Getting really excited.....

General Discussion

Getting really excited.....

Postby USVibrant » Wed May 16, 2012 7:06 pm

about Memorial Weekend; Kashmir and I are letting go (i.e. we are going to have lots of fun)! A friend is going to go with me; however, after discovering she is afraid of heights today, I am really indecisive right now. I have wheeled with alot of screamers in my lifetime, and it is no fun; spoils the fun. Not only do you hear them scream, you begin to hear nagging words, this is scarey in itself, I am not nagger, and do not like to be nagged upon, brings out the bit** tendencey within me. :evil:

Got to run, I love my Hummer family!

Callie
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Re: Getting really excited.....

Postby The Other Rob » Wed May 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Just have her close her eyes on the shelf roads.. If it still bugs her, have her get out and just stand there for a minute.. The fear tends to subside a bit when you can put your feet on solid ground..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Mark » Thu May 17, 2012 7:16 am

My wife is no good with heights either to the extent that when we were in Moab she never hit the trails with me :wall:
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby USVibrant » Sat May 26, 2012 9:10 am

The Other Rob wrote:Just have her close her eyes on the shelf roads.. If it still bugs her, have her get out and just stand there for a minute.. The fear tends to subside a bit when you can put your feet on solid ground..

Sorry Guy's for the delayed reaction, been busy, and I have some news which I will post.

Rob:

Year's ago my friend told me she shattered her knee while skiing, because of being high up and going downhill. While skiing she said she leaned her body back and closed her eyes. She hates heights so getting out on a shelf, she will probably lean back and down the hill she goes. :duh:

I was telling her about the old ghost towns I am going to revisit, she replied she would like to visit them with me, 'you will have to get over your fear of heights then.' I just do not know if I want to venture to see if she overcomes this fear. Selfish I know, I just have low tolerance level to screamers and whinners, it can ruin the whole trip. Been there done that.

Mark:

You know there is a cure? If I were your wife, I would just bury my face in your lap when going over the scarey parts of the trail. Did I just say that? Yeah I did. :o :P
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Return to General