like jagged. I kind of like her (yeah, 'it' is a she) more now.

Going camping this weekend; so looking foward to escaping the city. I will get some good pictures and post them.

Oh yeah! One thing for certain I really love about my Jeep much better gas mileage, :up: which amazes me, because it has a v6 in her. ( :lol: I am not calling my Jeep 'it' anymore)

Take care Guy's!

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Glad to hear you are really coming around to "her" 8)

Kashmir might have had a smaller engine but that smaller engine had to work that much harder to move the extra weight of Kashmir around. Consider my Alpha has 3 additional cylinder's than Kashmir yet in stock form only got one less MPG.
Mark

Next

Return to General