Wrangler Jeep or Toyota FJ Cruiser.......

General Discussion

Wrangler Jeep or Toyota FJ Cruiser.......

Postby USVibrant » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:38 am

What you would be your choice of the two?
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Re: Wrangler Jeep or Toyota FJ Cruiser.......

Postby Mark » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:02 am

That would be a very hard choice for me. I thought the FJ was very fugly when it came out but it has grown on me a little over the past few years. Having driven a few Jeeps I think I would have a real hard time going from the Hummer to one but being able to go completely open top would be a very nice option. Have never driven or even sat in an FJ so not sure how I would like it overall. Would really come down to what you are looking to do with it I guess.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby wpage » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:10 am

Both vehicles are poor on MPG and offer no advantages over the H3...

You could go to consumer reports and other vehicle raters for specific data based on your needs.
"You will receive power"
Acts 1:8
W
wpage
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: H3

Postby cgalpha08 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:16 pm

I didnt like the fj at first either, but its grown on me as well. I went and wheeled with a buddy of mine who has one. I liked it a lot and i would pick it over a jeep. One of the only differences is that the front and rear approach and departure angles aren't as good, and the overall clearance isnt as good. I would still pick it over a jeep it's more similar to an H3 than a jeep

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
2008 H3 Alpha
cgalpha08
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 08 H3 Alpha/07 H2

Postby clean slate » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Those taillights that stick out seem like a pretty expensive trail carnage just waiting to happen. Just my 2cents.
clean slate
Club Vice President
Club Vice President

Vehicle: 2007 h3

Postby The Other Rob » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:56 pm

wpage wrote:Both vehicles are poor on MPG and offer no advantages over the H3...

Haven't gone out looking for repair parts for the H3 lately have you..??

I'd vote Jeep since it's the one that's not being threatened to be removed from the market by its builder..
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Seth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:10 pm

It depends on what you are looking for in a vehicle. Obviously Rob and I went to a Jeep for a reason. A Jeep is never going to be as comfortable as an an IFS vehicle like an H3 or an FJ. However, it is has its clear advantages for rock crawling. My wife rode around with her friend in an FJ while we were out wheeling and she did not like it as well as the H3. It is not as refined or comfortable. Just do some research on each, drive each, and then decide for yourself.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby USVibrant » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:53 am

Thank your for all of your replies.

Whatever I decide upon, once Kashmir takes the exit out of my life (someone buys him), I know I will never look upon my new set of wheels as I have Kashmir. No other vehicle will provide me with the greater joy I have felt in having him. To others I have appeared to be in love with him, needing intervention (and I am he is sexy) he reminds me of how far I have come in my life, the mountain I have climbed with much courage and determination, even to owning my dream vehicle, which was installed in me back in the early 90's when my oldest daughter was in Japan (A Marine), sending me pictures of Hummers in action.

I wish I did not have to get rid of Kashmir, allowing my heart to control my decision; however, one friend has given me the push and shove I need, helping me to realize I need to do what is right for me. Kashmir has had problems from the onset and continues to have a problem. He is indeed a Hummer with issues, and GM further adds to the issue because of not stalkpiling parts for the Hummer when they chose not to make this machine any longer. I can tell you whatever I buy after Kashmir will not have GM's name behind it, I truly have a hate for them. Bailout Clowns!

I wonder what my signature line will read next, since I will not be a real woman any longer. YIKES! :wall: :duh: :evil:
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bellvis » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:38 pm

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon!
Miss you Rich! Thank's for all the memories!
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: The Boobicon

Postby USVibrant » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Bellvis wrote:Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon!

Yeah, yeah! :up: We will see! ;)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:34 pm

I have an idea, just get out of this one into a new Hummer :D
Mark

Re: Re: Wrangler Jeep or Toyota FJ Cruiser.......

