Cap my azz...

General Discussion

Cap my azz...

Postby Bayrat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:28 pm

Normally I check my oil fill cap and other stuff after each visit to the dealer for service. This last time, about 5 weeks ago, I was in a rush and failed to do that. Today I'm cleaning my engine compartment and put my hand on the cap to ensure it was tight and notice a big chunk out of it. Not only that it has a gash on top so I'm thinking the mechanic set the thing on the radiator and started the truck, forgetting it was there. So it falls into the fan, he picks it up and puts the POS back on the truck rather than ordering another one and telling me about it.

So today I call Valley and get that same imbecile "team leader" I always get but before I could explain the issue, he dumps the call to the parts department. I explain to the parts guy and he orders the part but says he can't do any warranty (it still has full coverage), that's the service writers job. So I says, please talk to him and call me back, he just dumped the call to you. Awhile later blue team leader calls back and he argues that it's been several weeks since the service 1, why did I not notice it before? Also, I am overdue for all the flush jobs, and on and on so they may not honor warranty. I asked him if all their customers are required to make complete inspections after repairs to ensure nothing was broken.

I called another dealer and explained what occurred and they are taking care of the problem. I went back to the selling dealer only for the "free" oil changes and so far I have one $80 air filter, one broken oil fill cap and one migraine. Never again! :yuck: This is exactly why I quit going there in the first place! :wall:
Bayrat
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: H3 Championship

Re: Cap my azz...

Postby Seth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:58 pm

It is sad when dealerships treat their customers like this. I seems like they aren't as worried about keeping customers and do not treat people as well as the local mechanic shop will. It's amazing how common this attitude is across the country. :roll:
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 am

I am so thankful that I have been lucky enough to have worked with a couple of great dealerships during my Hummer ownership. It constantly amazes me to hear how bad some dealers treat their customers. I can understand the position of its been several weeks and not knowing how it actually happened but if they cared about keeping customers they would eat the minimal cost of the cap just to make the customer happy. It's ridiculous to immediately jump to why didn't you notice before. Do they actually think that even half their customer look under the hood on a regular basis if at all :wall:
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Bayrat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 pm

Mark wrote:I am so thankful that I have been lucky enough to have worked with a couple of great dealerships during my Hummer ownership. It constantly amazes me to hear how bad some dealers treat their customers. I can understand the position of its been several weeks and not knowing how it actually happened but if they cared about keeping customers they would eat the minimal cost of the cap just to make the customer happy. It's ridiculous to immediately jump to why didn't you notice before. Do they actually think that even half their customer look under the hood on a regular basis if at all :wall:

The fact is, they could turn it in as a defective part, the truck is under warranty thus not costing them a dime. Please kick me if I ever do anything with this dealer again, even if it is "free". :wall:
Bayrat
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Bayrat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:05 am

I need to commend GM, they called me to offer compensation for the experience I incurred. This, after I filled out the survey regarding the free Hummer oil changes at this particular dealership. I'm impressed and in the same breath I gave the other GM dealer a big R+ for helping me out.
Bayrat
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:36 am

Glad to hear they are stepping up at least to a minimal extent.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Bayrat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am

Mark wrote:Glad to hear they are stepping up at least to a minimal extent.

I've never had a car company offer to mend a bad experience :D . At least not any I have dealt with, although other than my Jeep issue with Chrysler I really have not complained much over the years. This time I wanted my broken part replaced, that is all, and could not believe the BS I was handed by the service department at Valley.
Bayrat
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby USVibrant » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 pm

I know what I am going to be doing after each oil change-I have never even considered looking at the oil cap to make sure it secure, ect.

Would you not know, that one time, you do not look, whatever can happen, happens.

I am happy a bad experience turned out good for you-GM making the wrongness right :up:.

You have given me an idea :/ , I need to write GM directly with the bad experience I have had with my Hummer-maybe, just maybe, they will make the wrongness right for me, at least half of it would be nice. My lawyer is eating me up and seems we are going around, and around in circles.

Thank you for your comment on commending GM-got me thinking.
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Return to General