Need Good Thoughts This Way

General Discussion

Postby Slogger » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi Hummer Family,

It's been a while since I've last logged on. The past few weeks have been a real bad roller-coaster ride for me and my family. On April 1st my son and I were tagging along with my wife and her college choir she directs on their annual choir tour; they in the bus, my son and I in the H3. That night at the hotel my wife, who at the time was 29 weeks pregnant, (36-40 weeks is considered term) started bleeding. Luckily I had driven separately so we drove over to the closest emergency room at which point they began prepping her for early delivery. We live in Southern California and when all this happened we were in San Luis Obispo, a good 4-5 hours north of our home. Long, long story short they were able to control the bleeding and contractions so by the 4th day in the hospital we got clearance to go home. The baby's due date is still June 11th but with many precautions. My wife is now 33 almost 34 weeks, is on limited mobility until delivery so everything in that respect is much better. During this time my wife was in the hospital, we found out my Dad was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. He just started chemotherapy this past Monday. Some of the guys have probably met my dad, he went with me to Cleghorn Ridge the last time the club went. I don't mean to be a downer but if you can, send some good thoughts this way. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Adrian
Simply,
Slogger

http://www.adventureslogger.com
http://www.counterpointphotography.com

2006 H3 Boulder Gray - Adventure / Lux
Add-ons (So Far): •OEM Brush Guards •Thule Roof-Rack •Rola Safari Rack •285/75R16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts
Slogger
Club Director
Club Director

Vehicle: H3 - Adventure/LUX

Re: Need Good Thoughts This Way

Postby Seth » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 pm

My prayers go out to you and your family. Your dad is a great guy and I am sorry to hear about that. Your wife is strong and I know she will pull through.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth
Chapter President - SoCal

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby USVibrant » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:53 am

Hi Slogger,

I am really sorry for the difficult time you and your family are enduring presently, you have every right to express all.

I was diagnosed with Stage 2-3 Ovarian Cancer in 2002, I survived and have been in remission since 2004. Please give your father a hug for me and tell him to make sure he laughs and if he has not obtained 'hope' as of yet, tell him to search, embrace, and make it is own. Hope is a healer, I know from experience.

I would ike to share with you "Hope" in which I did not create this; however, when life suppresses me I latch on to it, and it helps, possibly it will help you and your family.

I believe and will forever trust in "Hope" Hope is a bright shining light which keeps darkness at the bay. Hope is a gentle cold breeze on a hot summer day. Hope is to remain positive when going gets tough. Hope is seeking more when others think I have had enough. Hope is dreaming of tommorow. Hope is simmering under sorrow. Hope sparkles when tears are in my eyes. Hope is a beautiful thing
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

I would rather be found camping & off-roading than to be found at home
USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Vehicle: Darkside-07 Wrangler Jeep

Postby 08H3 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:21 am

Prayers for you and your family...
08H3
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:39 pm

My prayers are going out to you and your family. I know it's not likely from the other side of the country but if there is anything I can do for you let me know.
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark
Chapter President - Florida

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby clean slate » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:42 pm

Prayers and best of thoughts your way. I can't speak with too much experience on your fathers cancer but if you have any questions about what you and your wife are going through I may have some answers. Let me know if there is anything I can do.
-brandon
clean slate
Club Vice President
Club Vice President

Vehicle: 2007 h3

Postby djinco » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Prayers to you and your family.
Cheers, Doug
Colorado Springs

I am sorry that everyone cannot have a Hummer, some folks must drive a Jeep or a Toyota.
djinco
Trail Novice
Trail Novice

Vehicle: H3

Postby big2dabank » Thu May 05, 2011 9:40 am

Life has a way of knocking you down, but its how you get back up and handle things that defines you as a person. Trust me I know, as a parent with a son with Cerebral Palsy and a 14 month old with an unknown metabolic dissorder, there are days my wife and I wonder when are we going to have some good things happen in our life. What amazes me is that how much having a possitive attitude has an impact on things. I can see that positive attitude and strong will reflected in the eyes of my children and to me that is one of the true miracles of life.

Good luck and be strong for your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
BIG2DABANK
05 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

big2dabank
Chapter Vice President - Florida
Chapter Vice President - Florida

Vehicle: 05 H2 SUT

Postby Bellvis » Thu May 05, 2011 8:17 pm

My thoughts are with you and your family Slogger. Keep us updated.
Miss you Rich! Thank's for all the memories!
Bellvis
Trail Master
Trail Master

Vehicle: The Boobicon

Postby USVibrant » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Hey Slogger,

Wondering how things are in your world?
Real Women Drive Hummers and This One, once upon a time, Owned Her Own. Now she is just the black Jeep of the Hummer Family going topless and becoming way too dirty. (No Recovery Needed)

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Slogger » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:09 pm

Thank you all for all your well wishes. It's been a tough couple of months but I'm starting to feel things are getting better. Sorry I haven't been a round the past couple of months. Here is an update:
Our daughter, Ayden Elise was born May 24th 2011 - 5pounds 11ounces. She is healthy and for the most part very happy. It was a tough pregnancy for my wife and she is doing great now. She is now two months old and starting to sleep 5 hours at a night so I'm starting to feel human again...
blog.jpg
blog.jpg (51.53 KiB) Viewed 912 times

My Dad - He joined an experimental study for his stomach cancer. He is showing great improvement. After his 4 treatment they ran a CT scan and was able to see the growth of the tumors on his liver shrink significantly and in some cases disappear. He has this treatment along with Chemotherapy every other week. He has been eating more and his spirits are up. In August he will go in for another CT scan and an endoscope to check the tumor in his stomach. We are hoping the tumor in the stomach will have shrunk significantly. The main goal of this experimental study is to actually kill the cancer tumor. It looks like it is going that way so all we can do is keep plodding away and hope for the best.
I really want to thank you all for your support. I will be around here more on the forum. Your well wishes really do mean a lot!

Adrian
Simply,
Slogger

http://www.adventureslogger.com
http://www.counterpointphotography.com

2006 H3 Boulder Gray - Adventure / Lux
Add-ons (So Far): •OEM Brush Guards •Thule Roof-Rack •Rola Safari Rack •285/75R16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts
Slogger
Club Director
Club Director

Vehicle: H3 - Adventure/LUX

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Glad to hear things are looking up. Congratulations on your daughter as well as your father's progress 8)
Hummer X Club Florida Chapter
mailto:florida@hummerxclub.com
Mark

Vehicle: 09 H3 Alpha/74 Int. Scout

Postby Seth » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Congratulations on the new addition. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
Keep your wits sharp, your heart open, and your gun loaded.
Seth

Vehicle: JK Rubicon Unlimited

Postby BeHummer2 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:58 pm

No wonder I haven’t see you cruising in the mornings on beach boulevard, She’s a beautiful baby congratulations!!
Regards :)
Maroon H2 From West Anaheim
GO ANGELS
BBBBAGUI@YAHOO.COM
BeHummer2
Trail Rider
Trail Rider

Vehicle: H2

Postby USVibrant » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:53 am

Hi Slogger,

What wonderful news concerning your father, he is a fighter-conquering the monster! :up:

Your daughter is beautiful! Congradulations.

I am so happy for you!

Callie

USVibrant
Club Member
Club Member

Return to General