Postby cgalpha08 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Mark wrote:I have an idea, just get out of this one into a new Hummer :D

What he said!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
2008 H3 Alpha
cgalpha08
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: 08 H3 Alpha/07 H2

Postby USVibrant » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Mark wrote:I have an idea, just get out of this one into a new Hummer :D

Great idea Mark, I wish it were that simple for me; however, because I walk alone (no man in my life helping with this game of life), carrying financial responsibility is all on my own shoulders, I cannot stretch the money that far. Having a Hummer is plain expensive for my pocketbook (I have been praying to win the lottery :roll:). Parts are a killer, it is no longer the labor cost (I have learned first hand, which I am still paying for) it is solely parts. And then to top it all off GM (YOU SUCK GMC) did not look out for Hummer Owners; stock piling the parts, leaving all to fend for themselves. I can picture it now (not feeling sorry for myself OK), trouble finds me. Sooner or later, Kashmir is going to have a problem or I should say the current problem that appears to have resolved itself within the last month (weather change?) may return, and while I am up for risk, I am not up for this risk. Having a Hummer gouge you, does not feel all that good (I know from experience, I am still reaping it), and I am not up to asking Kashmir how far he wants to bend me over, until I am belly up in the air.

In light of it all though, searching for the positive, at least I can say I owned Hummer, my dream come true. Now it is time to create another one, and that is living in up in the mountains; driving a ???????, I do not know yet. Time will tell.

Cheers!

Callie

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:22 pm

I can certainly see how you feel the way you do since your experience but I think you are being selective in your view of things if you think any, and I do mean any, other manufacturer is going to be any better in the exact same situation. I don't remember all the details but if I recall correctly your situation with Kashmir started with a not so honest, or maybe just ignorant, dealer and that Kashmir was out of warranty at that time. I have had GM and my dealer step up for me on several occasions though all pretty much minor little things. You say the labor isn't the issue but the cost of parts that are an issue, is this going to change with another brand? You do realize that you have had more issues in the short time you have owned Kashmir than I have had in 6 years of owning two different H3 right? Not trying to talk you into get another Hummer but just trying to point out that Kashmir had problems before you got him use, the dealer may or may not have known but they did not take care of it. That isn't Hummer or GM's fault, that's the dealer you got Kashmir from regardless of what brand they are. I wouldn't say that you got a lemon in Kashmir but you didn't get a good working rig. Doesn't matter what model or brand you look at, you will find somebody out there that has had just as bad if not a far worse experience. Again, not trying to convince you to buy another Hummer, just don't want you to get blind sided if you are thinking switching brands means life will be smooth sailing.
Mark

Postby USVibrant » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Mark wrote:I can certainly see how you feel the way you do since your experience but I think you are being selective in your view of things if you think any, and I do mean any, other manufacturer is going to be any better in the exact same situation. I don't remember all the details but if I recall correctly your situation with Kashmir started with a not so honest, or maybe just ignorant, dealer and that Kashmir was out of warranty at that time. I have had GM and my dealer step up for me on several occasions though all pretty much minor little things. You say the labor isn't the issue but the cost of parts that are an issue, is this going to change with another brand? You do realize that you have had more issues in the short time you have owned Kashmir than I have had in 6 years of owning two different H3 right? Not trying to talk you into get another Hummer but just trying to point out that Kashmir had problems before you got him use, the dealer may or may not have known but they did not take care of it. That isn't Hummer or GM's fault, that's the dealer you got Kashmir from regardless of what brand they are. I wouldn't say that you got a lemon in Kashmir but you didn't get a good working rig. Doesn't matter what model or brand you look at, you will find somebody out there that has had just as bad if not a far worse experience. Again, not trying to convince you to buy another Hummer, just don't want you to get blind sided if you are thinking switching brands means life will be smooth sailing.

Mark you are very right in all that you are telling me, and I appreciate it more than I can possibly express to you. I feel it is high time I quit protraying myself as a victim, because in all honesty I played a part in it all. (**** it is hard to be accountable, but I would not have it any other way). I was living in the moment, and gouged myself. Lesson learned: Dealerships are like lawyers, you have to play hard ball, keeping the upper hand-making the rules, otherwise, you will get blindsided, which is percisely what happened in my case.

You are further right this is not GMC's fault. :up: :up: Boy Mark, you really have got me to see the flipside of the coin, which I have been having a problem with-my mind goes way too far at times.

I realize another brand is not going to mean smooth sailing, nothing is perfect-life just does not work that way. I am just worried the parts for my Hummer or any other Hummer or going to put me in the poor house. Or maybe I am just not being optimistic, thinking postive?? Maybe the victim trait is still there. :wall: I do not know, but what I do know this step I feel I need to take is very hard for me; wrenching my heart in all directions, it is so sad for me.

Your thoughts on what Hummer I should consider buying would be appreciated. What year? Anything else that might help me.

Thank you Mark, I so appreciate your reply, once again.

Love,

Callie

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Next

Return to General