should i trade in?

General Discussion

should i trade in?

Postby jbrashers » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:47 am

I have an 06 green h3. I am nearing 95000 miles. I know that is one of the rarest colors out there. Would it be worth it to trade it in and get something with less miles? When do problems start to occur in the h3s? I have been debating on it for a while now and would just like some input.
jbrashers
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: h3

Re: should i trade in?

Postby USVibrant » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:24 pm

jbrashers wrote:I have an 06 green h3. I am nearing 95000 miles. I know that is one of the rarest colors out there. Would it be worth it to trade it in and get something with less miles? When do problems start to occur in the h3s? I have been debating on it for a while now and would just like some input.

Hi jbrashers,

My input?

If you had not any problems with your H3, up to this point, I would run him/her to the ground. I really do not feel the miles dictate anything. Perhaps, the problems that could of occurred would have already made an appearance. I would think anyway.

Problems with a H3 can occur at any given time, like with anything else-everything is a risk. Taking care of something puts the odds for you, that is for certain. I say keep him/her! :up: I can tell you if Kashmir (My Hummer) and I make it to this longevity, I will keep him to my dying day. 8)
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:32 pm

I would be shocked if the color got you any extra on trade in. I could get you more in a private sale but that's if you find somebody specifically looking for a green one. There was one on a lot near my house and it sat there for some time. I never checked so they may have just been asking to much but you aren't going to get somebody to pay anything more for the color unless they have to have it. As far as getting rid of it, there are a lot of different variable that would dictate that decision if it were me and only you can answer those. Is it paid off? Are you going to get something you like better? Have you look into getting an extended warranty if the mileage is your main concern? If paid off you could put aside what you would have paid on a payment so you have it for repairs if they come up.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Slogger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:25 pm

I asked myself that question rather recently too. I have a 2006 H3 with 96,000 miles on it. I bought her new and have always been happy and kept up with maintenance. Earlier this month the engine light came on, I thought, oh, time to change the belts and plugs and stuff like that. Mechanics came back with a "Low Compression in Cylinder 3" Ended up having to replace the Cylinder Head. I'll write up a longer story when I have time but the long story short, $2,300 lighter in the bank to fix that problem. :cry:

Since a few weeks have passed, I can look back and say I made the right decision. I still love the H3. It's been paid off for a long time and in the end even if I were to divide the $2,300 over the past 12 months, it's about $190/month. A lot less than a new car payment. If I didn't love my H3 as much as I do, I would have gotten rid of it when GM sunk the brand.

I agree with Mark. You could put aside what you would be paying for a new car and probably still come out ahead for maintenance.

Of course, the choice is yours. :yup:
Simply,
Slogger

http://www.adventureslogger.com
http://www.counterpointphotography.com

2006 H3 Boulder Gray - Adventure / Lux
Add-ons (So Far): •OEM Brush Guards •Thule Roof-Rack •Rola Safari Rack •285/75R16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts
Slogger
Club Director
Club Director

Vehicle: H3 - Adventure/LUX

Return to General