Hi!

General Discussion

Hi!

Postby USVibrant » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 am

I hope everyone is doing well! My life is going well :D.

I still have Kashmir, he has been behaving on the regular, which I feel deals with the warm weather. The cold makes him misbehave, I do not get it.

I am having a hard time in letting go of Kashmir; really how do you replace a Hummer? A vehicle you only dreamt of, but became a reality.

I am still looking though for that one vehicle that says to me "You got to have me." I have had many offers for Kashmir; dealerships that is, but all dealerships have not nor has one come through as of yet to get me to say 'deal.'

Well enough of my rambling, just want to say hello!

Callie
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Re: Hi!

Postby Mark » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Good luck on your search. I honestly don't know what I would be interested in getting rid of mine for.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby The Other Rob » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:06 pm

Good to hear from ya.. Been wondering how things had been going for ya..

Oughta be warmed up enough there to get it back up the side of a mountain some where..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Happy Hummer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Glad to hear all is well.
Chris
Happy Hummer
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: Hummer H3

Postby USVibrant » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Mark wrote:Good luck on your search. I honestly don't know what I would be interested in getting rid of mine for.

Thank you Mark, I need luck on my side not fate. 8) Yeah, it is really hard to find the 'interest,' it is similar to a break up, never interested in anything opposite of him/her (My Kashmir is my man, he is he-Crazzzzzzzzzy; however, you will discover when reading my reply to Rob, 'interest' has changed for me. :) Something has sparked my interest! :yup:
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:42 pm

The Other Rob wrote:Good to hear from ya.. Been wondering how things had been going for ya..

Oughta be warmed up enough there to get it back up the side of a mountain some where..

*Smile* I am!

I have discovered something that is making my heart go pitter-pitter-pat. This something is a Jeep. I am not sure of the year/make (Wrangler, CJ, I do not know), but what do know the body reveals it maybe almost ancient as me?????

This Jeep is sweet! It has half hard/soft top. (Never seen this before). It is a midnight blue/black. It has a lift on it with the cool looking black rimmed tires. It has springs on the front/rear and the front has a wicked tie rod. Some mods already complete.

When passing by this Jeep yesterday, I about broke my neck looking back at it. Kashmir was a little jealous. I told him to relax (Yeah, my delusional mind at work once again :wall: ) just because we are together does not mean I went blind. :lol: :lol: Seriously though, this Jeep (even though it has a **** *** wheel base-I am not scared any more) has my attention; tomorrow, I am going to test drive and lay down the law if this Jeep tells me 'You just got to have me,' I am looking out for myself. $14, 000 is what I want for Kashmir. No nego, and you will let me take him to a notable mechanic to check every inch of him (Jeep). Yeah, I am going to be the dicator! You just got to love it!

And guess what, if I buy this jeep, I am still going to buy a cover for the spare tire that reads "Not only men love Hummers,' a little bit of Kashmir travelling with me always. It sucks though, everytime I will see a Hummer, sadness will come over me briefly, because instantly I will remind myself, 'at least I can say I owned one.' Right?

I will be camping, fishing, wheeling. shooting my new bow, and dancing in the wind this summer! Hell, I am trying right now to secure employment in one of the big mountain towns so I just live up there. OOOOO it does not hurt to dream, I hope this dream will come true too.

Come here and climb the mountain side with me! :up:

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Happy Hummer wrote:Glad to hear all is well.
Chris

Thank you Chris! :)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby The Other Rob » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Good luck on the new one.. Try and get someone that knows Jeeps to look it over Modified Jeeps can be tricky.. They look all pretty jacked up and a nice wash and wax can get in the way of what is going on underneath..

Highly Modified Jeeps are going need a lot more love and care than stock rigs.. The point I see the big change is about 4".. Above 4" of suspension lift you're going to find yourself rebuilding bushings, tie rods and ball joints about 3 times as often as someone below 4".. These things aren't difficult to do, once you know what to do.. I've turned into a control arm rebuilding fool in the past few months.. I had to pull one of the front upper control arms off to rebuild again a few weeks ago (retaining spring clip wasn't seated well and came loose.. From the time I pulled into my drive at 10pm, knowing what I needed to do, I had the arm off, bushing rebuilt, the arm bolted back in place, had the tools wiped back down in the tool chest and was washing my hands in 25 minutes.. It's not difficult, you just gotta know what to do.

I've been lucky, having a group of folks to help and show me what to do and have a good bit of mechanical ability.. It's still taken me since Feb 13th to get all the little bugs I've found so far worked out.. Major stuff, that should be regular maintenance IMHO is done.. Now it's just me tweeking things the way I want them..

Regardless.. You really need to look a modified Jeep over closely before biting.. Look for worn bushings and joints.. Loose and mismatched bolts.. Worn or damaged steering parts.. All of these can be easily corrected, but you need to know about them before you end up with someone elses big bucket of problems..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby USVibrant » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:16 pm

The Other Rob wrote:Good luck on the new one.. Try and get someone that knows Jeeps to look it over Modified Jeeps can be tricky.. They look all pretty jacked up and a nice wash and wax can get in the way of what is going on underneath..

Highly Modified Jeeps are going need a lot more love and care than stock rigs.. The point I see the big change is about 4".. Above 4" of suspension lift you're going to find yourself rebuilding bushings, tie rods and ball joints about 3 times as often as someone below 4".. These things aren't difficult to do, once you know what to do.. I've turned into a control arm rebuilding fool in the past few months.. I had to pull one of the front upper control arms off to rebuild again a few weeks ago (retaining spring clip wasn't seated well and came loose.. From the time I pulled into my drive at 10pm, knowing what I needed to do, I had the arm off, bushing rebuilt, the arm bolted back in place, had the tools wiped back down in the tool chest and was washing my hands in 25 minutes.. It's not difficult, you just gotta know what to do.

I've been lucky, having a group of folks to help and show me what to do and have a good bit of mechanical ability.. It's still taken me since Feb 13th to get all the little bugs I've found so far worked out.. Major stuff, that should be regular maintenance IMHO is done.. Now it's just me tweeking things the way I want them..

Regardless.. You really need to look a modified Jeep over closely before biting.. Look for worn bushings and joints.. Loose and mismatched bolts.. Worn or damaged steering parts.. All of these can be easily corrected, but you need to know about them before you end up with someone elses big bucket of problems..

I apologize for my delayed reply/reaction.

I did not go any further, after my rubber neckie, in checking into the Jeep I mentioned. I read your post, which gave me a Red Alert-Be Careful, and truth is I am scared. I just cannot seem to arise above it. In addition, to the fact I love my Hummer, parting with it is hurting me. Crazy I know, but one thing is for certain I am a very spontaneous woman, I am going to awake some morning and say 'today is the day.'

I am so grateful/appreciate your caring spirit towards me; makes a difference when someone is on your side; protecting you-giving keen advise. I am not stupid but there is a lot of stuff I do not think of, because I simply do not know or I am operating on emotion, which I am famous for as we all know. :wall:

I will keep you (all) updated, until then take-care.

Love, Callie

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby USVibrant » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Spontaneously today, I got Kashmir all shined up. This week I placing an advertisement (finally) for him. I think my heart is catching up to my mind now. At least I hope so.

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:35 pm

Good luck with the ad, I will keep my fingers crossed. Of course if you get a buyer you are going to have to make the decision on what to replace him with quickly :wall: :D
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Return to General