Purchase offer

General Discussion

Purchase offer

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:17 am

Wondering if anybody else has gotten a similar letter. Got it from the local Cadillac dealer last week offering to buy my truck. It wasn't the normal come in and trade your vehicle in on a new Cadillac that I receive on a fairly regular basis. This came across more like they REALLY wanted to get some Hummers on the lot and that they had people looking for them. Even stressed the fact that they would buy it regardless of if I wanted to buy anything from them. Thought it was interesting that there seems to be a pretty good market for Hummers, to the degree that they are actively looking for them. Of course I'm not going to take them up on it and at this point don't plan on getting rid of it for a long time even after getting a new DD in the next couple of years.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Re: Purchase offer

Postby big2dabank » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:53 am

Interesting,

I've got letters from a couple of GMC and Chevy dealers wanting to sell me a new car at $500 below invoice on top of any applicable rebates. I have been in the market for another vehicle to use as a DD and am struggling to find something, but am pretty sure I will not be going back to GM even with the deal they are offering. I stopped at a non GM dealers last week and the sales rep asked if I was trading in the Hummer and I told him hell no, he said they wouldn't be able to give me near what it is worth on a trade and would just send it to auction.

I am not sure about you Mark, but I see quite a few Hummers on the road these days, way more than I used to see. So they must be selling well on the used market.
BIG2DABANK
05 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

big2dabank
Chapter Vice President - Florida
Chapter Vice President - Florida

Vehicle: 05 H2 SUT

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:13 am

Yeah, I get those letter too, this one seemed totally different. I have always had good experiences with the GM vehicles that I have had but also did with the Fords I had as well so not sure what I will go with for my next DD but the Hummer is staying. I bought a couple of used cars a few weeks ago for my son and daughter in-law and the used market has definitely changed these days. Last time I shopped for a used car was about 2 years ago when we picked up one for our other son and it's worth today what I paid for it then. New cars are where the deals are these days. I couldn't believe it when at a major dealership and the salesman is showing me vehicles with 100K+ miles. Last time I shopped the major dealers wouldn't even put something with 80K on the lot let alone 100K+. I definitely thought I was seeing more Hummers on the road lately but wasn't sure, guess I actually am :yup:
Mark

Postby Midnight_H3 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:15 pm

I don't actually know where you guys are located, but I'm in CT. I just bought my h3 about 3 months ago with 55k on it used from a gm dealer. I paid 18k for it and there were 2 others on the lot. A talk to multiple people there and they all said they couldn't get rid of them. Mine was sitting on the lot for at least 8 months and one was there for a year. Im not saying I got the best price but it didn't seem like they were unreasonable. There doesn't seen to be a market for them at all up here. The salesman even showed me what the dealer got mine for and it was only 1500 less than what I paid.

Sent from my 3VO
Midnight_H3
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: 06 Hummer H3

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:04 am

I am sure it varies from region to region but I know it seems like I am seeing more and more on the road these days in central FL. They might not be moving well in all areas but they do see to be holding good value. By no means am I saying that you didn't get a good price, again holding value, but went I turned in my '06 which was leased to buy the Alpha over 2 1/2 years ago I could have bought out the '06 for roughly what you paid for yours. The simple fact that they are not making anymore will help their value. Not that they are collector vehicles at this point or anything but dealers know that if somebody wants one they are going to have to get a used one.

This is not one that I expected or wanted to see on the road though. Will try to get a better pic but it's at a small dealer and I was doing about 45 as I went by so wasn't that easy to get a good photo with the phone.

H2_2.jpg
H2_2.jpg (97.57 KiB) Viewed 941 times

H2_1.jpg
H2_1.jpg (101.1 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Mark

Postby Midnight_H3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:59 pm

LOL!!!! I'm sorry but imo that is hideous!!!! Who would spend there money to ruin a vehicle like that?

Sent from my 3VO
Midnight_H3
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:39 pm

I agree completely. It's scary how many redneck, need an extension ladder to get in, trucks you see running around FL. I would bet a good portion of these trucks are far from legal in any other state if for nothing else the height of the bumpers. The only function for that H2 is to attract attention and maybe the mud bogs.
Mark

Postby Midnight_H3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:42 pm

Trust me, I know. I lived in fort myers/ lehigh acres for 6 years. Ive seen a lot down there...

Sent from my 3VO
Midnight_H3
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby USVibrant » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:48 pm

I see a lot more Hummers in the Denver area now, more so when I bought Kashmir. When I bought him the search was on remember Mark? I was looking to and fro for Hummer Lovers.

That Hummer in the picture, looks like a wanna be ford. :wall: I wonder if he/she wears white gloves while driving. :yuck: Although, I think one thing may do this Hummer some justice, and that is the Monster Truck Show. "Challenge is on with the Grave Digger." :lol: :lol: I know not funny, but kind of is to me.
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Got a slightly better pic as I went by there yesterday. They had a price on it now, all that can be yours for only $29,995 :lol:

H2_3.jpg
H2_3.jpg (92.33 KiB) Viewed 883 times

Can't tell from the pics but I would bet that if you took a look at the suspension and steering setup it would be pretty scary :o
Mark

Postby Midnight_H3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Ohh my.. hideous.... Yeah, I wouldn't trust it at all. That's scary but I think I saw it at the redneck yacht club last year..

Sent from my 3VO
Midnight_H3
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Postby Seth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:31 am

Mark wrote:Got a slightly better pic as I went by there yesterday. They had a price on it now, all that can be yours for only $29,995 :lol:

H2_3.jpg

Can't tell from the pics but I would bet that if you took a look at the suspension and steering setup it would be pretty scary :o

But it has a solid front axle so it must be awesome off-road. :where: :lol:
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:55 am

Midnight_H3 wrote:That's scary but I think I saw it at the redneck yacht club last year..

That would not surprise me at all :D
Mark

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:56 am

Seth wrote:But it has a solid front axle so it must be awesome off-road. :where: :lol:

It would be awesome off road...as long at you didn't have to turn and the ground was flat :lol:
Mark

Postby USVibrant » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Mark wrote:
Seth wrote:But it has a solid front axle so it must be awesome off-road. :where: :lol:

It would be awesome off road...as long at you didn't have to turn and the ground was flat :lol:

If I had the money I would buy that Hummer (rescuing this Hummer), in turn, having this sort of money for that Hummer, I would do some extreme mods to it, including making sure the welding job is done correctly. You know those beads look beautiful and just not the make shift of a wanna be welder or mods man/woman.

Then............because I was raised on racing, that Hummer would be become a tractor puller in the mud, and I would be the woman behind the wheel. (I hope it would be a standand tranny)

Yep, only in a straight line and flat would be this Hummer's direction. No doubt about it.
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Next

Return to General