Mark, Seth, or Whoever can answer this question...

General Discussion

Mark, Seth, or Whoever can answer this question...

Postby USVibrant » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:05 pm

I am wondeing since any forum and any post to these forums is property of HXC, can I copy topics relating to my Hummers problem? I just want to make sure before I begin coping them at the request of my attorney.

Repectively,

Callie
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Re: Mark, Seth, or Whoever can answer this question...

Postby The Other Rob » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:30 am

This is the interwebs.. everything is free for the taking here.. :lol:
--
Rob
WHEEL IT LIKE IT'S SPONSORED..!!!
The Other Rob
Chapter President - MidSouth
Chapter President - MidSouth

Vehicle: Black.. Yeah.. Black

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:12 am

Exactly, there is nothing preventing anybody from viewing the thread in the public sections of the forum or printing them out. The only issue is if somebody is to copy material that they did not post to post it elsewhere. Of course 99% of the time the original poster probably isn't going to care anyway.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby USVibrant » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:34 pm

I have a high respect for HXC-because to be truthful you guy's have dealt with me-I have been the greatest nOOb ever-forever a legend, (I have changed it now-stilll free at thought, but have taken things much more seriously) which is my reason for asking. In my mind, post are not free for the taking. Post are other peoples ideas, thoughts, educational videos and instruction, and I feel it would be no different than Plagiarism in a round-about-way.
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Mark » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:28 pm

Taking and using as your own such as posting elsewhere would IMO be plagiarism but to print out for research which is essentially what your attorney needs it for would basically be the same a if he/she came here and read it themselves.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby USVibrant » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Good point Mark. :up:

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Robo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:22 am

fwiw, seeing as how the information (some good/some not so much :lol: ) is "free". anyone at a public library can look at this site, the only plagerism or legal problem one might run into is the information directly from GM that was posted here. :where: :where: but even then most of the technical info is already available online or through a easily purchased shop manual at any auto parts store.

Even then, it's not like you are taking this info and putting it out there like YOU developed it and are taking credit for it.

I think you'll be ok :yup:
The Constitution of the United States of America and the Bill of Rights guarantees our Freedom and our Rights. They do not protect them.
Protect your Freedom. Protect your Rights.

http://www.nraila.org
Robo
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Catch and release H3

Postby USVibrant » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Robo wrote:fwiw, seeing as how the information (some good/some not so much :lol: ) is "free". anyone at a public library can look at this site, the only plagerism or legal problem one might run into is the information directly from GM that was posted here. :where: :where: but even then most of the technical info is already available online or through a easily purchased shop manual at any auto parts store.

Even then, it's not like you are taking this info and putting it out there like YOU developed it and are taking credit for it.

I think you'll be ok :yup:

I am already giving the appropriate credit to all the threads about my Hummer-pertaining to my Hummer. I give the credit to you all, who never once wrote, 'will you shut up already, take the drama elsewhere.' :duh: But continued to allow me to cry my blues, which are going to benefit me greatly in the future in proving a lot. Thank you so much.

I know it will be OK :yup:

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Return to General